What's new

Who's back next season?

Which of these guys do you think are still here on opening night next season?

• Quin

• Rudy

• Donovan

• Conley

• Bogey

• Royce

• Clarkson

• Gay

• Whiteside

• House

Results are only viewable after voting.
By the time this is over, the FO will have talked themselves into running it back and re-signing Ingles, Favors, and Dante Exum.

Is this message not already materially different than we heard last week?

At the end of the season, I thought there was no chance in hell that we'd run it back with all three of Snyder, Mitchell and Gobert...now that's sounding more possible. Doesn't make any sense to me, if you're going to bring Don and Rudy both back then you at least need to bring in a new coach.

At the end of the season, I thought there was no chance in hell that we'd run it back with all three of Snyder, Mitchell and Gobert...now that's sounding more possible. Doesn't make any sense to me, if you're going to bring Don and Rudy both back then you at least need to bring in a new coach.
Tony is more on the conservative side with his guesstimates... I think him saying a Rudy trade is 50/50 is fair but it just says to me that if the trade market is garbage for Rudy that they won't move him for the sake of change. If we get something palatable then he's moved imo.

It looks to me like it's all he said she said crap. From everything I've seen and read , Don has never said he wanted out, and Rudy came out and indicated pretty plainly that this ultimatum thing is a BS rumor. I think it would be better for most of our psyches to step away from it and see what happens.

June can't come soon enough. I cannot wait to see what the front office does with this roster. This is likely going to be the most fascinating offseason in the history off the franchise and I can't wait to get it started.

If Gobert is moved, at minimum two of Conley, Bogey, Clarkson must also be traded. That's a lot work to be done.

June can't come soon enough. I cannot wait to see what the front office does with this roster. This is likely going to be the most fascinating offseason in the history off the franchise and I can't wait to get it started.
It also has all the potential to be the most disappointing off-season in franchise history. I sure hope not though.

I don't really like Best Buy rumor mills, but a real estate buddy of mine says that word on the street is that Clarkson is likely going to list his house in SJ on the market very soon.

I don't really like Best Buy rumor mills, but a real estate buddy of mine says that word on the street is that Clarkson is likely going to list his house in SJ on the market very soon.
San Jose?

On the Game Notes podcast Tony Jones mentioned a hypothetical trade for Rudy to Charlotte for Hayward, PJ Washington, both of their first round picks this year and a future first. He said they could then use one of their first-round picks on a guy like Mark Williams out of Duke and that would give them another rim-running center.

Thoughts?

On the Game Notes podcast Tony Jones mentioned a hypothetical trade for Rudy to Charlotte for Hayward, PJ Washington, both of their first round picks this year and a future first. He said they could then use one of their first-round picks on a guy like Mark Williams out of Duke and that would give them another rim-running center.

Thoughts?
I think it’d be about as good of a return as one could hope. I like Williams a lot.

I think it’d be about as good of a return as one could hope. I like Williams a lot.

If Hayward could stay healthy, he could actually really help us, as could PJ Washington. Those two guys plus two or three first round picks is a pretty good haul. Trading one of our most loyal players for Hayward would definitely make me sick to my stomach for a while though...but I'd eventually get over it.

Thoughts?
Not bad.

I personally would rather have Rozier and Plumlee than Hayward though. It's almost the exact same money.

I really like Plumlee. His hustle, grit, desire and leadership would be great for this team. Rozier has many of those same qualities.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Not bad.

I personally would rather have Rozier and Plumlee than Hayward though. It's almost the exact same money.

I really like Plumlee. His hustle, grit, desire and leadership would be great for this team. Rozier has many of those same qualities.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I think taking Hayward is a big reason for the other value… I think that is non-negotiable from Hornets perspective. He’d been rumored to be on the block for a year and his last season didn’t help… just a health issue. We could for sure get Plumplee in the deal who is fine but I hate watching him.

The guy I try to sneak into the deal if it’s me is McDaniels… long athletic wing on a minimum expiring deal so it might be a no go.

I think taking Hayward is a big reason for the other value… I think that is non-negotiable from Hornets perspective. He’d been rumored to be on the block for a year and his last season didn’t help… just a health issue. We could for sure get Plumplee in the deal who is fine but I hate watching him.

The guy I try to sneak into the deal if it’s me is McDaniels… long athletic wing on a minimum expiring deal so it might be a no go.
“Anytime you receive a Zeller or a Plumlee, you’ve lost the trade.”