What's new

Who's back next season?

Which of these guys do you think are still here on opening night next season?

• Quin

• Rudy

• Donovan

• Conley

• Bogey

• Royce

• Clarkson

• Gay

• Whiteside

• House

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
I think Quin's likely back, but I think only 3 or 4 of these players will be back. These polls only allow 10 choices, so I wasn't able to list EP, Juancho, and the rest.

Discuss.

Last edited:

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
I've said this in other threads, but I think Bogdanovic has trade value, he's aging and he's in the last year of his deal. If the Jazz decide they want to get younger, more athletic and more versatile defensively, Bogdanovic is a pretty obvious trade candidate. The Jazz reportedly almost traded Joe Ingles last offseason for the same reasons.

I'm not sure if Conley has much trade value on his own, given his current contract. He would need to be moved as part of a larger package. Some Knicks fans would be willing to trade Julius Randle for Mike Conley, but that's only because they view Randle as a worse contract. I think the Jazz would probably like to move Conley, but I could see Conley coming back and playing reduced minutes if the right deal isn't there. He could also get moved at the trade deadline if Butler and NAW are coming along.

I think the Jazz like House and would like to bring him back, but it will depend on his market.

I think the Jazz are stuck with Gay, unfortunately. It's going to take at least a pick to get off his contract. He's the new Ed Davis. Maybe he gets included in a package deal.

The real question is whether the Jazz want to keep Gobert, or change the direction of the team. If it were me, I wouldn't be in a hurry to trade Gobert unless someone just wowed me with a trade proposal.

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
I've said this in other threads, but I think Bogdanovic has trade value, he's aging and he's in the last year of his deal. If the Jazz decide they want to get younger, more athletic and more versatile defensively, Bogdanovic is a pretty obvious trade candidate. The Jazz reportedly almost traded Joe Ingles last offseason for the same reasons.

I'm not sure if Conley has much trade value on his own, given his current contract. He would need to be moved as part of a larger package. Some Knicks fans would be willing to trade Julius Randle for Mike Conley, but that's only because they view Randle as a worse contract. I think the Jazz would probably like to move Conley, but I could see Conley coming back and playing reduced minutes if the right deal isn't there. He could also get moved at the trade deadline if Butler and NAW are coming along.

I think the Jazz like House and would like to bring him back, but it will depend on his market.

I think the Jazz are stuck with Gay, unfortunately. It's going to take at least a pick to get off his contract. He's the new Ed Davis. Maybe he gets included in a package deal.

The real question is whether the Jazz want to keep Gobert, or change the direction of the team. If it were me, I wouldn't be in a hurry to trade Gobert unless someone just wowed me with a trade proposal.

Bogey's one of the guy's I'd like to keep next season, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded for all of the reasons you mentioned. I also wouldn't be shocked if they wait until the trade deadline to move him.

Clarkson is another guy that I think has decent trade value, and his playoff performance likely elevated his value even more. I think the Jazz would prefer to keep him because of his ability to create his own shot and attack switching defenses.

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
If I'm the Jazz I want a 6'7" wing or big guard with ball skills who can play on the ball in crunchtime. Otherwise, I'm not moving Gobert.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
They will move some combination of JC, Gay, House and Whiteside to "retool" around the rest, essentially run it all back and have essentially the same results.

But it's safe, likely gets us back to the playoffs, likely a 2nd round exit at best, and it frees up Ryan to focus on his Jr high school dream of black and yellow unis.

Eminence

I'm hoping for Gobert/Bojan/Royce/Clarkson/House, kinda neutral on Quin/Whiteside, for various reasons would rather move on from Don/Conley/Gay.