What's new

Who's back next season?

Which of these guys do you think are still here on opening night next season?

• Quin

• Rudy

• Donovan

• Conley

• Bogey

• Royce

• Clarkson

• Gay

• Whiteside

• House

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
I think Quin's likely back, but I think only 3 or 4 of these players will be back. These polls only allow 10 choices, so I wasn't able to list EP, Juancho, and the rest.

Discuss.

Last edited:
I've said this in other threads, but I think Bogdanovic has trade value, he's aging and he's in the last year of his deal. If the Jazz decide they want to get younger, more athletic and more versatile defensively, Bogdanovic is a pretty obvious trade candidate. The Jazz reportedly almost traded Joe Ingles last offseason for the same reasons.

I'm not sure if Conley has much trade value on his own, given his current contract. He would need to be moved as part of a larger package. Some Knicks fans would be willing to trade Julius Randle for Mike Conley, but that's only because they view Randle as a worse contract. I think the Jazz would probably like to move Conley, but I could see Conley coming back and playing reduced minutes if the right deal isn't there. He could also get moved at the trade deadline if Butler and NAW are coming along.

I think the Jazz like House and would like to bring him back, but it will depend on his market.

I think the Jazz are stuck with Gay, unfortunately. It's going to take at least a pick to get off his contract. He's the new Ed Davis. Maybe he gets included in a package deal.

The real question is whether the Jazz want to keep Gobert, or change the direction of the team. If it were me, I wouldn't be in a hurry to trade Gobert unless someone just wowed me with a trade proposal.

I've said this in other threads, but I think Bogdanovic has trade value, he's aging and he's in the last year of his deal. If the Jazz decide they want to get younger, more athletic and more versatile defensively, Bogdanovic is a pretty obvious trade candidate. The Jazz reportedly almost traded Joe Ingles last offseason for the same reasons.

I'm not sure if Conley has much trade value on his own, given his current contract. He would need to be moved as part of a larger package. Some Knicks fans would be willing to trade Julius Randle for Mike Conley, but that's only because they view Randle as a worse contract. I think the Jazz would probably like to move Conley, but I could see Conley coming back and playing reduced minutes if the right deal isn't there. He could also get moved at the trade deadline if Butler and NAW are coming along.

I think the Jazz like House and would like to bring him back, but it will depend on his market.

I think the Jazz are stuck with Gay, unfortunately. It's going to take at least a pick to get off his contract. He's the new Ed Davis. Maybe he gets included in a package deal.

The real question is whether the Jazz want to keep Gobert, or change the direction of the team. If it were me, I wouldn't be in a hurry to trade Gobert unless someone just wowed me with a trade proposal.

Bogey's one of the guy's I'd like to keep next season, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded for all of the reasons you mentioned. I also wouldn't be shocked if they wait until the trade deadline to move him.

Clarkson is another guy that I think has decent trade value, and his playoff performance likely elevated his value even more. I think the Jazz would prefer to keep him because of his ability to create his own shot and attack switching defenses.

If I'm the Jazz I want a 6'7" wing or big guard with ball skills who can play on the ball in crunchtime. Otherwise, I'm not moving Gobert.

They will move some combination of JC, Gay, House and Whiteside to "retool" around the rest, essentially run it all back and have essentially the same results.

But it's safe, likely gets us back to the playoffs, likely a 2nd round exit at best, and it frees up Ryan to focus on his Jr high school dream of black and yellow unis.

I'm hoping for Gobert/Bojan/Royce/Clarkson/House, kinda neutral on Quin/Whiteside, for various reasons would rather move on from Don/Conley/Gay.

The only one I hope doesn't return is Quin.

I'm okay with minor changes outside that and seeing what a new coach can do with Rudy and Don.

Those who hope Mitchell doesn't come back clearly huffed too much paint fumes as a kid and aren't really worth engaging or taking seriously.

You only own that view if you're stupid as all sin or Mitchell demands to be traded, which he has not done. If Mitchell wants back, you bring him the **** back or might as well just trade both him and Rudy and tank for the next five years.

I'm no going to predict. I don't know how to trust the rumors since they seem so illogical to me. I have my preferences on what they do, but will still be a sucker and keep following the team no matter what. Somehow I'll convince myself that whatever moves they make might work.

It is nearly impossible for me to believe that the Jazz keep Quin despite their rhetoric. Most of the locker room problems and scheme problems lay at his feet. I also don’t think he really wants to be here anymore and the failures might be connected to that.

I cannot think of a reason to keep him and I refuse to believe that the organization can’t see most of what I just said.

If Don stays, he has to be the smallest one on the floor, period. That means shipping Conley, or relegating him to strictly 2nd PG duties if he's too hard to move.

I voted that Q, Rudy, Conley, Gay, and Whiteside would all be gone next year. Was iffy about Bogey, but left him on as I think he probably made a good impression this series, and brass might want to keep him as an expiring for the deadline if they can't find the right deal. I think in general there will be a shift toward cutting the 30+ players, so that's who I didn't vote for as staying.

It is nearly impossible for me to believe that the Jazz keep Quin despite their rhetoric. Most of the locker room problems and scheme problems lay at his feet. I also don’t think he really wants to be here anymore and the failures might be connected to that.

I cannot think of a reason to keep him and I refuse to believe that the organization can’t see most of what I just said.
I agree with one point. It's more of a matter of Quin not wanting to be here than the Jazz not wanting Quin. There just aren't that many great options for a team that's on the verge of a rebuild.

Last edited:
They will move some combination of JC, Gay, House and Whiteside to "retool" around the rest, essentially run it all back and have essentially the same results.

But it's safe, likely gets us back to the playoffs, likely a 2nd round exit at best, and it frees up Ryan to focus on his Jr high school dream of black and yellow unis.
Nobody wants House lol