What's new

Who's getting bought out this year?

Let’s hope he’s on our roster this year. Not healthy? Okay. Play Niang. Healthy? Well, we’d be hearing a lot more about whistling buttholes.
Everybody loves a good whistling butthole.

Just did a quick On-Off court number scan... I fell into a quick rabbit hole again on Mo Wagner. I think he might be good enough as a 4/5 to be the stretch 5 and survive alongside Rudy or Favs if we need. Washington has been so much better when he's on the court.

Great finisher, great roll man, shooting the three at 35%... and he is among the best of the best in charges drawn... he has taken 1.1 and 1.2 per 36 minutes the last two years. Thats twice the rate Kyle Lowry has... Basically I think if Kelly Olynyk and Ersan Illyasova had a love-child... it would be Mo Wagner. Also, I have a knack for finding underappreciated goofy looking white guys. Might be because I am one.

I think Juwan might be good enough and has shown maybe some improved shooting to be the 4/5 hybrid... this isn't a big need imo... but if we have budget cuts next year to keep Mike and Favs is traded... I'd be looking at Mo as a possible replacement.

Just did a quick On-Off court number scan... I fell into a quick rabbit hole again on Mo Wagner. I think he might be good enough as a 4/5 to be the stretch 5 and survive alongside Rudy or Favs if we need. Washington has been so much better when he's on the court.

Great finisher, great roll man, shooting the three at 35%... and he is among the best of the best in charges drawn... he has taken 1.1 and 1.2 per 36 minutes the last two years. Thats twice the rate Kyle Lowry has... Basically I think if Kelly Olynyk and Ersan Illyasova had a love-child... it would be Mo Wagner. Also, I have a knack for finding underappreciated goofy looking white guys. Might be because I am one.

I think Juwan might be good enough and has shown maybe some improved shooting to be the 4/5 hybrid... this isn't a big need imo... but if we have budget cuts next year to keep Mike and Favs is traded... I'd be looking at Mo as a possible replacement.
As a buyout this year or for next year? Also, Locke really liked him during the draft.

As a buyout this year or for next year? Also, Locke really liked him during the draft.
He won't get bought out but I could see them moving him as they can't pay him more than what his fourth year option was... since they declined the option. More likely a guy we could pick up cheap next year I guess... just one I will be keeping an eye on.

He has great +/- numbers (at least in the raw form), but that may be because the Spurs bench (along with Poeltl/Mills, esp.) has always had great numbers compared to Spurs starters.

Individually, his stats are nothing to particularly admire. As of now, his shooting percentages are average to low, though he's a decent rebounder. Higher than average usage. Everything else is middling. Can't speak how he's doing on defense this year.

(EDIT: beat to the punch by HH, I see)
The answer is shooting.

I really think the Jazz's biggest weakness is guarding elite SFs man-to-man because we just lack a strong, sufficiently athletic, sufficiently big wing to handle the Lebrons, Kawhis, Paul Georges, and with any luck, Durants of the league. So I think it behoove them to get a commensurate physical specimen in the bullpen and get them ready for when their number might be called.

OPJ would be a dream, even with his injury problems, but I think RHJ is a worthy bet. Maybe they should just groom Brantley for that role and see if they can get him to calm down and settle into playing the 3nD role.

Other than OPJ or RHJ, who else are of that mold that are on bum teams and could get bought out?

No way he’d let himself get bought out (I don’t think) or maybe it’s not even allowed but Harrison Barnes would be sweet.

No way he’d let himself get bought out (I don’t think) or maybe it’s not even allowed but Harrison Barnes would be sweet.
He has two more years after this year and about $40M left, so I don’t think a buyout is on the table.

Is PJ Tucker cooked?
Reputation is definitely better than the reality, but we’re talking 9th man and I’d gladly take him. He’s a candidate for buyout, but I assume he’ll get traded since his contract is small and someone would throw in a couple of seconds for him (at least).

He's cranky but he could help out against teams like the Lakers.

I'd be cranky too if I was from Prichard Alabama!
I am 100% on board with this and I hope DL and Zanik are calling him right now. Oh man, the Boogie redemption arc NEEDS to continue here.

I think a guy that could traded for is Moe Harkless (currently in Miami). He’d be a great defensive asset to guard the likes of PG/KL & LBJ/AD. He’s currently making 8mil.

I don’t think he gets bought out but what’s the situation with Torrey Craig? He’s on a one-year deal with Milwaukee for $1.6M and playing a career low in minutes of 11 and in only 16 games. I looked him up because I was thinking he played for Toronto, who is sucking, but I doubt Milwaukee would be interested in trading for nickels. But he’d be a good get. Would have been a good get this summer.

I don’t think he gets bought out but what’s the situation with Torrey Craig? He’s on a one-year deal with Milwaukee for $1.6M and playing a career low in minutes of 11 and in only 16 games. I looked him up because I was thinking he played for Toronto, who is sucking, but I doubt Milwaukee would be interested in trading for nickels. But he’d be a good get. Would have been a good get this summer.
Shaq Harrison and a 2nd?