Why doesn't infraction lead to decreased Rep power?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by ONE LOVE, Dec 28, 2012.

1. ONE LOVE

ONE LOVE #Baby_Talk Staff Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Shaking my head.

2. franklin

franklin Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    This kind of thing is the reason no one takes anyone serious anymore. Stop taking honest posters & pushing their contributions to the extreme.

3. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Banned

May 25, 2010
    What a sore little bitch. Who give a **** but you ya idiot?

Dr. Jones likes this.
  4. Jason

Jason Administrator Staff Member

May 25, 2010
    This may be the best comment in the thread. Now you are a vocal few so I'm wondering if the majority just doesn't care or think its fine. Sounds like a poll...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Gameface

Gameface All-Jazzfanz First Team! Contributor 2018 Award Winner

May 25, 2010
    I think it was the single scummiest thing I am aware of anyone using this site for. Rep was anonymous so you would go around neg repping people and signing other people's names to your negative comments. That's just sleazy. It shows us what your real character is. The kind of person you are when you don't think anyone is looking.

I think you were one of the main reasons rep became open because you were causing problems and you were doing it maliciously.

Your post above is typical of you. Personal attacks and insults.

6. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones In pursuit of #9 Contributor

Jun 23, 2010
    I think most think things are fine/don't really care. I've never been in the situation of being in a rep war, but I doubt someone gets irritated by losing rep as much as they hate it that someone else is getting some kind of weird enjoyment out of it. I suspect it's just wanting to choke them or something, but can't.

I really think all of this is no biggie.

7. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Banned

May 25, 2010
    Says the guy who insults. Grow up..get a life.. do something for the love of god.

8. Archie Moses

Archie Moses Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    OP - cry harder.

Saint Cy of JFC likes this.
  9. franklin

franklin Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Who's going to fess up to being rep Dale? That was an entertaining neg rep act.

Also, who was it that was signing my handle to neg reps? You created some problems with me and other posters that I didn't find out about for a year or more. Pretty entertaining stuff so you should fess up and take credit.

10. ONE LOVE

Aug 17, 2010
    LOL.. all the guys who are saying "we don't care about neg reps" have like rep power of +15 or more..

I guess I'm trying to raise this issue for those new posters who've just joined & it can really break their spirit sometimes getting neg rep -20 from a bully who had multiple infractions but still had their Rep Power intact.

But who cares about new posters anyway...

11. Dr. Jones

Jun 23, 2010
    I do care about new posters. Let's do this...

Tell me which poster has a rep power of 20+ and bullies new posters by neg-repping. Exactly .. I think this thread has run its course.

12. ONE LOVE

Aug 17, 2010
    Well as mentioned here by other posters as well, Cy used to do it to me and other posters here all the time.

But I've tried to stay clear of him and hadn't had a neg rep from him for a while (he's never pos rep me by the way).

I can't say whether or not he's doing it new posters though.. as you guys are now BFF may be you could ask him for me?

Also that's just 1 guy I had a run-in with, I have no idea who else is out there.

Saint Cy of JFC likes this.
  13. Dr. Jones

Jun 23, 2010
    I'm not being a jerk, just suggesting that Cy, as the only known example of the author of this thread, that hasn't had one by Cy in some time, maybe should have made things a bit more clear. I think it's all overblown.

14. ONE LOVE

Aug 17, 2010
    Dutch woud be another.

I'm not on here 24/7 and have slowed down my posting in recent years so that's all I know.

15. Dr. Jones

Jun 23, 2010

I had a few minutes to kill. Just thought I would clarify, precisely, the OP's position. This should clear things up, fine.
    Btw, I ain't hatin' .. just entertaining myself.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  16. Zulu

Zulu Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Damn BFFers!!!

17. ONE LOVE

Aug 17, 2010
    Nah.. I quit hating people earlier this year when I came to Christ.. he had really changed my heart and it's actually quite hard to really really HATE someone.. hard to explain that feeling, but hope you know what I mean. Most of the time I just feel sad when injustice is done to someone that's all.

If all this thread had done is bring this issue to the fore so that we can recognize the issue when it arises and report it to the Mods then I'm happy. I certainly have nothing to gain by starting this thread, it was just an idea I had from my experience, as I was once a new poster in this forum as well.

I just didn't want the same thing that happened to me to happen to new posters.

God bless.

18. Dr. Jones

Jun 23, 2010
    Good on ya!

19. Dr. Jones

Jun 23, 2010
    Well, it looks like you were effective and the mods have listened. Go check out Cy's new rep power.

20. Saint Cy of JFC

Saint Cy of JFC Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    NAOS is the only poster who I repeatedly neg repped for the sake of neg repping. (That I can remember, I may have done it to Dutch and Troutbum too though (which goes against your theory that top posters only go against new posters, we frequently **** with each other, probably more so than new posters.)

Hotnickkkkkkkk, I never intentionally singled you out for neg repping onslaught, you just brought it upon yourself because 50% of your post were laughably bad and ridiculous. I probably haven't negged you in a while because A.) You got less dumb or B.) I've stopped posting/reading as much as I use to on this site.

Hopefully it's more of option A, for your sake.