What's new

Why I will forever Hate Golden State

Jazz tanking would not have guaranteed them getting Lilliard and Barnes.
Jazz would have had GS #8 pick at best.
Lilliard and Barnes were both gone before that.
Jazz own pick in the top 7 was a long shot.
Then the GS pick would have slid to #9.

Jazz tanking would not have guaranteed them getting Lilliard and Barnes.
Jazz would have had GS #8 pick at best.
Lilliard and Barnes were both gone before that.
Jazz own pick in the top 7 was a long shot.
Then the GS pick would have slid to #9.

But instead we got demoralized so we could steadfastly pursue a rinse and repeat for the next season.

But Jazz would have gotten one lottery pick if they "tanked".
A 12 to 15 type pick.
So who might the Jazz have missed on if they did?
Doesn't seem to be a player in that range last year that Jazz wish they really had does it?

This is some real Turkish delight.

dsyuvnj3fbn9bf.jpg
If you're 65.

The ironic thing is, if the Jazz played Favors more and Al less, I still think we make the playoffs.

But Jazz would have gotten one lottery pick if they "tanked".
A 12 to 15 type pick.
So who might the Jazz have missed on if they did?
Doesn't seem to be a player in that range last year that Jazz wish they really had does it?

I'm not so much addressing tanking as I am giving other guys minutes. If we happened to lose a few more games, fine. We'd be compensated. If we losses a few more games (not saying we should have) then we would have retained our own draft pick and we would have likely could have kept the GSW pick pending the outcome of our game with them. In any case, I don't root for tanking or losing. I am, however, ok with making moves that may cost us games if it helps in the long-run (i.e. actually playing Kanter and Favors last year). We played the vets (which included Howard and Bell) to achieve that 'valuable' playoff experience. We'll do the same this year.

The ironic thing is, if the Jazz played Favors more and Al less, I still think we make the playoffs.

This.