What's new

Why is bumping an old thread an infractable offense?

emmk.

So we learned that Hack or anybody else can say they predicted a jazz-related event, but that you can't bump threads that demonstrate evidence against these accusations.

I wasn't swinging wildly. They were targeted and timely bumps, all related to a discussion that had been happening earlier that day. Then he necro-bumps one of his own old threads trying to prove that he did predict exactly what was talked about (only to show that he'd just copy-and-pasted something from other sites), thereby making my bumps even more topical.

And then he says sexually inappropriate stuff throughout.

I get you, though, brough. Solid leadership. Making JFC Great Again.

Are you really that defensive and easily offended by someone saying they predicted something, that it becomes an accusation against you?

How ****ing crazy are you?

Did Hack and NAOS really get banned for bumping threads? Seems kind of ****ed up. That has never been on a rule on the site.

Yeah. This seems like an overreaction by the modstappo. It was annoying that last night there was a bunch of threads that I didn't give 2 ****s about muddying up the site but this thread wasn't hurting anything(it's less than 2 pages). I think the mods need to have thicker skin sometimes. Y'all should be comfortable with criticism. It's quite clear that you're not.

Did Hack and NAOS really get banned for bumping threads? Seems kind of ****ed up. That has never been on a rule on the site.

Yeah. This seems like an overreaction by the modstappo. It was annoying that last night there was a bunch of threads that I didn't give 2 ****s about muddying up the site but this thread wasn't hurting anything(it's less than 2 pages). I think the mods need to have thicker skin sometimes. Y'all should be comfortable with criticism. It's quite clear that you're not.

They got 3 infractions and got banned. Had nothing to do with this thread.

They got 3 infractions and got banned. Had nothing to do with this thread.

They both must have gotten one today right? Considering that they were posting today. What did that get infracterized for this afternoon? Did they get a fractification for this thread? I didn't notice anything that seemed infractable.

PS I hope this post wasn't borderline infractish

They both must have gotten one today right? Considering that they were posting today. What did that get infracterized for this afternoon? Did they get a fractification for this thread? I didn't notice anything that seemed infractable.

I won't get into details but it was nothing from this thread. I also see nothing in here that is infractable. Yes they both hit the magic number today.

Edit: Yes they timing looks suspicious and I can see how it looks that way. Which is why I am here to say it wasn't this thread.

I won't get into details but it was nothing from this thread. I also see nothing in here that is infractable. Yes they both hit the magic number today.

Edit: Yes they timing looks suspicious and I can see how it looks that way. Which is why I am here to say it wasn't this thread.

I don't know why you have to act like such an infracterator about it, geesh.

Think harder about what I have been saying and what you are saying. You are totally not getting it.

Pot calling the kettle black.

If you infract the person defending themselves, then what you are discouraging is someone defending themselves, not the conflict initiator.

We cannot possibly decide who is the "initiater" and who is the "defender" in every conflict. In fact, it's completely impossible to do so in the vast majority of the conflicts that occur here at jazzfanz because of their escalating nature.

If someone continually initiates the conflict, then they have NOT been discouraged to continue what they do.

If they get warned/infracted, then YES THEY HAVE. And eventually the discouragement results in a ban.

You are still making the mistake of going after the person defending themselves, who would not have to be defending themselves, had they not had to defend themselves.

You're still making the mistake of thinking that we care about who is defending/who is attacking, when in actuality both are doing both (the vast majority of times). Therefore we tend to judge posts on a case-by-case basis, or sometimes a batch of related posts at once.

Good hell, why do so many people lack logic?

Pot calling the kettle black.

https://jazzfanz.com/faq.php
Trolling: Deliberate attempts to disrupt the usability of the boards will be considered trolling. These include (but are not limited to) comments made solely to provoke reactions, bizarre formatting of posts, extremely large images, many new threads started right after each other...

To be more specific, I think they were each at 1 infraction. Then they each got one for spamming the board with their necro-bumps. Then they each got one more for inappropriate/abusive language due to posts in other places (i.e. nothing related to this thread). That put them each at 3 infractions, which resulted in a temporary ban for each.

To be more specific, I think they were each at 1 infraction. Then they each got one for spamming the board with their necro-bumps. Then they each got one more for inappropriate/abusive language due to posts in other places (i.e. nothing related to this thread). That put them each at 3 infractions, which resulted in a temporary ban for each.

No fracting way! That's unfractingbelievable.

dead-horse.gif

I have no problem saying I voted for a fract for all the necro bumping. It was irritating beyond belief, and I'm not the only one who felt that way.

They both needed a break anyway. Their back and forths were getting well beyond the line. I'm sure they'll be back in a week to whine about it though.

I have no problem saying I voted for a fract for all the necro bumping. It was irritating beyond belief, and I'm not the only one who felt that way.

They both needed a break anyway. Their back and forths were getting well beyond the line. I'm sure they'll be back in a week to whine about it though.

I also voted for the infractions. They have been going at it for weeks now and enough is enough.