What's new

Will Burks and Kanter get contract extensions?

Who will accept a contract extension?

• Kanter will

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Burks will

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Both will

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Neither will

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters
I think the Jazz will make an offer of about 4/33 to Burks and 4/40 to Kanter. Neither will accept the offer hoping to get more next year, like Hayward this year.

I like Hayward, but I'm almost hoping he doesn't comeback so that Burks can have his starting spot and show his true form!

Kwame got $8 million for a year so why not $9mm for Kanter right? Once that's done, let's franchise tag Burks at 8/40, then go scrape some resin from the chimney stack to celebrate the two most ****ed up decisions of all time.

And continue to be a sub-30-win team?

Do you think playing hayward at the 2 and someone like jefferson or marv at the three will have us being better than a 30 win team?

I say if we dont have a significant upgrade at the wing position (which is likely to happen) i would love to roll with a lineup with burks and hayward to achieve our sub 30 win season rather that keep burks on the bench another year in favor of some run of the mill vet just for ****s and giggles

Do you think playing hayward at the 2 and someone like jefferson or marv at the three will have us being better than a 30 win team?

I say if we dont have a significant upgrade at the wing position (which is likely to happen) i would love to roll with a lineup with burks and hayward to achieve our sub 30 win season rather that keep burks on the bench another year in favor of some run of the mill vet just for ****s and giggles

Starting Gordo-Alec at the 2-3 is not a longterm solution if you want a winning team. They don't give nearly enough defense to make up for their mediocre offense. You can keep both longterm only if one of them is coming off the bench. If the FO/coaching staff isn't sold on one of them being groomed into a 6th man, they should move one or both of them. If they're not sure yet, they should play one as a 6th man to see if he can stick in that role, and then decide whether to move one or both of them (or extend Alec).

Starting Gordo-Alec at the 2-3 is not a longterm solution if you want a winning team. They don't give nearly enough defense to make up for their mediocre offense. You can keep both longterm only if one of them is coming off the bench. If the FO/coaching staff isn't sold on one of them being groomed into a 6th man, they should move one or both of them. If they're not sure yet, they should play one as a 6th man to see if he can stick in that role, and then decide whether to move one or both of them (or extend Alec).

Good answer...
I would counter by saying that they are extremely young and i believe that they are not finished products (especially alec).
Maybe more experience and better coaching makes them less of liabilities on defense.

I mean who has actually been a good defender in corbins defense over the last 3.5 years? Favors kind of and thats about it.

Tony allen might be horrible on defense under corbin

They're overmatched physically. That's not Corbin's fault.

If the Jazz have plans to go with Gordo-Alec starting on the wing moving forward, there's no point following the Jazz.

Good answer...
I would counter by saying that they are extremely young and i believe that they are not finished products (especially alec).
Maybe more experience and better coaching makes them less of liabilities on defense.

I mean who has actually been a good defender in corbins defense over the last 3.5 years? Favors kind of and thats about it.

Tony allen might be horrible on defense under corbin

Given Alec burst, lateral quickness, length, and size for his position you would expect him to be a better defender.

Given Alec burst, lateral quickness, length, and size for his position you would expect him to be a better defender.

Yup.
He was corbined

They're overmatched physically. That's not Corbin's fault.

If the Jazz have plans to go with Gordo-Alec starting on the wing moving forward, there's no point following the Jazz.

Bradley beal and ariza are not alot different than burks and hayward as far as size and athleticism imo and thier team had a nice playoff run iirc.

In fact i consider burks to have more physical tools (wingspan, reach, quickness, vertical) than beal.