What's new

Will trader Danny trade up?

Will trader Danny trade up?

• Yes: Scoot/Miller (Please specify)

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Yes: Amen, Ausar, Cam Whitmore, Jarace Walker (Please specify)

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Yes: Other (Please specify)

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • No

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters
I've had them below Walker and Whitmore all year, but I might have Amen up there. I think Amen is special athletically, but I also have no faith in his jumper. I think you can be really good even without a jumper, but it's a serious limitation.
If he’s Rose, Westbrook, Ja type athlete I don’t think you worry too much about the shot unless he’s just afraid to shoot like Simmons.
I think we will trade at least one pick for a veteran.
I’d rather trade out of the last pick for a 24 pick than trade a pick for a vet.

Question about Amen’s shooting. Is he closer to Rose when he was drafted or is he closer to Ben Simmons? As far as shooting goes? How good or bad a shooter is he?
No one is on Ben’s level… he wouldn’t even take em. Not sure Rose is a comp on the shooting side.

There going to be at least one team who has someone else besides Amen as the second best PG.
Neither brother can shoot. Are there comparable wings like them who have the lack of range in the nba right now? I find their inability to shoot a little concerning. I’d be nervous if we traded up to pick up one of these twins.

Neither brother can shoot. Are there comparable wings like them who have the lack of range in the nba right now? I find their inability to shoot a little concerning. I’d be nervous if we traded up to pick up one of these twins.
You should be nervous. There are no guarantees here.

Ausar shoots better than Scoot but people don’t seem to have that same concern for him and he’s 4” shorter than either twin.

But a lot of guys have come in out of college etc and not shot great and became league Ave shooters. You’re taking a skill set and projecting.

And all in all, college, OTE, G League are all super small sample sizes In retrospect.

If Thompson isn’t Ben Simmons with his shot, you draft him 4th regardless of his shot if he’s a Ja, Westbrook level athlete that can get to the rim at will for a quality shot. I’d even entertain that level of player at three and I’m super high on Miller
Yeah, I get why people are a bit on the fence with him, but hes probably a no brainier at 4 unless you are a team with compete now aspirations (so like if the Mavs jumped up, maybe the Blazers). He does things athletically I've never really seen before. If he misses it's whatever.

My board
1. Wemby
2. Scoot
3. Miller
4. WHITMORE
5. Thompson
6. Thompson
7. Hendricks
8. Wallace
9. Dick
10. Walker
11. Black
12. George (I can see him popping)
13. GG
14. Hawkins
15. Whitehead?
Wow you got GG way up there. I like him too.
Where do most have George?

Wow you got GG way up there. I like him too.
Where do most have George?
Right before him.

They are both obviously skilled scorers. I get the warts on both, but I would have a tough time rolling dice on players I actually maybe like more but haven’t shown the same upside scoring the ball.

The strength of my conviction disappears after the group of 11.

Question about Amen’s shooting. Is he closer to Rose when he was drafted or is he closer to Ben Simmons? As far as shooting goes? How good or bad a shooter is he?

Rose was a good mid range shooter the day he entered the league. Amen is really bad from the mid range. There’s a chance teams completely ignore him outside of 15 feet. I’d say he’s closer to being a complete non threat like Ben Simmons than being one of the better mid range pull-up guys in the league like Rose.

What’s also somewhat worrying is that his finishing isn’t super amazing outside transition dunks. Finishing numbers in the half court we’re kinda suspect in OTE.

He’s a very impressive athlete and a good passer…but I don’t think he’s the elite finisher like Zion or the elite passer Ben Simmons is/was. You have to be really special to make it work with that level of shooting….and he might be.

I’m a little shook on the Thompsons as I have embarrassingly just learned that they’re 20 and been playing in a junk league (I thought Overtime Elite was a team in the G-League like Ignite).

Rose was a good mid range shooter the day he entered the league. Amen is really bad from the mid range. There’s a chance teams completely ignore him outside of 15 feet. I’d say he’s closer to being a complete non threat like Ben Simmons than being one of the better mid range pull-up guys in the league like Rose.
This doesn’t worry me. Mid range is the worst shot in the game and very easy to improve on
What’s also somewhat worrying is that his finishing isn’t super amazing outside transition dunks. Finishing numbers in the half court we’re kinda suspect in OTE.
It’s actually easier to finish in the nba lack of elite bigs inside and the pro game is much more of an open game again easy to improve on. Most important thing is he has the tools to be a star

This doesn’t worry me. Mid range is the worst shot in the game and very easy to improve on

It’s actually easier to finish in the nba lack of elite bigs inside and the pro game is much more of an open game again easy to improve on. Most important thing is he has the tools to be a star

I don't think a mid range shot is easy to improve on, and not having a mid range shot does not provide a good outlook on ever having a 3 ball.

I get that the NBA has spacing, it is not easier to score inside the paint in the NBA than it is against kids.