What's new

Will trader Danny trade up?

Will trader Danny trade up?

• Yes: Scoot/Miller (Please specify)

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Yes: Amen, Ausar, Cam Whitmore, Jarace Walker (Please specify)

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Yes: Other (Please specify)

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • No

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters
I think Cam Whitmore deserves more discussion because he's definitely the guy that fits the Ainge mold the most. As I've spent more time on him, the more I've become convinced. Some of my notes:

- Extra young freshman and will not be 19 on draft day. More than 1.5 years younger than Brandon Miller
- His numbers are a little nerfed because Villanova plays at one of the slowest paces in the nation (327th). I feel like he would look much better in fast pace system.
- Shot 66% at the rim with only 36% of those baskets assisted. Some of the best marks in this draft class
- Does not shoot many mid range shots, doesn't make many either
- 33% from 3 and 71% from FT line is not very impressive, however only 54% of his 3's were assisted. One of the lowest if not the lowest marks in this class.
- Only 22% FTr, doesn't have a knack for drawing fouls despite extreme physicality
- Negative AST/TO ratio
- Does not look 6'7, but built like a tank
- Explosive leaper off of both one and two feet
- Great speed and acceleration in a straight line, but not exceptionally agile. Relies on bully ball and straight line drives. Handle is better than his agility
- Jump shot form is good, slowish release
- Good stocks, active defender
- Generally seems to play hard on defense

I like him. It's not a great comparison, but the speed/power combo with the shooting kinda reminds me of Anthony Edwards. He's a mix between Ant and Miles Bridges...but that also includes some of the poor on court qualities of both. I think his athleticism and speed will translate making him a dominant slasher in the NBA....shot is somewhat of a question mark but I believe in it. Defensively I think he has versatility and is a playmaker, but better off guarding guys bigger than rather than smaller than him. His passing/feel for the game are the swing skills that will either limit him or make him an all star level player. I would trade #9 and the Minnesota pick to get him.
I’d use 9 and future picks to move up… we really need a couple hits this draft.

His shot is so ****ing beautiful too.
First clip I saw of him reggie miller popped into my head immediately. Gets his shot of really fast and can be moving full speed coming off a screen and catch and shoot on a dime in a such a fluid motion.
Then as I watched the clip he appeared to have some ability to get to the paint and finish a bit and I started to vaguely be able to see steph. I think he is more Reggie (just a catch and shoot sniper for the most part) than steph but there could be something more to him

My board
1. Wemby
2. Scoot
3. Miller
4. WHITMORE
5. Thompson
6. Thompson
7. Hendricks
8. Wallace
9. Dick
10. Walker
11. Black
12. George (I can see him popping)
13. GG
14. Hawkins
15. Whitehead?

I guess it all depends on where the Jazz land after the draft lottery. But yes, even so I still think the Jazz will try to draft up by dangling the other remaining 1st rd picks if they're in striking distance of the Victor sweepstakes. Will they offer Kessler as well, if they try to move up?

I guess it all depends on where the Jazz land after the draft lottery. But yes, even so I still think the Jazz will try to draft up by dangling the other remaining 1st rd picks if they're in striking distance of the Victor sweepstakes. Will they offer Kessler as well, if they try to move up?
No one will trade #1 pick away.

Hawkins looks all of 6’6” and looks fairly long. I’ll bet he starts getting looks around pick 10…
I'd be surprised if he's anything over 6'5 (in shoes).

My guess is 6'4'5 w/ a 6'9 wingspan.

I think he's going to put up a near 40 inch vert though that will help boost his stock

You have pinpointed the types he seems to love at the top of the draft. Big, athletic, versatile wing who can handle the ball, but also can defend. There are quite a few of those in this draft. Which actually might make him NOT want to give up a pick in order to get one. But if he likes a specific one IMO it would be Brandon Miller, Cam Whitmore , maybe one of the twins, but neither of them can shoot? I don't think Scoot would be the type he loves, but who knows...

You have pinpointed the types he seems to love at the top of the draft. Big, athletic, versatile wing who can handle the ball, but also can defend. There are quite a few of those in this draft. Which actually might make him NOT want to give up a pick in order to get one. But if he likes a specific one IMO it would be Brandon Miller, Cam Whitmore , maybe one of the twins, but neither of them can shoot? I don't think Scoot would be the type he loves, but who knows...
Agreed. To be honest, I'm a bit leary of athletic players that don't have much beyond just a slash-n-dash. Unless Utah lucks out, we're not getting into the top 3. Miller would be lethal on the Jazz.

Why would you trade Kessler for a skinny kid who will get pummeled in the nba and be injury prone anyone ring bell Shawn Bradley and Chet he will be a bust

I'd be surprised if he's anything over 6'5 (in shoes).

My guess is 6'4'5 w/ a 6'9 wingspan.

I think he's going to put up a near 40 inch vert though that will help boost his stock
Maybe it’s because he’s thin but he looks taller than that. +4 or 5 wingspan seems right.

Maybe it’s because he’s thin but he looks taller than that. +4 or 5 wingspan seems right.
It just looks like a really good athletic frame that can add some strength. He moves well too. If he can add some off the dribble stuff at the next level he could really pop. I’m a fan.

Ehh. I'm pretty married to trying to get two of Hendricks/Wallace/Dick/Black (in that order) and that Wolves pick might be enough on its own. I'm also just not that high on DFS; he's yet to prove he's a legit rotational NBA player when he's not in Luka's sidecar, IMO.
Yep, I don't understand the love affair that some have with DFS. We are talking about a guy that is about to turn 30 and having the worst season of his career. I will gladly take him for free but I'm not giving up the sixer pick for him with the type of talent that will be available with that pick.

Last edited:
Yep, I don't understand the love affair that some have with DFS. We are talking about a guy that is about to turn 30 and having the worst season of his career. I will gladly take him for free but I'm not giving up the sixer pick for him with the type of talent that will be available with that pick.
Oh, wow, I think that's taking things too far. I would definitely trade the Sixers pick for DFS. It was less than a year ago that we lost a playoff series because Donovan couldn't score efficiently against DFS.

For me, him having a down year, is just a bonus to help us get him cheaper. I could be wrong though and maybe he is really on the decline.

Probably because the tournament was mostly teams who started 3 6'3 and under guards so he looks tall on screen
And that may have been it but he looked bigger than that moving around the other guys too. I will say he comes in at a flat 6-5 or slightly higher in shoes.

Question about Amen’s shooting. Is he closer to Rose when he was drafted or is he closer to Ben Simmons? As far as shooting goes? How good or bad a shooter is he?