What's new

Will trump's Presidency End January 20th, 2021?

Will Trump no longer be the President of the United States of America on January 20th, 2021?

• Biden Will Be The President of the United States of America.

• Trump Will Be The President of the United States of America.

• It will be in legal dispute as to who the President is.

• There will be violent fighting over who the President is.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
Will Trump no longer be the President of the United States of America on January 20th, 2021?

Biden will be president. What exactly has happened to make anyone think Trump will retain it outside of loudly proclaiming he won it?

He’s a fool and anyone who supports that he won it is a fool.

Biden will be president. What exactly has happened to make anyone think Trump will retain it outside of loudly proclaiming he won it?

He’s a fool and anyone who supports that he won it is a fool.
This. He'll make a lot of noise, and we might just see the very first president forcibly evicted from the white house, but we will have a largely peaceful transition of power.

This. He'll make a lot of noise, and we might just see the very first president forcibly evicted from the white house, but we will have a largely peaceful transition of power.

It sounds like he is already winding down. I think he concedes before the end of the month.

It sounds like he is already winding down. I think he concedes before the end of the month.
I wouldn't be surprised if the noise dies down to a bare murmur, but I highly doubt we will ever hear a concession. He has quadrupled down on the rigged election thing, so much so that he would not be able to stomach ever making any comment that even hints that he lost. I think the minor slip he had recently is the best we'll see in terms of a concession.

There wasn't a single Republican member of Congress, Senator or House member, on any of the Sunday morning news shows despite blanket requests from the media. Normally they'd be ecstatic to get that kind of press. Everyone is afraid of Trump's sway with Republican voters. Meanwhile Rudy is out there spreading insane conspiracy theories and Faux News and other right-wing media are goose-stepping in line with him. Somehow we need to reach the 15% or so of voters who are not on the edge of the right wing about to fall off and bring them back into the plane.

I don't think he'll concede. He'll run this out until the bitter end. He's just that insane. Luckily the incoming administration has a ton of experienced people who will be able to get the ball rolling quickly come Jan. 20. In the meantime we'll be on Trump watch waiting for him to depart the White House to Mar-a-Lago. I can't imagine him going back to NYC.

I think both the first and fourth options might happen at the same time, but the first is the one I'm relatively certain about.

Reactions: Red
I have no doubt that Biden will be the 46th president. At the same time, this past weekend the founder of the Oath Keepers, the largest right wing militia group, numbering in the tens of thousands, stated his group would not recognize Biden as president. I think what we need to see is how Trump is going to behave. I think we should fully expect him to always claim the election was rigged, and his second term was stolen. That being the case, we should expect to see continued clashes between Trump and Biden supporters. After the fact. Biden as president, but no BLM protests will go unchallenged by right wing militia, and no pro-Trump demonstration will go unchallenged by self identified anti-fascists.
For these reasons, I think option 4 will be with us well into Biden’s term. Depends on how disruptive Trump chooses to be, I think...

Between now and December 14th I think we'll continue to see the constant barrage of BS lawsuits and baseless voter fraud claims.

Trump's last gasp is to try to sew enough doubt about the election results to try to create a block of faithless electors to flip the vote back to him when the electors meet on 12/14 - once that fails I think Trump will go down to Mar-a-Lago and pout in-between rage tweets.

He'll probably never go back to the White House again. Some people have speculated that he might even resign so Pence could pardon him. I doubt that happens though.

Of course he'll never concede nor will he attend the inauguration - my guess is he'll hold a rally that day or pull some type of attention whore stunt.

I do think Trump will have to face reality sooner or later, but I honestly thought it would be a bit sooner than this.

It's gonna end without that $1,000,000,000,000 infrastructure improvement he conned. Pretty much a complete lie...

This is a interesting in-depth article about it:

"Donald Trump campaigned on a $1 trillion infrastructure plan. “We are going to fix our inner cities and rebuild our highways, bridges, tunnels, airports, schools, hospitals,” he said in his 2016 election night victory speech. “And we will put millions of our people to work as we rebuild it.”

But the subject “just never seemed to be the priority it was indicated it would be,” Adler said. The Trump administration’s record on infrastructure is marked instead by over-hype and under-delivery. The $1 trillion (later $1.5 trillion) package boiled down to a series of White House budget sketches, proposing to use $200 billion as an incentive for private investors, states and localities to put up the remaining $800 billion..."

"However, U.S. road conditions are generally worse in densely populated areas, due to heavier traffic patterns. Some viewed the withholding of these funds as an implicit form of the anti-urban politics that became more explicit during the racial justice protests of summer 2020. In October, USDOT said that it would use a Trump administration memo that cited New York City, Seattle and Portland as “anarchist jurisdictions” to decide how to allocate $10 million in coronavirus transit grants.

Those particular cities happen to be regarded as national leaders in car-free urban infrastructure, says Tamika Butler, a transportation consultant who specializes in racial justice and social equity. “The same cities that have drawn the ire of the feds are the ones that historically have been some of the most progressive and thoughtful in their transportation systems,” she said. “We can’t underestimate how the ego-driven, politically driven actions that relate to things like funding impacted cities that were ahead of the game.”

He'll probably never go back to the White House again. Some people have speculated that he might even resign so Pence could pardon him. I doubt that happens though.

Of course he'll never concede nor will he attend the inauguration - my guess is he'll hold a rally that day or pull some type of attention whore stunt.
The thing I find amazing here is that Trump may not be at the White House to welcome Biden and formally turn everything over to him.
Mind boggling that someone's ego and hubris could be that way in today's day and age.
Unbelievable, really.

There may be a small violent act here and there, but there will be isolated incidents of individuals who are borderline psychotic doing things. I don't think you'll see anything even closely resembling an organized "uprising".

I do think Trump will have to face reality sooner or later, but I honestly thought it would be a bit sooner than this.
It doesn’t help when you have “Patriots” like this in Congress so afraid of pissing off the base and being primaried out of existence:

I would’ve thought that Trump would’ve gone away, or at least his influence would’ve gone away now that he lost. But I’m beginning to wonder if Fox News actually is the party and as long as they keep pumping him that it’ll keep the politicians in line. And if that’s the case then who the hell knows when Trump and Trumpism will go away? I wish Murdoch would understand that he’s killing the Golden goose. Yes, he won the propaganda wars. He’s shown that his media empire is effective. But if he keeps feeding it, democracy across the west will collapse. How would that be profitable for Fox News? Hell, we’re already seeing it with avid fox newsers moving to OANN. We’re seeing it with our own democracy and world being far less secure and prosperous now than 4 years ago.

Touched on in the previous article, but interesting that Trump's ignorance has led to stronger ties between cities:

"Take, for example, the way that city halls were brought directly into the increasingly tense U.S.-China relationship in October 2019, when, as a reciprocal act to Chinese policy shifts, the Trump Administration altered the regulations for contact between Chinese diplomatic officials and U.S. city governments. The new policy required Chinese officials to inform the State Department in advance of any meetings with local government officials, fundamentally altering relationships that local officials, particularly those charged with commercial development, had spent years if not decades building. While a State Department letter to the U.S. Conference of Mayors said that the new policy did not require local officials in the U.S. to seek federal approval before meeting with Chinese diplomats, there was confusion at the local level with regards to the new regulations. Do Whatsapp conversations or emails constitute meetings? What about formal gatherings at Chinese consulates? Are city officials responsible for checking that meetings have been cleared?

In an era of tumultuous geopolitics, there will be more such policy shifts in the future, and cities can be better informed and supported with regards to meeting the coming changes. Geopolitics have returned to city hall to be sure — and they will continue to do so."

Over four chaotic years, the current administration undermined ongoing international climate negotiations, ignored the U.S. commitment to the United Nations 2030 Agenda of Sustainable Development, and cast doubt on long-standing alliances, such as NATO. It’s no wonder that the U.S. image — as an asset and a component of so-called soft power — is at a nadir.

"But President Donald Trump did not succeed entirely in destroying the U.S. commitment to the Paris Agreement: In 2017, more than 300 U.S. cities pledged to uphold the climate pact at the local level. Similarly, many cities have been engaging in a variety of efforts that have helped to preserve, or to build anew, transnational relationships that the White House seemed determined to shred. While the administration attacked the United Nations at nearly every turn, New York City has driven the voluntary local review movement for the Sustainable Development Goals. And the City of Los Angeles built new and stronger relationships with Mexico, the U.S.’s second-largest trading partner, even as that White House vilified the country and its people. So-called “anarchist jurisdictions” turn out to be capable of making coherent, mature foreign policy. "

The thing I find amazing here is that Trump may not be at the White House to welcome Biden and formally turn everything over to him.
Mind boggling that someone's ego and hubris could be that way in today's day and age.
Unbelievable, really.

There may be a small violent act here and there, but there will be isolated incidents of individuals who are borderline psychotic doing things. I don't think you'll see anything even closely resembling an organized "uprising".

Remember when he forcibly shoved the President of that Eastern European country aside?