What's new

Will We Make A Trade Before the Deadline?

Will We Make A Trade Before the Deadline?

• Yes, and it will involve Conley

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Yes, but it won't involve Conley

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • No, we will stand pat

Votes: 38 67.9%

• Total voters
3 out of the last 4 years the Jazz have done a trade at the deadline. So, I'd say there is at least a 75% chance we do something.

If Jazz are serious about making a run this year, they better be cooking up something good. Or else, just another 2nd rd elimination.

It'd be a huge waste if we keep Ed till the remainder of this season.
That's where I am too. He just doesn't fit. In many ways, Mudiay doesn't either.

Mudiay and Davis combine for a good amount of frontcourt and backcourt depth for a trade partner. And we could bring back close to $10 million in return.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Davis, Mudiay and NWG for either Meyers Leonard or Kelly Olynyk?

Miami escapes the luxury. We get a center who shoots 35%+ from 3.

We can't get a 1st from Miami (unless it's 2027 or something), but maybe we could build in pick swaps we could use in 2020, 2022 and 2024 should we have a better record.

Davis, Mudiay and NWG for either Meyers Leonard or Kelly Olynyk?

Miami escapes the luxury. We get a center who shoots 35%+ from 3.

We can't get a 1st from Miami (unless it's 2027 or something), but maybe we could build in pick swaps we could use in 2020, 2022 and 2024 should we have a better record.

Leonard shoots 43% from three. Been mentioning either of these deals for a while, though with Tony Bradley instead of Mudiay/NWG.

That's where I am too. He just doesn't fit. In many ways, Mudiay doesn't either.

Mudiay and Davis combine for a good amount of frontcourt and backcourt depth for a trade partner. And we could bring back close to $10 million in return.

Mudiay fits very well; it's Mike who is not a good fit.

Leonard shoots 43% from three. Been mentioning either of these deals for a while, though with Tony Bradley instead of Mudiay/NWG.
To make the salaries work, it has to be Davis and two of these (Bradley, NWG, and Mudiay). Since expiring Mudiay is surplus to requirements with Conley and MWG is worthless, I voted to keep Bradley.

Bradley isn't anything special, I can think of numerous others that can do what he does and even better. He isn't that valuable to hang on to, if the right move comes along we should include him in the deal.

To make the salaries work, it has to be Davis and two of these (Bradley, NWG, and Mudiay). Since expiring Mudiay is surplus to requirements with Conley and MWG is worthless, I voted to keep Bradley.

You can do Davis and Bradley for Leonard, but you have to add more salary for Olynyk.

You can do Davis and Bradley for Leonard, but you have to add more salary for Olynyk.
True.

Honestly, I would do...

Conley and Davis
for
Winslow, Johnson and Olynyk

Miami gets out of the luxury and we add 3 contributors. We spend a bit more this year and next, but I think Winslow fits us more long term. This won't happen for many reasons, but I like it for both teams.

It would be nice to have a true stretch big... I feel like we are a team that is like a one pitch pitcher... fastball, fastball, fastball... maybe having a really average changeup would help. Or maybe a switchy center like Vonleh. I think our defensive scheme puts too much pressure on non-Rudy centers... even Favs had struggles protecting the rim one year.

It does feel like there is a solid low cost upgrade we could do, but the front office might view it as re-arranging the deck chairs on the titanic (things aren't that bad but I don't know any other way to describe it).

Remember last year when Massai swapped solid center Jonas for better playoff option Marc with some minimal assets... even though they had Serge too... he also tried some other things that didn't work, but we don't remember those as much... just feels like you have to upgrade how and what you can if you want to be a contender.

It would be nice to have a true stretch big... I feel like we are a team that is like a one pitch pitcher... fastball, fastball, fastball... maybe having a really average changeup would help. Or maybe a switchy center like Vonleh. I think our defensive scheme puts too much pressure on non-Rudy centers... even Favs had struggles protecting the rim one year.

It does feel like there is a solid low cost upgrade we could do, but the front office might view it as re-arranging the deck chairs on the titanic (things aren't that bad but I don't know any other way to describe it).

Remember last year when Massai swapped solid center Jonas for better playoff option Marc with some minimal assets... even though they had Serge too... he also tried some other things that didn't work, but we don't remember those as much... just feels like you have to upgrade how and what you can if you want to be a contender.
I'd even run Leonard at the 5 and Ekpe at the 4.

True.

Honestly, I would do...

Conley and Davis
for
Winslow, Johnson and Olynyk

Miami gets out of the luxury and we add 3 contributors. We spend a bit more this year and next, but I think Winslow fits us more long term. This won't happen for many reasons, but I like it for both teams.

The fear is that Winslow needs back surgery and may be out for the year... he's had other issues too... If Miami was selling him I would not be buying... they have more info than we do.

Johnson and Olynyk would be fun... I think Conley will be better (he's showed some good signs of life) and I think his trade value is higher than we think it might be.

Miami is trying to round a highly coimpetitive team this season. They won't be taking any of the guys the Jazz have to offer.
That said, Meyer Leonard would be near perfect for this Jazz team. It won't happen unless it's done thru a multi team deal.

Miami is trying to round a highly coimpetitive team this season. They won't be taking any of the guys the Jazz have to offer.
That said, Meyer Leonard would be near perfect for this Jazz team. It won't happen unless it's done thru a multi team deal.

You are probably right on all accounts, but there is one thing that is absolutely certain - if Miami could find a way to get out of the luxury, they would love to. I wonder how much that impacts their decision to shed a guy like Olynyk or Leonard.