What's new

Will We Make A Trade Before the Deadline?

Will We Make A Trade Before the Deadline?

• Yes, and it will involve Conley

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Yes, but it won't involve Conley

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • No, we will stand pat

Votes: 38 67.9%

• Total voters
The problem is we already shot our shot with the moves we made in the offseason and the Clarkson trade in December. We just don't have any assets at the moment. Like what do we really have to trade? What's Ed or Mudiay and a second round pick going to get you? We can possibly get a slight upgrade at backup center but that's not going to move the needle much, backup center play isn't the reason we've lost the last 5 games. We have enough talent on this roster that we should be playing much better than we are. We just need to figure things out and give a better effort.

I kind of get this but Philly landed AB and GR3 with 3 crappy seconds... not even their good seconds... we have that level of assets.

I kind of get this but Philly landed AB and GR3 with 3 crappy seconds... not even their good seconds... we have that level of assets.
Bro, their seconds were different. Not the same at all nobody is interested in our seconds.

/spin

Bro, their seconds were different. Not the same at all nobody is interested in our seconds.

/spin
I know you are joking but it was like Denver, GS, Dallas future seconds... but **** I guess if they didn’t call us and ask us for that deal then there is nothing we can do... phones only work one way.

We’ve looked depleted and disinterested the last two weeks. We need to make a move but I’m unsure if we have the assets to do anything.

I still come back to - A three team deal with the Hornets and Knicks makes sense. Something around....

Knicks get Rozier and draft considerations from Charlotte
Hornets get Randle and Conley
Jazz get Portis and Ntilikina

Knicks and Hornets already talked Randle for Rozier. We had interest in Portis in the off-season. Frank fits our huge need for perimeter defense.

It's not perfect, but it checks a lot of boxes for all 3 teams.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

We’ve looked depleted and disinterested the last two weeks. We need to make a move but I’m unsure if we have the assets to do anything.
Miami is getting Gallo and AI and they are hard capped with no picks... we have seconds... we can do something... so sick of “we don’t have anything excuse” we have the seconds to make a minor deal and we need to make one.

The problem is we already shot our shot with the moves we made in the offseason and the Clarkson trade in December. We just don't have any assets at the moment. Like what do we really have to trade? What's Ed or Mudiay and a second round pick going to get you? We can possibly get a slight upgrade at backup center but that's not going to move the needle much, backup center play isn't the reason we've lost the last 5 games. We have enough talent on this roster that we should be playing much better than we are. We just need to figure things out and give a better effort.
Not only that. We waited too long to make our move now there isn't a whole lot of time left on the clock and lot of the guys we were probably looking at are gone. Kinda the recipe for desperation overpay and disaster

Ummmm u guys make it sound like the jazz haven’t done anything? U idiots do recall Exum for Clarkson right?
Kewl story... we’ve lost 5 straight and have a ****** record against good teams and it’s clear our biggest addition this offseason isn’t a good fit basketballwise... more action is needed.

Mike can also be traded... Knicks overpaid one year deal guys might help... might be able to sneak into the Clips/NY deal for Morris and snake a pick. Mike is playing better we just don’t desperately need what he brings and we are too small on the perimeter...

Mike can also be traded... Knicks overpaid one year deal guys might help... might be able to sneak into the Clips/NY deal for Morris and snake a pick. Mike is playing better we just don’t desperately need what he brings and we are too small on the perimeter...
I’d only move him for OPJ. And Nunn.

Mitchell
Ingles
Bojan
OPJ
Gobert

Dunn
Clarkson
Mudiay
Royce
Udoh

I would not touch OPJ. The guy is vastly overpaid and has an injury record that is comparable to exum. We don't wanna end up becoming the team that makes the news for breaking Parsons record of highest salary paid per game on OPJ.

Last edited:
I’d only move him for OPJ. And Nunn.

Mitchell
Ingles
Bojan
OPJ
Gobert

Dunn
Clarkson
Mudiay
Royce
Udoh

OP is out and he might be broken... no thank you... we can do better... see my trade deadline deal I threw out there.

Mike/DM/JC isn't going to work if we want to get anything out of Joe... also hurts Rudy's production... also hurts our defense. You have to pick one to move... either now or in the summer. I pick Mike. If you can get anything for JC that helps maybe you do that, but he's better as the microwave bench scorer and won't cost us nearly as much as Mike does.

Look sometimes an investment punches you in the dick... you can keep getting punched in the dick or move on. Mike is a good player... it doesn't work here.

You are probably right on all accounts, but there is one thing that is absolutely certain - if Miami could find a way to get out of the luxury, they would love to. I wonder how much that impacts their decision to shed a guy like Olynyk or Leonard.
If that ends up being the case, I'm pretty sure MIA would ask for some pick retribution. I just lost account of our remaining and tradeable picks...
I really would like any maneuver that brings Leonard, but Olynyk woul probably be a good piece. I might be a bit out of sorts here, but I'm convinced Leonard could even close some games over Rudy, whom continue to be unable to develop a go to move in offense to help ease our perimeter guys lifes...
Anyway, it's almost a dream at this point.

If that ends up being the case, I'm pretty sure MIA would ask for some pick retribution. I just lost account of our remaining and tradeable picks...
I really would like any maneuver that brings Leonard, but Olynyk woul probably be a good piece. I might be a bit out of sorts here, but I'm convinced Leonard could even close some games over Rudy, whom continue to be unable to develop a go to move in offense to help ease our perimeter guys lifes...
Anyway, it's almost a dream at this point.

Leonard or Olynyk for a package around Davis, Mudiay, NWG and a 2nd would be wise for both sides.

That Conley trade reminds more and more of a move KOC would make. The question is... is JZ a KOC type of GM? Or is KOC still "consulting"?