What's new

Will You Accept the Findings of the Muller Probe?

Will You Accept the Findings of the Muller Probe?

• Total voters
Your saying it would be more comforting if every person who was the recipient of a search warrant was charged with a crime?
I think it's more than a little strange that a super secret court would be allowed to renew an application multiple times in order to perform surveillance on a guy who apparently did not commit a crime. I think the only reason you're okay with it was that the person being surveiled was associated with Trump.

I might not want to, which is why I'm asking you to change my mind.

A plausible answer to your question is simple; After monitoring Carter Page, although they had reason to do so, they couldn't find anything concrete enough to charge him. Is it really that impossible to believe?
So they renewed the application three more times... but still didn't find anything. Hmm, maybe they weren't after Carter Page after all. Could it be that our government was simply trying to use him as an unwitting pawn?

Trump has not achieved my version of success, but I think it's pretty obvious he has achieved his. I get that you don't like him, but to suggest that he's not intelligent or has not been successful is flat out silly. On a side note, based on your financial advice I'm guessing you are now rolling in dough these days. Congrats on that!
What makes you think he is intelligent? Serious question.

Can't just be that he has money cause lots of dumbasses have money. What are his SAT/ACT scores? What great papers has he written? Things of that nature.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

So they renewed the application three more times... but still didn't find anything. Hmm, maybe they weren't after Carter Page after all. Could it be that our government was simply trying to use him as an unwitting pawn?

You realize you have stepped into conspiracy theories at this point, yes?

Yes, when you want to believe there's an ulterior motive, that might look suspicious.

Now imagine there isn't a conspiracy. The available data supported a warrant, but they wrote it up for for all of the Donald Trump campaign. It gets denied, as the court doesn't want to be dragged into political hooha, and they identify that it might be a stretch to think the entire organization are foreign agents. So they go back to the drawing boards and establish a stronger case, but naming Carter Page specifically instead of the whole campaign, and writing out everything on that person specifically. A warrant is then issued for 90 days. And the new data collected still pointed to suspicious activity, so it was extended 90 days. And the new data still supported suspicious activity so it was extended for 90 days. And the new data supported suspicious activity so it was extended for 90 days. So after a year of balancing following through with political backlash, the FBI admits they're not going to get anything.

I used Google to find this article for research. Do you think an article from October 2016 predicting the outcome of the election is "news"?

Do you think that arguing semantics in 75% of your responses and completely avoiding the subject makes you right or smart? You can dance around logic and be cute all you want, but you aren't correct. You are only going to win the minds of zombies with those tactics.

If you want to play that game, then nothing is news. Everything is old as soon as its printed. Its just a matter of how old.

I think that if any of us discovered that the FBI had done to us what they apparently did to Carter Page we would be more than a little bit freaked out.

I don't know. I recall that the FBI seemed to have good reason to be concerned with Page years earlier. I would have wanted to keep tabs, given all the red flags he seemed to raise, and given their past looks at Page:

"If the fluidity of Page’s recollections over the past 20 months isn’t enough to make Republicans think twice about hanging their hat on his innocence, his run-in with two Russian spies three years before he joined the campaign should. According to the Justice Department, Page met with, emailed with, and “provided documents to” one of the spies, Victor Podobnyy, who was posing as a diplomat in New York City while acting as an agent of Russia’s foreign-intelligence agency, known as the SVR. Page gave Podobnyy information “about the energy business” from January to June of 2013, according to the DOJ’s criminal complaint, and Podobnyy appeared to acknowledge in intercepted conversations that he was using Page as a “useful idiot” for intelligence-gathering purposes. Page evidently wasn’t the wiser: In August 2013, he wrote a letter to a book editor claiming that he had been serving as “an informal adviser to the staff of the Kremlin” on “energy issues.”

Page told the FBI he didn’t know the Russians were spies. But the bureau was evidently not convinced—while descriptions of Page’s interactions with the spies remain redacted, the fisa application did discuss the efforts by Podobnyy and two other Russian intelligence operatives to recruit “New York City residents” as assets in 2013, when Page was first interviewed by FBI counterintelligence agents. The FBI interviewed Page again in March 2016—just before he joined the Trump campaign, and months before the FBI officially began its probe of possible collusion between the campaign and Russia."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fbi...-aide-carter-page-recruited/story?id=56737033

Every time I try to use this thread as a tool to read something useful I find useful tools instead. I gave the last 6-7 pages an honest go and nothing but the same garbage.

So yeah, @tedbundy maybe you are right.

Every time I try to use this thread as a tool to read something useful I find useful tools instead. I gave the last 6-7 pages an honest go and nothing but the same garbage.

So yeah, @tedbundy maybe you are right.

Yeah there’s nothing useful left to say. It’s just circle jerking and virtue signaling at this point.

Yeah there’s nothing useful left to say. It’s just circle jerking and virtue signaling at this point.

No. There is something useful to say. Its just some people dont want to say it.

That is
Donald Trump is our president. Lets stop fighting about it. Lets get behind him and support him. Lets move forward and be adults now. In 2020 you can vote agin.

That is
Donald Trump is our president. Lets stop fighting about it. Lets get behind him and support him. Lets move forward and be adults now. In 2020 you can vote agin.

Nope, not useful or new at all.

Nope, not useful or new at all.

So you are saying...

Being adults is not useful.
Being kind is not useful.
Working together is not useful.
Getting along is not useful.
Supporting our leaders is not useful.
Voting is not useful.
Making progress is not useful.

Got it.

That is

We have to get behind the President just because he’s the President? And others are the zombies?

We have to get behind the President just because he’s the President? And others are the zombies?

He is the commander in chief. Easier to command a smart, obedient, and disciplined people, than a bunch of whiney ungrateful circus brats.

Thats if you want to make progress. Have you ever tried cleaning while the kids are still making a mess?

I think it's more than a little strange that a super secret court would be allowed to renew an application multiple times in order to perform surveillance on a guy who apparently did not commit a crime. I think the only reason you're okay with it was that the person being surveiled was associated with Trump.

I'm not OK with it, but this has been going on since 2002 or so (the Patriot Act et. al.). Were you fine with it before 2016?