What's new

Williams, Sloan put the past where it belongs

I had bought season tickets before that year started and in pre-season Deron got injured. Rose stepped under him on a jump shot during pre-season and Deron turned his ankle. Deron was never the same and suffered more ankle related injuries along the way. Worst $9k I ever spent.

But you DID get to see Deron try to drill Haywood with that pass :)

You know what's way easier than apologizing? Not doing stupid **** in the first place.

It may be Yom Kippur tomorrow, but I don't know if I believe in atonement. Or forgiveness. I'm also not sure what exactly Williams did her to deserve forgiveness. Words are cheap.

One, Sloan has dementia. Does this **** even count?

Two, Deron was somewhat unfairly demonized, but I don't even ****ing care. A primadona player came in here and chased out one of the greatest coaches in NBA history. Sloan > DWill.

I don't hate DWill at this point, but this doesn't do anything for me. I love Sloan. He is foundation Jazz. We built this house on his culture.
"Primadona", you mean the player who was trying to help his coach, but the coach was so stubborn he freaked out on him when he was trying to help his teammates understand how to play the pick n roll? Or when he mirrored a play to the other side of the court because he knew Al Jefferson was a unique player who was much better on the one side of the court?

Sloan lost it. It's sad he had to bring down D-Will's name with him because he was too stubborn to retire before the year started.

Sloan was stuck in the past and D-Will was trying to help him out, but his stubbornness wouldnt let him evolve.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Deron admitted Sloan was better than all of the rest of his coaches combined. Sloan had not lost it. It was fine that he retired but it was the wrong way to go out and that is on Deron. Sloan clearly wanted control and Deron didn't work it in a positive way. I like Deron a lot and am very glad they made peace. I also thought it got beyond ridiculous with the way he was treated when he came back as an opposing player. I hope he starts to come back to games and interacts with the Jazz organization in a positive way. I don't think his number should be retired but I feel the same way about Horny.

Sloan was stuck in the past and D-Will was trying to help him out, but his stubbornness wouldnt let him evolve.

I disagree. Deron admitted Sloan was better than all of the rest of his coaches combined. Sloan had not lost it. It was fine that he retired but it was the wrong way to go out and that is on Deron. Sloan clearly wanted control and Deron didn't work it in a positive way. I like Deron a lot and am very glad they made peace. I also thought it got beyond ridiculous with the way he was treated when he came back as an opposing player. I hope he starts to come back to games and interacts with the Jazz organization in a positive way. I don't think his number should be retired but I feel the same way about Horny.[/QUOTE]
Idk how you can hear a story about Deron helping his teammates after practice with their pnr coverages and Sloan freaking out about it and not admit Sloan was the problem. If a reporter tweeted out Mitchell was doing that we would be beaming about his leadership.

For the folks that can't forgive DWill say what you will - you'll never, ever, ever, ever see an interview from Gordo as contrite as this.

In fact, if anything, D-Will overdid it a little bit - Sloan shares some of the blame for what happened. Clearly D-Will is being the bigger man knowing that Jerry might be approaching the end.