What's new

Windhorst: If LeBron leaves, the Cavs will make Love available for trade

I think Love would be a big improvement but I also worry about injury, his contract status, etc.

Not saying I wouldn’t do it but it would have to be a lowball offer... expiring and a 2019 pick and that’s it really. For that move to be a hit the acquisition cost is going to have to be low.

I think Indiana, Phoenix, Denver, OKC, maybe SA would have some interest. If I were the GM I’d likely get outbid... and I’d be okay with it.

foreshadowing?
f73f062743

Love is at his best when is in the paint. So is Rudy. It isn't an easy fit.

I’m not sure you’ve watched him much the last few years.

He would be great with our DHO and ball screen stuff at the elbow because he’d murder you if you got out of position.

I do think everyone on the Cavs may be a little better than they are currently viewed... I don’t think they are well coached and I don’t think outside of LBJ they have many smart players. I think Love likely can do more than his current role requires and that he’s gotten a bad rap.

If however you are trying to beat GS and Houston he will be limited in those matchups.

Pops wants a meeting with Lebron.

So 4th seed at best? Sigh.

Last edited:
Love doesn't really fit. PG is extremely improbable. Love AND PG is an absolutely flawed fantasy. I cringe at the idea of giving Love and PG $55+ every year to destroy what could have been with Mitchell.

People need to think of ways to get involved as a 3rd team. If I was Cleveland, I would trade Love during the draft. They win as many playoff games with him than without him. Turn him into Kemba and something else. LBJ isn't making his decision based on Kevin Love.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Love doesn't really fit. PG is extremely improbable. Love AND PG is an absolutely flawed fantasy. I cringe at the idea of giving Love and PG $55+ every year to destroy what could have been with Mitchell.

People need to think of ways to get involved as a 3rd team. If I was Cleveland, I would trade Love during the draft. They win as many playoff games with him than without him. Turn him into Kemba and something else. LBJ isn't making his decision based on Kevin Love.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
You think Love has more value than Kemba?

It would be interesting to see how he fits. I think he would be just about a perfect fit offensively. Assuming Rubio's shooting continues to be solid, we could have Rudy surrounded by 4 shooters in the starting lineup. It would also be fun to be able to go small against some teams and put Love at center and have a 3 point shooter at every position. Love is also one of the best rebounders in the game. The obvious concern would be on defense , especially in the playoffs. We saw this year that it was difficult against Houston to have Rudy and Favors on the floor at the same time, and I imagine it would probably be even more difficult to have Rudy and Love on the floor together.

Burks, Sefo, Jerebko, Bradley and 2018 pick is the best I can come up with. Don't forget that Love trade will all but end Favors in Utah.

Love new our motto and quoted it word for word in his interview with Mitchell.

No interest in Love. I’d much rather see what Favors gets on the open market and try to keep him at a discount if possible. Doesn’t cost any assets to keep Favors either.

Zero interest in Love.

He’s injury prone
A defensive liability
Overrated offensively
Way overpaid and only getting older

There is a way the Jazz could get Love and George.

Find a way to trade Burks and a future first for nothing (this is probably impossible)

Waive everyone

Sign Paul George to the max.

Trade Rubio, Crowder, and the first round pick this year for Kevin Love.

The Jazz have a starting lineup of Mitchell/George/Ingles/Love/Gobert and the bench is O'Neale/Bradley

*To be clear, I probably wouldnt want to do this, but it's interesting.*

I don't think it's impossible to dump Burks. There will be teams who are not in win-now mode who will end up with free capspace and will be lining up to sell their capspace for a first.

You think Love has more value than Kemba?

I think it's comparable, but I was implying Charlotte getting an asset, Cleveland getting Kemba and a 3rd team getting Love.

Who would be in the market for Love? Where does he fit best?