What's new

Windhorst: If LeBron leaves, the Cavs will make Love available for trade

I don't think we need Love and George. We just need a second option to help Mitchell put up points on board. I'll take either one. George is preferable but he's the more expensive guy and harder to get as he controls his fate.

I don't think we need Love and George. We just need a second option to help Mitchell put up points on board. I'll take either one. George is preferable but he's the more expensive guy and harder to get as he controls his fate.

I agree. PG is a nice little dream until you realize it's so highly unlikely. Shedding Burks or most of Burks is going to be harder than some make it seem. Then we have to actually get his attention to even give him the pitch.

We do need more scoring options who aren't liabilities. Unfortunately, the ship has sailed on Burks because he is a liability. I really hope we draft somebody who isn't a liability. But we aren't picking in the lottery, we are picking at #21 and expecting anything from that spot is crazy. I threw the Simmons idea out there because he seems safer, he's not a liability, he's able to help us now more than the pick. However, I don't even think Orlando wants to trade Simmons because his deal is so good.

So that leaves us with free agency. Maybe Hezonja or Bjelika can be that guy.

I agree. PG is a nice little dream until you realize it's so highly unlikely. Shedding Burks or most of Burks is going to be harder than some make it seem. Then we have to actually get his attention to even give him the pitch.

We do need more scoring options who aren't liabilities. Unfortunately, the ship has sailed on Burks because he is a liability. I really hope we draft somebody who isn't a liability. But we aren't picking in the lottery, we are picking at #21 and expecting anything from that spot is crazy. I threw the Simmons idea out there because he seems safer, he's not a liability, he's able to help us now more than the pick. However, I don't even think Orlando wants to trade Simmons because his deal is so good.

So that leaves us with free agency. Maybe Hezonja or Bjelika can be that guy.

Neither Mario or Bjelica are second scoring options in NBA, Not even Simmons guy.

I can't see them getting much for Love. He is making a ton and has the dreaded player option in 2019/20.

I can't see them getting much for Love. He is making a ton and has the dreaded player option in 2019/20.
Any team that got him would probably want him to opt in. I think someone will easily give up a first round pick and a decent young prospect for him.

The weird thing with trading guys like that is the salary matching, so it makes it tough to really do good trades.

Maybe like the Hornets would give up their 11th pick/Marvin/MKG for Love?

I personally wouldnt do Rubio/Crowder/21st for Love, but I think it's a fair trade. I just dont think Cleveland really has any use for Crowder or Rubio if they are really trying to do a full rebuild.

Any team that got him would probably want him to opt in. I think someone will easily give up a first round pick and a decent young prospect for him.

The weird thing with trading guys like that is the salary matching, so it makes it tough to really do good trades.

I personally wouldnt do Rubio/Crowder/21st for Love, but I think it's a fair trade. I just dont think Cleveland really has any use for Crowder or Rubio if they are really trying to do a full rebuild.

The don't want any long term salary and want a pick. Why would they want Marvin and expensive role player MKG ?

The don't want any long term salary and want a pick. Why would they want Marvin and expensive role player MKG ?
They don't want them, but they want another lottery pick.

If they are truly trying to tank/rebuild, then they won't really care too much about not having cap-space for an additional off-season. It's going to be really hard to trade Love, get a good pick, and have all the returning salary be expiring.

Charlotte has a new GM and this is their chance to get off some meh salary (they actually save two million dollars in this trade too). They get a final run at the Kemba-era to make the playoffs. Walker/Love/Howard is an interesting team that should be a strong contender for the 6-8 playoff spots.

I don't think they would be overly concerned about the attached baggage if their contract ends < 2 years, as long if the draft pick is high enough.
The Hornets example probably would be about the best they could do.

DL would offer Burks/Crowder/21st for Love, Cleveland turns that down.

I don't think they would be overly concerned about the attached baggage if their contract ends < 2 years, as long if the draft pick is high enough.
The Hornets example probably would be about the best they could do.

DL would offer Burks/Crowder/21st for Love, Cleveland turns that down.
Possibly. Depends on if they could do better. I'm not positive Charlotte would do the deal I said. I have no idea what their mindset is. I assume it's to make the playoffs since they didnt trade Kemba last deadline.

The whole thing is they have to wait on Lebron's decision before they trade Love, so it's hard to really trade picks in this draft for Love. Maybe if they got the 11th pick they would just say **** it and say good-bye to Lebron, but the 21st pick isnt good enough to make them say that.

Neither Mario or Bjelica are second scoring options in NBA, Not even Simmons guy.

That's not what I meant. I was trying to say guys who can help with scoring and I mentioned those 3. I was just saying we need more guys who can score who aren't liabilities on the defensive end. I don't think any of those guys are a great starting 2nd scoring option.

It is very doubtful we are going to get a bonafide 2nd scoring option this year via either trade or free agency.

I'm not sure that I'd offer anything. He's 4 years older than Gobert and 8 years older than Mitchell so he's not a great fit in our timeline. He's injury prone and declining. I don't think it's the move that can get us over the top.

I agree. I think there is a small handful of teams who would want Love and an even smaller list of teams who want to give up assets for him.

The teams I think who might actually want Love:

Brooklyn - maybe, but they don't want to give much
Dallas - maybe they get desperate if they miss out on other free agents
Denver - they love PF's so much you just never know
Memphis - they might want him for cheap since their window is quickly closing
Milwaukee - they want a big who isn't worthless
OKC - maybe they think they can trade Melo and an assets for Love.
Portland - they probably wish they could cash in all their terrible PF's for a solid one.
San Antonio - they wouldn't give up much.
Toronto - maybe, but what do they have to give up?
Utah - we might like him, but I'm not sure why we would give up much. Not a great fit.

Portland - they probably wish they could cash in all their terrible PF's for a solid one.
I’d be willing to take at least one of those PFs off their hands.

I’d be willing to take at least one of those PFs off their hands.

I was referring to Harkless and Leonard. Which one do you like other than Aminu? I like Collins, but not sure of his position yet. Seems to be that Portland needs to do something now because Lillard is getting a bit restless. That's why I could see them pursuing Love to try to do something positive.

I was referring to Harkless and Leonard. Which one do you like other than Aminu? I like Collins, but not sure of his position yet. Seems to be that Portland needs to do something now because Lillard is getting a bit restless. That's why I could see them pursuing Love to try to do something positive.
Aminu.

Yeah, I do like Aminu. Portland would be very interesting if they got Love to go with Aminu, Lillard, Collins and McCollum. Their defense would suck, but they would be intriguing. Don't see them having the assets to get Love though. Not enough expirings.

foreshadowing?
f73f062743
Fiveshadowing

So what does everybody think LeBron is going to do? Where is he going? Is he staying? The next 3 plus weeks are going to take forever with the speculation.