What's new

Winter Olympics 2022

JazzGal

Contributor
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
Any other junkies out there? This is the moment to be experts on sports you only care about every four years. Let's go, Team USA (and all the rest)!

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

It is unfortunate that these games are having to deal with COVID, as well as all the political issues surrounding China. I hope the athletes have a great experience anyway, even if it isn't ideal.

I cannot believe it is 20 years ago that we held the Salt Lake Olympics. That was such a wonderful time, so much fun. I worked in downtown SLC, and it was an amazing experience to be in the middle of it all.

I watched the curling already. I don't know why but I always enjoy watching it. I have tickets to the bronze medal hockey game, I'm pretty excited. Tickets are pretty much impossible to get, so I'm very lucky!

I watched the curling already. I don't know why but I always enjoy watching it. I have tickets to the bronze medal hockey game, I'm pretty excited. Tickets are pretty much impossible to get, so I'm very lucky!
That's amazing you get to go to the hockey game.

There is something kind of hypnotic about curling. It is a crazy ridiculous sport.

I cannot believe it is 20 years ago that we held the Salt Lake Olympics. That was such a wonderful time, so much fun. I worked in downtown SLC, and it was an amazing experience to be in the middle of it all.

I went to the skeleton event. It was so fun. At first we’d picked a spot right by the track and watched a bunch of people fly past us. Eventually we found another spot where we could still see the track but also watch like the tv feed. So fun. I remember USA won gold in both men and women. I think the guy’s name was Tommy Shea and he was last to go so he knew exactly what time he had to beat. When he did, there was a huge roar. Pretty cool to be up there.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

It is unfortunate that these games are having to deal with COVID, as well as all the political issues surrounding China. I hope the athletes have a great experience anyway, even if it isn't ideal.

My niece flew out to china earlier this week to cover the olympics. She is a reporter. She covered the last winter olympics as well. She loves it.

Why do so many of these 'sports' require judges? Why do so many of these 'judges' favour the Chinese? Just watched a Hungarian kid get robbed of gold, yesterday an American girl got stitched up for a Chinese girl.

The winter Olympics is ****ing ****.

Last edited:
Why does ski jumping need a judge? Jump the furthest you win. End of.
The only reason is that if you let them jump as they want it could lead to more accidents as going for a distance at expense of the telemark landing increases the chance of falling. I agree that it's weird though and could be replaced with a set of stylistic rules to follow and getting rid of the notes. I am also not a fan of those wind/gate compensation points, I think this system is far from optimal.

The only reason is that if you let them jump as they want it could lead to more accidents as going for a distance at expense of the telemark landing increases the chance of falling. I agree that it's weird though and could be replaced with a set of stylistic rules to follow and getting rid of the notes. I am also not a fan of those wind/gate compensation points, I think this system is far from optimal.

People used to watch formula 1 because it was dangerous....

Why do so many of these 'sports' require judges? Why do so many of these 'judges' favour the Chinese? Just watched a Hungarian kid get robbed of gold, yesterday an American girl got stitched up for a Chinese girl.

The winter Olympics is ****ing ****.

the winter olympics is a conspiracy between the tv networks and Orthopaedic surgeons lol

the winter olympics is a conspiracy between the tv networks and Orthopaedic surgeons lol

every weekend during wintter, choppers from bringing in people that look like they've been hit by buses. I'd feel sorry for them but you know private school types...

Has there ever been an Olympics that nobody gives a **** about comparable to this? It's over on Sunday and nobody cares.

Makes me really consider if SLC should bother betting again. Maybe getting crowds or away from telecasts in the middle of the night would help, but what a dud.

Has there ever been an Olympics that nobody gives a **** about comparable to this? It's over on Sunday and nobody cares.

Makes me really consider if SLC should bother betting again. Maybe getting crowds or away from telecasts in the middle of the night would help, but what a dud.
I think there are a lot of reasons this Olympics is particularly uninteresting.

I want Utah to get another Olympics.

I had great time watching the Olympics match last night. I was lucky to get front row seats. It was Slovakia vs Sweden so I didn't really care about the game. Unfortunately USA choked really hard to miss being in the game. But I was sitting next to the Slovakia diplomat and a bunch of people from their embassy which made it more fun with how excited and loud they were.

It was a good sports weekend. I got to meet Marbury at an event and shoot a few hoops by him. Plus the event had free decent craft beer no one else wanted.

I had great time watching the Olympics match last night. I was lucky to get front row seats. It was Slovakia vs Sweden so I didn't really care about the game. Unfortunately USA choked really hard to miss being in the game. But I was sitting next to the Slovakia diplomat and a bunch of people from their embassy which made it more fun with how excited and loud they were.

It was a good sports weekend. I got to meet Marbury at an event and shoot a few hoops by him. Plus the event had free decent craft beer no one else wanted.

The Olympics should not need free beer! Its apparently rating its **** off in Australia. Ive not watched much of it, from what I've seen the Chinese are getting a lot of home cooking and I can't take any of it seriously while they continue to allow Russia to compete despite the endemic cheating.

The Olympics should not need free beer! Its apparently rating its **** off in Australia. Ive not watched much of it, from what I've seen the Chinese are getting a lot of home cooking and I can't take any of it seriously while they continue to allow Russia to compete despite the endemic cheating.

The Olympics have jumped the shark.