What's new

With the 23rd Pick... Rodney Hood

Quin Snyder picks a dukie...figures!

But seriously, I love this pick. Pure shooter and crafty scorer. I'm sure Quin had convos about Hood with Coach K.

Likewise wanted Early or Capela but quite honestly forgot Hood was on the board. DL aced this draft.

Out of curiosity, how much basketball do you watch?

Ummmm.

Quite a bit, when you're a single guy who both plays and coaches. I played all though high school. And coach at a Utah high school.

Why? How much do you watch?

Do you disagree with my Marvin Williams comparison? Describe how they're different.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];856730 said:
He does help with shooting, but he needs to live up to his defensive potential.

With his high character, athleticism and work ethic I bet he progresses in that area.

I absolutely love this pick. I heard coach K talk about hood a few days ago. He said he's gonna shock a lot of people in the nba. I know the coach is biased but never thought we would get him at 23. Very excited. I'm feeling better about Exum too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locke and Spence keeps calling him a guard. He clearly can play SF and when Gordon goes cold(like he always does) we can actually bring in a pure shooter.

I can't remember the last time it was this happy with a Jazz draft. We usually blow it. Not this year. Wow. I'm guessing everyone is going to give us an "A."

Ummmm.

Quite a bit, when you're a single guy who both plays and coaches. I played all though high school. And coach at a Utah high school.

Why? How much do you watch?

Do you disagree with my Marvin Williams comparison? Describe how they're different.

Well in the most simple reply, I see one as a stretch 4 and the other as a 2.

Hate Duke but love this pick (not just cause I called it) although strange they list him as a SG that he is 6'8" to me that sounds like SF. So I guess he's a little like Hayward in that way versatile player that can play 2 positions (not comparing their games) so just about half the Jazz roster can play 2 positions.
Exum PG/SG
Hayward SG/SF
Kanter & Favors PF/C

Hood and Kyle Anderson had the most offensive talent of the players on the board. Great pick. Who knows how KA will translate to the NBA.