What's new

With the Fifth Pick... Dante Exum

My problem isn't that I don't trust the office to evaluate talent, my problem is that the whole approach is wrong. Picking the best player available is a bad idea. You fill needs. The Jazz don't need a PG or a SG.

ROFLcopter

£¥£

Why complicate things? If you need a centre, you draft a freaking centre. You don't draft a small forward, then trade your current small forward for dimes on the dollar to get a centre. You draft a freaking centre. Good grief, it's not that complicated.

L-O-L

£¥£

Nice to see this board is as neurotic as ever. All the scouts and analysts think Exum will be a star. Who the **** cares you haters think.

My problem isn't that I don't trust the office to evaluate talent, my problem is that the whole approach is wrong. Picking the best player available is a bad idea. You fill needs. The Jazz don't need a PG or a SG.

This guy is all da ****?

Had basketball practice and heard the pick on the way there.
Wow! Was not expecting Exum. And after he refused to workout for Utah, I'm sure he's a bit underwhelmed. Orlando taking Gordon at #4 was a complete shock. What a difference to go from Tinsley, Lucas, Garrett and then Burke to Burke and Exum. Wonder how this will impact Neto.

Would be really awkward for Trey to be taking pictures with his replacement one year after he was drafted. My guess is that Trey won't be traded this year at least.
How did Bledsoe and Dragic work out for Phoenix this season? Are they looking to trade either?
I agree with you. Trey is going to start, Exum will get mins behind him and they probably both play together some eventually. Williams and Maynor played some together before he was traded. Burke, Burks and Exum could develop into an awesome rotation. We just aren't used to the concept of a combo guard.

Teams don't actually have to get to the floor. Makes absolutely no difference.

They are going to spend the money anyway. Just as well use it to take on salary from someone else and get something in return, or sign a FA.

Could be an opportunity to bring Tomic.