With the Fifth Pick... Dante Exum

ekimebirt

LOVE this pick. When were the Jazz the best? Stockton and Horny in the back court.. TB, Exum and Burks will be a terrific 3 man rotation on the guard line. This has the potential to eventually be one of the best best back court rotations we have ever had. Hayward and Exum can both play the 3 as well. Exum and Hayward can be a very big back court.. Very exciting options.

honz

Thunder Fanatic
Contributor
I was excited about the pick but it was embarrassing to **** my pants in front of my coworkers. Mixed emotions right now, but smoking a cig and feeling extremely relaxed.

JimLes

You ALWAYS draft the best player available at EVERY SINGLE PICK. Don't care if it's #1 or #60. If you trust the process, then you draft the best player on your board. Period.

Why complicate things? If you need a centre, you draft a freaking centre. You don't draft a small forward, then trade your current small forward for dimes on the dollar to get a centre. You draft a freaking centre. Good grief, it's not that complicated.

Nate505

Modstapo Lite
Staff member
I'm stunned Gordon went before him, but still, great pick for that spot. His phyical attributes are top notch. I hope his attitude is.

kabenac

This is a bit risky but an interesting pick. Decent defender and the quickest first-step since Kobe.

He's going to score a lot of points inside. If we keep Hayward we're going to have some nice passes!

I look forward to our next two picks!

mcastleton928

LOVE this pick. When were the Jazz the best? Stockton and Horny in the back court.. TB, Exum and Burks will be a terrific 3 man rotation on the guard line. This has the potential to eventually be one of the best best back court rotations we have ever had. Hayward and Exum can both play the 3 as well. Exum and Hayward can be a very big back court.. Very exciting options.

I agree. Based upon current events, this is our depth chart this season:

PG: Trey Burke/Danté Exum, Draft Pick (23/35)

SG: Alec Burks/Danté Exum

SF: Gordon Hayward (re-sign), Draft Pick (23/35)

PF: Enes Kanter, Jeremy Evans

C: Derrick Favors, Rudy Gobert

themanknownassting

I like the pick. I trust the front office. And with rumors that they have been keeping an eye on him for a couple of years makes me think they know exactly what they are doing. But you do have to wonder with his competition the past year, just how good he can be. But if comparisons to Jordan are correct. Oh mama!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trigg3r

Why complicate things? If you need a centre, you draft a freaking centre. You don't draft a small forward, then trade your current small forward for dimes on the dollar to get a centre. You draft a freaking centre. Good grief, it's not that complicated.

Isn't this what the Blazers did with Oden over Durant? We all know how that turned out. How about them also passing on Jordan for Bowie? You take the BPA.