What's new

Woj bomb... AD to Lakers

Hakeem is probably the most skilled amongst the best centers in history.

But either Wilt or Kareem is the best of all time at the position.

IMO.
One problem in comparing them is that Wilt and Kareem were so good for so long, whereas Hakeem's peak years were much shorter. But I'd probably list them as Wilt, Hakeem, then Kareem.

Hakeem over Shaq, Kareem, Wilt? Imho Wilt is the best all time

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app
Ya I like hakeem the best of those guys. But they are all awesome so it's splitting hairs.

As for wilt I'm sure he would be amazing in the era of those others you mentioned but when I watch video of him it's like he is being guarded by me so it's hard to evaluate him really.

Hakeem, Shaq, and Kareem would all put up stats like wilt if I was guarding them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Wilt is the best, Kareem 2nd.

If Wilt didn't have to play Boston every year which was beyond GS stacked, he would have more titles. The guy averaged 50 points a game. Then he led the league in assists. They didn't track blocks back then, but one game, an assistant coach decided to track it and stopped in the 3rd quarter when he had 27. Wilt had a 48 inch vertical. He ran the 220 hurdles at Kansas. He was also a high jumper. In his late 40's, he was considered the best volleyball player on the planet. Arnold challenged Wilt in the bench press when they were shooting one of the Conan movies. Wilt made it past 500 pounds on the bench press and they decided to stop.

Statistically, Wilt was superior. Athletically, he would be a freak even by today's standards.

Wilt is the best, Kareem 2nd.

If Wilt didn't have to play Boston every year which was beyond GS stacked, he would have more titles. The guy averaged 50 points a game. Then he led the league in assists. They didn't track blocks back then, but one game, an assistant coach decided to track it and stopped in the 3rd quarter when he had 27. Wilt had a 48 inch vertical. He ran the 220 hurdles at Kansas. He was also a high jumper. In his late 40's, he was considered the best volleyball player on the planet. Arnold challenged Wilt in the bench press when they were shooting one of the Conan movies. Wilt made it past 500 pounds on the bench press and they decided to stop.

Statistically, Wilt was superior. Athletically, he would be a freak even by today's standards.

The fact he averaged 50 per game and according to this assistant coach could have averaged like 20 blocks per game and also let the league in assists tells me that the competition might have been lacking.

The fact he averaged 50 per game and according to this assistant coach could have averaged like 20 blocks per game and also let the league in assists tells me that the competition might have been lacking.

If it was really just about the competition, then there would have been a few other guys having stats close to Wilt. Don't you think?

If it was really just about the competition, then there would have been a few other guys having stats close to Wilt. Don't you think?

Exactly. If it was that easy, why wasn't anybody else doing it? Bill Russell was playing with 4 other Hall of Famers almost his entire career, and he didn't do what Wilt was doing. And Russell is considered a top 10 player all time.

Well, were there other guys his size with his athleticism?

Exactly. If it was that easy, why wasn't anybody else doing it? Bill Russell was playing with 4 other Hall of Famers almost his entire career, and he didn't do what Wilt was doing. And Russell is considered a top 10 player all time.
Was Russell as big and strong as wilt? As athletic?

Wilt, in highlight videos, seems to be bigger, stronger and more athletic than everyone else. Not necessarily more skilled than anyone.

Was Russell as big and strong as wilt? As athletic?

Wilt, in highlight videos, seems to be bigger, stronger and more athletic than everyone else. Not necessarily more skilled than anyone.

He was, and there was no illegal defense. So even though Wilt was bigger, stronger, faster, he got his stats guarded by 3 guys.

He was, and there was no illegal defense. So even though Wilt was bigger, stronger, faster, he got his stats guarded by 3 guys.
Ya I'm thinking shaq would have also averaged 50 points per game and 20 blocks
Hakeem too

Ya I'm thinking shaq would have also averaged 50 points per game and 20 blocks
Hakeem too

It was a different game. When Wilt dunked too much, they banned dunking. Wilt was an elite athlete. Not an athletic big man, Wilt was a freak. The guy was a 440 hurdles champion.

The rules of the era wouldn't allow for Shaq to punish his man down in the post. You had to have finesse.

Hakeem would have played well, but Hakeem didn't have longevity or athleticism of Wilt.

When Wilt dunked too much, they banned dunking.

Man, you just can't stop talking out of your rear end in this thread. The NBA never banned dunking. It was banned by the NCAA between 1967 and 1976, but at that point Wilt had been in the NBA for nearly a decade.

Man, you just can't stop talking out of your rear end in this thread. The NBA never banned dunking. It was banned by the NCAA between 1967 and 1976, but at that point Wilt had been in the NBA for nearly a decade.

They banned him from dunking putbacks from his own free throws because he was such a freak he just jumped from the free throw line and put it down. I was off on that one. I was also off about Jamison being on a Finals team. Yep, I was wrong twice.

Your MJ over LBJ arguments are still weaker than one ply toilet paper.

They banned him from dunking putbacks from his own free throws because he was such a freak he just jumped from the free throw line and put it down. I was off on that one. I was also off about Jamison being on a Finals team. Yep, I was wrong twice.

Your MJ over LBJ arguments are still weaker than one ply toilet paper.
Im pretty sure that they banned players from jumping from the free throw line during FTs in college after rumors swirled that Wilt could dunk from the free throw line with just a step or 2. I think Wilt is the GOAT but I also think half the stories about him are exaggerations. Like the bench press stuff, that stuff always gets exaggerated.

In my line of work just about everyone I talk to says they used to be able to bench some stupid high number and run the 40 at some speed that is crazy fast. In fact I bet half the people on here think they ran a 4.6 or better 40 in high school and benched/deadlifted/squatted some super high number.

Im pretty sure that they banned players from jumping from the free throw line during FTs in college after rumors swirled that Wilt could dunk from the free throw line with just a step or 2. I think Wilt is the GOAT but I also think half the stories about him are exaggerations. Like the bench press stuff, that stuff always gets exaggerated.

In my line of work just about everyone I talk to says they used to be able to bench some stupid high number and run the 40 at some speed that is crazy fast. In fact I bet half the people on here think they ran a 4.6 or better 40 in high school and benched/deadlifted/squatted some super high number.

There are game tapes of him going up for a block and his fingers are parallel to the top of the backboard.

As a Kansas Track and Field athlete, Wilt won the Big 8 (which is now the Big XII) championships three years running by high jumping upwards of 50 inches on the high jump.

As a Kansas track and field athlete, Wilt ran a sub-eleven second 100m, a forty-nine second 400m in “baggy sweats”, and a 1:58.3 second 800m. All while being a 7’1” Goliath of a man.

Wilt was playing pickup games against Magic Johnson and Norm Nixon in his mid-forties. Magic called a non-foul and Wilt declared that there would be no more shots from Magic. Wilt kept that promise and blocked all of Magic’s shots.

Hakeem over Shaq, Kareem, Wilt? Imho Wilt is the best all time

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app
If we’re talking in their primes and we’re talking their actual games (not putting up absurd numbers against total slouches), then yes. And Hakeem made Shaq cry. That’s a fact.

Carrying a team of 0 other stars to a championship is enough to put him in that conversation. Being the only player EVER to win an MVP, DPOY, and finals MVP in the same year also matters.

If we’re talking in their primes and we’re talking their actual games (not putting up absurd numbers against total slouches), then yes. And Hakeem made Shaq cry. That’s a fact.

Carrying a team of 0 other stars to a championship is enough to put him in that conversation. Being the only player EVER to win an MVP, DPOY, and finals MVP in the same year also matters.

Prime Hakeem was something else. Ridiculous skills, supreme athlete.