What's new

Woj: Celtics working to land both Gordon Hayward and Paul George

Link? I haven't heard any such reports.

I dont have any links just the discussion from the local sports guys the last few days. They discussed some report that Hayward wants a 5 year deal if he stays with Utah and they all agreed that would seem like what he was interested in.

I dont have any links just the discussion from the local sports guys the last few days. They discussed some report that Hayward wants a 5 year deal if he stays with Utah and they all agreed that would seem like what he was interested in.

I doubt they have any insider knowledge. That'd be pretty big news if true, since Jazz can give him the longest contract.

Sorry Hayward but white guys don't look good in green. Not even your beautiful hair will help you. This is the real reason Hayward will stay.

I'd rather take on a bunch of assets and Deng then overpay Iggy... even if it screws with GS a little.

Tbh, I don't have a ton of faith in the kid that got bumped down the depth chart by Shevlin Mack.

Yeah, I know some dont believe in him. But I am sure enough for the both of us. He out played Mack the entire season and really outplayed him post all-star and the playoffs. But by that logic we should have traded DWill because of who got minutes ahead of him at that same age and lots of other good players. He is only 21 and showing real upside and potential.

I would trade him but not for a possible 1 year rental. His upside is too high to take that risk.

The other assets are replaceable and wont set us back. We will be in the same place without those assets in 2 years. I also believe Hood and/or Favors are gone after this season so lets get something for them. Favors can get healthy and do more than Hood. I also think Hood has more trade value and Favors has more upside if healthy, they are the same age basically. Hood is also a better fit for Indiana since they have a big they really like. But if Indiana wants Favors instead of Hood I would still go for it. Frankly I would be okay with trading both of them since I think we might not be able to afford either assuming we keep Hayward.

If for some reason we lose Hayward and George after the next season is done then our team is in the exact same boat as if we dont get George and Hayward leaves. Those assets are not changing the position of this franchise at all but PG and Hayward can.

I doubt they have any insider knowledge. That'd be pretty big news if true, since Jazz can give him the longest contract.

It was Spence Checketts discussing it yesterday with one of his "good sources" that he cant tell who it is or what they specifically said. Or it could have been Gordon Monson or both, they are all the same to me. They both have connections but they over sells their connections and information. It might be not be anything but on the flip side there is no information saying Hayward is thinking about a 1+1. That seems to just be something people are saying he will do as a reason not to get PG, there is no evidence of that. Haywards personality does seem more like someone who likes guaranteed things and financial stability and not someone to gamble over money.

Yeah, I know some dont believe in him. But I am sure enough for the both of us. He out played Mack the entire season and really outplayed him post all-star and the playoffs. But by that logic we should have traded DWill because of who got minutes ahead of him at that same age and lots of other good players. He is only 21 and showing real upside and potential.

I would trade him but not for a possible 1 year rental. His upside is too high to take that risk.

The other assets are replaceable and wont set us back. We will be in the same place without those assets in 2 years. I also believe Hood and/or Favors are gone after this season so lets get something for them. Favors can get healthy and do more than Hood. I also think Hood has more trade value and Favors has more upside if healthy, they are the same age basically. Hood is also a better fit for Indiana since they have a big they really like. But if Indiana wants Favors instead of Hood I would still go for it. Frankly I would be okay with trading both of them since I think we might not be able to afford either assuming we keep Hayward.

If for some reason we lose Hayward and George after the next season is done then our team is in the exact same boat as if we dont get George and Hayward leaves. Those assets are not changing the position of this franchise at all but PG and Hayward can.

If given the option I would rather hold onto Hood than Exum.

If given the option I would rather hold onto Hood than Exum.

Yep, I think some would agree with you on this board. It is not close for me for holding onto Exum. I think his floor is a solid starter who plays elite defense in this league if healthy. His upside is much higher.

The Jazz have a good young core with Exum / Mitchell / Hood / Johnson / Gobert.

Their move would be to trade out their veterans for future picks and try to draft another stud.
Yea, Joe Johnson is a very important part of our YOUNG core...

Yep, I think some would agree with you on this board. It is not close for me for holding onto Exum. I think his floor is a solid starter who plays elite defense in this league if healthy. His upside is much higher.

Do you know what 'floor' means? Because we've seen it. And it's a third string PG.

So I'm guessing I'm the only one here that doesn't feel like we're in a full rebuild mode if Hayward doesn't stay? Love the guy and hope he does stay with the Jazz but I don't think the sky falls so quickly without him here. We have talent, a lot of which was hurt for big portions last season.

I'm with you. Actually, I think keeping Hayward is huge for the psyche of the fans as well as the organization but he's not a Lebron or Westbrook. DL could probably mitigate the loss of Hayward with a couple of moves. Obviously, that's easier said than done but this is nowhere near the scope of say, Durant leaving OKC.

Back to the psyche aspect of it: Just look how many fans in here are already calling for a full on tank if Hayward leaves, which IMO is pretty pathetic. Utah would still have a game-changing, franchise cornerstone in Gobert, other talented young players spread across the roster, tradeable assets, a very solid GM and IMO, one of the best head coaches in the league.

I'd also move Hood for a first and a development project... so Philly for a first and Korkmaz... something like that... we have to do it right if he leaves.

Philly has a ****e ton of young prospects in addition to Simmons/Fultz/Embiid. I'm okay with Korkmaz. They got Pasecniks, Lessort and Bolden in this draft as well.

If the Jazz believe in Exum and obviously like Mitchell, then Hood is probably somewhat expendable, especially if the Jazz retain Ingles. Alec Burks might not be completely dead either.

Yea, Joe Johnson is a very important part of our YOUNG core...

Do you know what 'floor' means? Because we've seen it. And it's a third string PG.

Floor for his career not current. I believe he is going to improve and his floor is higher than where he is at, at 21. Although I would not call what he was last time we saw him 3rd string PG. He played excellent post all-star and the playoffs.

I mean by that same logic you could call any potential NBA players floor a college player who is not in the NBA. Ones floor does not refer to what they are that second, it refers to when they are in their prime what the lowest they will be.

Statistics say otherwise. He was more up and down but overall he outplayed him. Mack got more minutes, especially early because the coaching staff valued consistency.

lmao. So he was up and down? And, since you're saying he outplayed him all year, I assume that means when Exum was down he was still outplaying Mack? How you homers manage to talk yourself into a pit within 2 posts is pretty surprising.