What's new

Woj: Don to the Cavs for Markkanen, Agbaji, Sexton, three unprotected 1sts, two swaps, and a partridge in a pear tree.

I said strongly that Donovan would not beat the Gobert offer... vindicated

I mean the two best players from both deals are coming from Donovan’s side. The 2029 1st from Cleveland is unprotected. We got an extra pick swap in 2028. I don’t really know what you’re seeing.

We don’t have to do this anyways let’s just be happy we got great hauls for both.

I mean the two best players from both deals are coming from Donovan’s side. The 2029 1st from Cleveland is unprotected. We got an extra pick swap in 2028. I don’t really know what you’re seeing.

We don’t have to do this anyways let’s just be happy we got great hauls for both.
I'd say they are basically even. Which is great/fine.

Yeah, I definitely dont love their future, but it isnt awful.

The upside is that their FO is good at drafting (or at least so far they have been) and they have a ton of picks.
Not sure I would agree here; they’re currently capped out with a pretty mediocre team. That sounds like NBA purgatory to me.

Not sure I would agree here; they’re currently capped out with a pretty mediocre team. That sounds like NBA purgatory to me.
And they got a **** load of draft picks.

Like I said, not the best future, but if Barrett plays like he did in the 2nd half of the season they will be fine. They got a lot of ability to change this team in the coming years. I think their FO is good overall.

The Cavs were in a similar position to Minnesota. They could go all in and it makes sense because they are automatically fringe contenders. NYK had too many more moves to go after Mitchell. They obviously didnt have a plan of action after acquiring Mitchell they were confident in. LIke I said in an earlier post, this Mitchell thing happened too soon for them. They werent ready to fully commit.