What's new

Woj: Don to the Cavs for Markkanen, Agbaji, Sexton, three unprotected 1sts, two swaps, and a partridge in a pear tree.

The big question for New York is if you won’t trade 3 unprotected 1sts for a 25-year old 3x all-star who wants to play for you who exactly are you going to trade for then?
They had no idea. Cleveland gave up all the picks for Don (which is all Ainge wanted) while keeping their core intact. So it's solid for both teams. But the Knicks f***ed around and found out. If they don't want to give up picks for a 25 yo 3x All-star, then who knows.

I also want to point out that Dejounte Murray who was an all-star this year got traded for:

2023 protected 1st
2025 unprotected 1st
2027 unprotected 1st
2026 pick swap

We got all of that plus Collin Sexton, Ochai Agbaji, Lauri Markannen, 2029 unprotected 1st and 2028 pick swap.

They are set up to be really good ... in the immediate. We have no vested interest in them being bad early(they can be as good as they want in 23 and 24, hell even in 25). In 25 Mitchell can opt out. 26, 27, 28, 29 are all unprotected picks we have from them. If they are bad in any of those years, we get a good asset back. If they crumble after Donovan leaves... even better. We might get multiple big bites at the apple.
I get that, so I'll hope for the best, but I really believe in Mobley. I think they will be good as long as he is there or healthy.

All jokes aside, this team as constituted now with a highly regarded young coach might not be bad enough to make our own next 2 picks that great unless we get some luck in the lottery.
There will be more trades... but yeah I am a little worried about being like the 6th worst team now.

All jokes aside, this team as constituted now with a highly regarded young coach might not be bad enough to make our own next 2 picks that great unless we get some luck in the lottery.
This is my thinking as well. We might be the deepest team in the nba now with quality role players. We still need to gut this roster quite a bit to guarantee a top 5 pick.

Does anyone know if there's a service that streams AAU games, specifically for leagues of 12-15 year olds? Asking for a friend.
@PGAB

You assume that Don's motivations were that he just wants to win, yo.

If he wanted to go to the Knicks, then I intensely question that advertised motivation.

We watched him hunt for highlights as much as he played good fundamental basketball and as far as I'm concerned, he just as likely purposefully wrecked this team to get traded as played in earnest.

I don't think he wants to be in Cleveland (I sure as hell wouldn't), I think that kind of **** matters to him, and I'm happy he's probably frustrated right now.
It’s more satisfying knowing that he has to sit and live with the reality that he did this to himself. He could still be in a team serious about contention if he was serious about it, but alas, here we are (or rather, there he is).

I think it's time we trade for a former MVP superstar. What say you? :D
It’s time to trade for our third MVP in franchise history.

From Woj

After the New York Knicks temporarily walked away on talks Monday night, the Cleveland Cavaliers aggressively pursued and acquired three-time All-Star guard Donovan Mitchell in a trade with the Utah Jazz on Thursday, sources told ESPN.

Rose you dumb bastard your little power play ended up sending the Cavs to us

You assume that Don's motivations were that he just wants to win, yo.

If he wanted to go to the Knicks, then I intensely question that advertised motivation.

We watched him hunt for highlights as much as he played good fundamental basketball and as far as I'm concerned, he just as likely purposefully wrecked this team to get traded as played in earnest.

I don't think he wants to be in Cleveland (I sure as hell wouldn't), I think that kind of **** matters to him, and I'm happy he's probably frustrated right now.
Don, like the rest of us, probably thought the Knicks were a shoe in so it wouldnt really make sense for him to speak out against it or in favor of another destination.

I think Don is cool with whatever really and is just looking forward to free agency

This is my thinking as well. We might be the deepest team in the nba now with quality role players. We still need to gut this roster quite a bit to guarantee a top 5 pick.
This really isn't a problem. Take it from OKC, or what Portland did last year. If you want to lose you'll find a way to lose. Sit veterans and give young players "a chance", rest players, shut players down mid-season due to "injuries" etc...

This. I am also concerned that we have become just good enough to put us firmly in the late lottery. We might need a miracle or 2 to replace the talent we just shipped out.
There is no question that we will need a miracle to replace the talent we shipped out.