What's new

Woj: Don to the Cavs for Markkanen, Agbaji, Sexton, three unprotected 1sts, two swaps, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Funny listening to the Hoop Collective podcast Donovan was ecstatic to go to Cleveland.

Also noted that Cleveland/Utah have a really good working relationship. They have done a ton of trades over the years and even Ainge has worked with Cleveland in Boston. They homies.

Yes, relationships can go a long way and be the difference maker. Leon Rose ****ed up by even letting the Cavs get back in the conversation.

in what way? by not overpaying? i'm sure having 2 6 ft starting guards is smart....
Yeah, I think it was good to pass on it, but they were planning on getting Mitchell for the last 3 years. They teased the **** out of their fans.

Even though I agree it was a good pass for them, you can't hype that **** that much and not see it through because you were worried about giving up Quentin Grimes.

in what way? by not overpaying? i'm sure having 2 6 ft starting guards is smart....
Hey it worked for us!!

Now how many picks will we get for Conley?

:cool:

Yeah, I think it was good to pass on it, but they were planning on getting Mitchell for the last 3 years. They teased the **** out of their fans.

Even though I agree it was a good pass for them, you can't hype that **** that much and not see it through because you were worried about giving up Quentin Grimes.

It was not a good pass for them. You’re the ****ing New York Knicks. You’re a poverty franchise. You have a 25-year old all-star who would love to play for you sitting in your grasp. You traded your lottery pick this year to collect more assets for an exact trade like this.

You can’t get a second star without getting the first one. You passed on Donovan because of Quentin Grimes and a top-5 protection on a pick because you’re worried about being that bad or what?

You’re left with with around 4 picks plus Toppin/Quickley for your next trade whether that’s enough to get someone good or someone pretty good while using other assets to dump Randle to get cap space for another star.

Not to mention you let it drag on for 2 months while every single one of your young players are mentioned in trades and you didn’t trade any of them. Then you come out with bogus leaks to save face that mention even more players you "offered". Just ****ing terrible from a terrible franchise.

It was not a good pass for them. You’re the ****ing New York Knicks. You’re a poverty franchise. You have a 25-year old all-star who would love to play for you sitting in your grasp. You traded your lottery pick this year to collect more assets for an exact trade like this.

You can’t get a second star without getting the first one. You passed on Donovan because of Quentin Grimes and a top-5 protection on a pick because you’re worried about being that bad or what?

You’re left with with around 4 picks plus Toppin/Quickley for your next trade whether that’s enough to get someone good or someone pretty good while using other assets to dump Randle to get cap space for another star.
no other team is asking for as much as the jazz are for their players

The post-ACL ability will be a key driver, but Sexton is young enough that he should be fully recovered.

He actually tore his MCL.
The internet would tell you it was a meniscus tear if you asked it. So it is in either case way less serious, especially with how he approached treatment (do the repair surgery and sit rather than cut out the torn piece to get back sooner).

Not to mention you let it drag on for 2 months while every single one of your young players are mentioned in trades and you didn’t trade any of them. Then you come out with bogus leaks to save face that mention even more players you "offered". Just ****ing terrible from a terrible franchise.
It's a good move for them. They arent ready yet.

IDK if they will ever be ready because their core pieces are pretty average, but honestly Donovan might have just left in 3 years if they traded for him.

The internet would tell you it was a meniscus tear if you asked it. So it is in either case way less serious, especially with how he approached treatment (do the repair surgery and sit rather than cut out the torn piece to get back sooner).
And it's not like ACL's are that career altering anymore.

no other team is asking for as much as the jazz are for their players
In negotiation that is usually the best way to get what you want. Ask for it no matter how insane it sounds. Big mistake people make is trying too hard to hit the compromise sweet spot up front rather than just asking for what they really want. I got almost 8k off the price of my car by doing that. Ainge has perfected it. He is a true master of the craft.

In negotiation that is usually the best way to get what you want. Ask for it no matter how insane it sounds. Big mistake people make is trying too hard to hit the compromise sweet spot up front rather than just asking for what they really want. I got almost 8k off the price of my car by doing that. Ainge has perfected it. He is a true master of the craft.

Exactly. What is he suggesting we do? Start off with what we’re willing to accept?

it's not about asking for less. it's about only settling for the moon. which is why, anyone that deals with ainge will lose. it's smart to avoid him at all costs unless you feel you are that 1 piece away

it's not about asking for less. it's about only settling for the moon. which is why, anyone that deals with ainge will lose. it's smart to avoid him at all costs unless you feel you are that 1 piece away
That is the second missed tool in the negotiators tool-box....get up and leave. You want the best price on a car, for example? 1) do your homework, know what you want and how much it is possible to get it for and set your price, 2) confidently ask for what you want, 3) don't let them go back and forth more than twice before you just get up and walk away. That is the strongest tool you have and Ainge played that part perfectly.

That is the second missed tool in the negotiators tool-box....get up and leave. You want the best price on a car, for example? 1) do your homework, know what you want and how much it is possible to get it for and set your price, 2) confidently ask for what you want, 3) don't let them go back and forth more than twice before you just get up and walk away. That is the strongest tool you have and Ainge played that part perfectly.
i agree that Ainge played it perfectly. I just don't know why anyone trades with him haha

Of all the knee injuries its the least concerning. And he made the smart decision, but it did seemingly cost him in FA. Stoked to have him even though RJ is a better piece for fit and team building. Sexton will be fun as hell and is paid like a great sixth man.