What's new

Woj: Jazz agree to 3-team trade with Lakers and Timberwolves

Ya I dont really like this trade much at all. Oh well.
Tank on!

They're actually going to have to go on a pretty substantial run to even get there. There's just not a lot of games left, nor time to gel. I wouldn't bet on them ending that high.
Hence why a pick swap this year would’ve been a high-end asset as well.

Well, I remember having arguments earlier in the season about whether the jazz intended to tank this season. I think we know now for sure (I mean I was pretty sure all along that the intention was to tank but we surprised everyone including ourselves with how good we started)

In the end I think I said the bare minimum I would do is a pick swap in 2027 and we ended up with a 2027 top-4 protected first. Obviously not on the higher end of what we were throwing out but still good.

In the end I think I said the bare minimum I would do is a pick swap in 2027 and we ended up with a 2027 top-4 protected first. Obviously not on the higher end of what we were throwing out but still good.
Wait, your bare minimum was zero first round picks? Or did we get 2 first round picks and only one is protected?

Watch the Lakers in 2027 be absolutely terrible and deliberately tank the hell out of the season to make the final trade Conley/Beasley/Vanderbilt for a 2nd rounder.

My hell what a stupid *** trade.

I mean before the season most of the board thought we’d have to use assets to get off of Conley’s deal so looks like a win for us.

Watch the Lakers in 2027 be absolutely terrible and deliberately tank the hell out of the season to make the final trade Conley/Beasley/Vanderbilt for a 2nd rounder.

My hell what a stupid *** trade.

I don't think that is likely. When a team owes a top 4 protected pick they aren't likely to play with fire and try to tank that year and risk giving a team a pick in the 5-8 range.