What's new

World is about to end on September 23... again:)

wait, is this today?

what happens if you live on the other side of the international date line?

The all-knowing, all-powerful invisible sky daddy is fully aware of all local times and He will begin the apocalypse accordingly. Do NOT Doubt HIM!

The all-knowing, all-powerful invisible sky daddy is fully aware of all local times and He will begin the apocalypse accordingly. Do NOT Doubt HIM!

well then wouldn't you figure that anyone with at least a pea-sized brain full of logic would stand somewhere with one foot on one side of the date line and the other foot on the other side - that would certainly confound the Great Oz, and if nothing else, one half of your body could watch the other half get raptured.

Has there been a great migration towards some island in the Pacific?

also, there's some fascinating info here:
https://www.timeanddate.com/time/dateline.html

For instance, every day between 10:00 and 11:59 UTC, three different dates on the calendar are in use at the same time on Earth.

and countries have just eliminating dates from the calendar - so after the Republic of Kiribati gained independence from Britain it decided to skip January 1, 1995 in order to reorient its position relative to the date line. Now Kiribati is always the first country to enter the New Year.

And in 2011, in order to have better trade relations with NZ and Australia, Samoa changed its time zone by shifting the dateline removing December 30, 2011 from the calendar.

So perhaps we could avoid all this potential trouble by just removing whatever date is predicted as the Apocalypse. We can always reschedule it later as the 12th of Never. It could sort of be like Leap Year but a little funkier.

Was your garage door open or something?

I never leave my bikes in my garage (when I had a garage). **** was detached and the humidity isn't good for them.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app
Ya it was open for like a half hour in daylight. I usually keep it closed but I was just going in to take a shower and then heading back out. Should have closed it

Not yet but I'm going to. That would be what I would do with the bike if I was the one who stole it.

File a police report first with lots of details. They actually send the report to pawn shops in the area who are supposed to watch for it and report it if it gets brought to their shop.

File a police report first with lots of details. They actually send the report to pawn shops in the area who are supposed to watch for it and report it if it gets brought to their shop.
I filed the report but didn't know about the cooperation between pawn shops and police. That's good to know.

I filed the report but didn't know about the cooperation between pawn shops and police. That's good to know.

The bike that was left was probably just the one they stole before they found yours.

WHEN THE HELL IS IT GOING TO END!!! I HAVE ALL MY GUNS LOADED, I HAVE ALREADY PICKED OUT AN APOCALYPSE WIFE TO ADD AS THE FIRST OF THE HAREM (along with the mrs. of course :))!!!! BRING IT ON!!! DAMMIT UNIVERSE END IT ALREADY YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!

Seems like a lot of hard work, dying would be easier.

Dammit it never happened. Son of a bitch.

WHEN THE HELL IS IT GOING TO END!!! I HAVE ALL MY GUNS LOADED, I HAVE ALREADY PICKED OUT AN APOCALYPSE WIFE TO ADD AS THE FIRST OF THE HAREM (along with the mrs. of course :))!!!! BRING IT ON!!! DAMMIT UNIVERSE END IT ALREADY YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!

Well, Log, from my point of view this kind of outburst pins you as a defiant little poodle yapping at the relief society visiting sisters. "Little man syndrome".

The second wife thing, also, is probably false bravado. No man in his right mind wants anything more than a quiet fishing spot along some mountain stream. Going home to wifey should only be an option if she's in a good mood.

That said, look at all the little detail men/women in here believing some technical point of law will get them off the hook somehow. My grandma taught me when the end would come. She said "when the two sixes come together", possible somehow connected to the two threes thing who knows.

She died in 1966. So she was right. I think it will end pretty much the same way for everybody.

It did not end and won't end for another 5-6 billions of years. Time to move on.

It did not end and won't end for another 5-6 billions of years. Time to move on.

Nah. Odds are over that time period that another world-ending hunk of space rock would strike the earth. We will probably end as a species sometime in the next few thousand years, if not earlier due to some other disaster. Mother nature is a hateful bitch.

There has been very little of value that has happened in my life since the 23rd. The rapture would have been more entertaining.