What's new

Would Jazz be better off?

Jonas would have helped in a couple spots last year but the Jazz made the right long term move in honoring his request to leave. This year neither would help much play or chemistry wise, not just because of what they bring but our roster is great as is-I’m not sure who if anyone is drop to add them.

Jonas would have helped in a couple spots last year but the Jazz made the right long term move in honoring his request to leave.
Do we know this? I’m aware of it being speculated but, as far as I know, it’s been just that. He gave up over $2M for it.

I never said he was a bad player. But yes we hung onto him for too long. DWill/Booze/Memo/AK was a core that got us to a WCF. It was a core that was on the verge of getting us to a Finals. We just needed one or two more pieces (a big who could come off the bench and defend the rim in particular). Milly was redundant with Booze on the team and because of his low cost contract and high production other teams would have jumped at the opportunity to add him. He was a great trade chip just when we needed one because our cap was ******* from the AK deal. If we would have been creative and flipped him for the right pieces we could have been in the finals. But the front office got too attached to him.
They were not on the verge of getting to the finals. The Jazz got a lucky second round matchup in 2007, and then LA and Boston built superteams in the offseason. Timing ****ed the Jazz as much as conservative management.

Millsap probably didn't have the value to return a key piece until Boozer was injured in 2008-09. However, at that point Millsap already looked like the higher impact player. Trading Boozer in the summer of 2009 was the right move.

The Jazz could have gone either way with Millsap in 2013--if I recall correctly, I had a weak preference for keeping Millsap. In retrospect, he would have been a good fit next to Favors at the 5. 6 years later, at 34 Millsap is still leagues better than Exum.

They were not on the verge of getting to the finals. The Jazz got a lucky second round matchup in 2007, and then LA and Boston built superteams in the offseason. Timing ****ed the Jazz as much as conservative management.

Millsap probably didn't have the value to return a key piece until Boozer was injured in 2008-09. However, at that point Millsap already looked like the higher impact player. Trading Boozer in the summer of 2009 was the right move.

The Jazz could have gone either way with Millsap in 2013--if I recall correctly, I had a weak preference for keeping Millsap. In retrospect, he would have been a good fit next to Favors at the 5. 6 years later, at 34 Millsap is still leagues better than Exum.
I think the team could have done better if even only shedding AK and Boozer, even if we didn’t get nearly as much talent in return.

So, you think Exum will become an All-Star? Hard to say in retrospect. At the time, we thought Favors would become an All-Star. Could we have kept them both, maybe.
All-star games are really not how we should judge players. Millsap is one of my favorite Jazz players but he wanted to be a starter. So the Jazz made a decision not to re-sign him. Paul was an all-star in the East, if he had stayed with the Jazz no way he is a 4 time all-star. Like Hayward the Jazz held on to him too long and got nothing for developing him.

Millsap is one of my favorite Jazz players but he wanted to be a starter. So the Jazz made a decision not to re-sign him.
Are you suggesting the Jazz were better off starting Enes Kanter or Marvin Williams next to Favors?

Millsap would have been the Jazz's best player in 2013-14.

If they kept Jonas and Thabo? It certainly would be good for chemistry. For instance, they gave up on Millsap too soon and he turned out to be better than Favors. The issue with them, though, might be age. Still, they would be good vets who can still play at a reasonable cost. Discuss.

Absolutely!!! I spend many nights tossing and turning without sleep thinking about Jonas' lone year he had with the Utah Jazz. I often turn on the Jonas brothers album to really slip deep into thought about it. That single year he played with us, I remember asking myself, "why has this man seen so much pine when his game is strong as hickory!!??". Every game I watched he came off the bench and just made all of the right decisions.
And don't you dare get me started on Thabo!!! Don't you dare!!! Thabo immediately earned my R-E-S-P-E-C-T. You wanna find out what it means to me!?? I'll tell you without asking. That first year we had him, oooohhhhhh baby, there's nothing I love more than a brand new seasoned guy joining the Jazz with a history of injuries and inconsistencies. The second we signed him I honestly thought he was due for a breakout season at 33 years old. Can't believe I was wrong. The second year is what really sold me on him. I thought for sure he was on his way to a year like he had when he was at the peak of his career. You remember?? That year when he stuffed the stat sheet back in 2008-2009. He was only 25 and at the peak of his career, posting a mind boggling 8.5 points per game! But lets not forget about his average of 2 assists and 5 rebounds that year. I was so disappointed when he posted 3.8 PPG, 2.5 RPG and only 0.5 APG. I mean, we never even saw it coming!!!!
But yes, I think getting rid of both of them DOOMED us!!! We would be so much better if we had them instead of garbage like Conley, Bogdanovic, Davis, Mudiay, Green and ya know, the other trash!

Absolutely!!! I spend many nights tossing and turning without sleep thinking about Jonas' lone year he had with the Utah Jazz. I often turn on the Jonas brothers album to really slip deep into thought about it. That single year he played with us, I remember asking myself, "why has this man seen so much pine when his game is strong as hickory!!??". Every game I watched he came off the bench and just made all of the right decisions.
And don't you dare get me started on Thabo!!! Don't you dare!!! Thabo immediately earned my R-E-S-P-E-C-T. You wanna find out what it means to me!?? I'll tell you without asking. That first year we had him, oooohhhhhh baby, there's nothing I love more than a brand new seasoned guy joining the Jazz with a history of injuries and inconsistencies. The second we signed him I honestly thought he was due for a breakout season at 33 years old. Can't believe I was wrong. The second year is what really sold me on him. I thought for sure he was on his way to a year like he had when he was at the peak of his career. You remember?? That year when he stuffed the stat sheet back in 2008-2009. He was only 25 and at the peak of his career, posting a mind boggling 8.5 points per game! But lets not forget about his average of 2 assists and 5 rebounds that year. I was so disappointed when he posted 3.8 PPG, 2.5 RPG and only 0.5 APG. I mean, we never even saw it coming!!!!
But yes, I think getting rid of both of them DOOMED us!!! We would be so much better if we had them instead of garbage like Conley, Bogdanovic, Davis, Mudiay, Green and ya know, the other trash!
Well, two of the guys you compared them with are starters, and possibly a third one. They would be end-of-the-bench players. Why make a false comparison? I was only suggesting that they might've been good role players off the bench. They certainly weren't / aren't garbage though they both, especially Thabo, are at the end of their careers.

Well, two of the guys you compared them with are starters, and possibly a third one. They would be end-of-the-bench players. Why make a false comparison? I was only suggesting that they might've been good role players off the bench. They certainly weren't / aren't garbage though they both, especially Thabo, are at the end of their careers.

What do you mean!!?? I was completely agreeing with you!! I even said that the Jazz are doomed without them! Our bench we replaced them with really sucks!!! Their performance will really be missed!!!