What's new

Would you do 21, a 2019 1st, Burks and Bradley for,

Mitchell is the only untouchable on this team.

It’s hilarious how much you guys overvalue Ingles. 75% of this board thought we overpaid and now he’s close to untouchable. It’s amazing.

I’m just shocked that no one has drafted ingles in the all time nba draft going on right now.

Ingles had a better season last year than Korver's AS season. The East, yada, yada, yada sure, but the spacing alone that Ingles provides oils this offensive machine. Add the intangibles and his point forward capability and his value is much higher than the stat sheet indicates.

Even with all the defensive, offense opening attention he received, he still shot almost 6 threes and dished 4.6 per. Good enough for the girls I go with.

*edit* didn't read your post above first

Ya and Korver was never untouchable. Btw Shooting wise, korver does what ingles did (ingles best year of his career) in his sleep.

Korver has shot over 40% for the year 13 different seasons on lots of attempts per game. Provided hella spacing his entire career. 90% free throw shooter.
He was never close to untouchable. From what I can tell he has changed teams like 9 times.

Ingles is a better passer and defender and ball handler though.

Almost no one in the league is as deadly as korver from deep though. He provides all teh spacing.

Cuz Korver is a selfish prick.
When Jazz were chasing a playoff spot and needed his shooting, he passed up shots to protect his record - and admitted he did so. Sorry, can't support a player like that. Not a leader. I agree about the shooting, although GS sure contained him.

Cuz Korver is a selfish prick.
When Jazz were chasing a playoff spot and needed his shooting, he passed up shots to protect his record - and admitted he did so. Sorry, can't support a player like that. Not a leader. I agree about the shooting, although GS sure contained him.
"Selfish prick"?

You are insane.

Ya and Korver was never untouchable. Btw Shooting wise, korver does what ingles did (ingles best year of his career) in his sleep.

Korver has shot over 40% for the year 13 different seasons on lots of attempts per game. Provided hella spacing his entire career. 90% free throw shooter.
He was never close to untouchable. From what I can tell he has changed teams like 9 times.

Almost no one in the league is as deadly as korver from deep though. He provides all teh spacing.
You mentioned it already, but Korver is a substantially less complete player than Ingles. They really aren't comparable except that they are both good shooters.

Sounds like a better in person discussion if ya know what I mean. We aren't disagreeing on anything yet, and nobody is arguing untouchable without solid cavests. One with Korver would have been his age at contract signings and iffiness ot him keeping it up. That was a concern back then.

Korver revolutionized offensive schemes like Peja did when he and Bibby and Vlade and that other ******* guard terrorised SnM. Nellie ball could be countered then but it can't be today. GM's #tooknote

My problem with trading him for a lotto and sucking in a huge contract is the same I had with not trading down from Kancer, Exum, Burks, the Burke ordeal, etc. I'll leave it up to DL to pick a winner in that decision.

I have even seen it recently in the Leonard discussion about how they wouldn’t want him cause he quit on his team.

I was one of those people who said that. To be fair I said it in response to the idea that we should trade Rudy Gobert plus other stuff for Kawhi. No I wouldn't do that deal. Makes no sense to trade a star who openly wants to be here for one who quit on his team and wouldn't want to be here because it's a small market.

Mitchell and Rudy are basically untouchable. Anyone else could be traded for the right price.

So what would you call a player whose role was to score off the bench, but instead he puts a personal record over the success of the team, jeopardizing a playoff berth? I call that pretty selfish.
I call it you have wildly unreasonable expectations of human beings and you moralize **** that has no business being moralized.

I'm sure the Millers haven't been able to sleep since Korver may or may not have swung a few regular season games eight years ago. It sounds like it keeps you up at night. For some reason.

Fish mate saying Ingles is a better passer and defender and ball handler is like saying Rudy is a better defender, rebounder and rim roller than ALex Len

So let's put it this way - Ingles is not untouchable. However, we aren't trading Ingles, Gobert, Mitchell or Rubio this offseason. I highly doubt we trade Royce or Crowder either.

Our assets lie in #21, a ton of expirings, Burks, a little bit of cap space come July 6, Bradley (if our FO is okay trading him) and our 2019 1st.

I call it you have wildly unreasonable expectations of human beings and you moralize **** that has no business being moralized.

Not to mention that passing up that shot for a record might be b.s. But let's look at all the stats padding superstars, and those who leave for rings. Listen to Shaq and Barkley talk about how players should stay - both chased rings and now realize how bad a decision that is. That's no different from what KK may or may have not done, or what G League players do.

I would love to have Korver on our bench. I always liked him and I think his defense is under-rated. He may be losing a step as he ages but I would be really happy to add him to the bench crew.

I would love to have Korver on our bench. I always liked him and I think his defense is under-rated. He may be losing a step as he ages but I would be really happy to add him to the bench crew.

Agreed

I have the trade that works for 3 teams:

Washington gets Jerekbo, Udoh and #21
Memphis gets Gortat, Burks, #15 and our 2019 1st
We get #4 and Parsons

Why for Wiz: they save $5.5 million which is what they want.

Why for Griz: dropping 11 spots to dump Parsons, gain two better players, pick up a 1st in 2019, and gain $25 million in 2019 space is worth it.

Why for us: we go get Doncic if he is still there. He becomes a pillar of our future championship foundation.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app