What's new

Would you do 21, a 2019 1st, Burks and Bradley for,

He doesn't have to get too physical and doesn't make explosive plays that stress the joints and place your body at high injury risk. He has a great shot at holding up for several years.
His entire game is predicated on shooting, passing, feel, and craftiness. Those skills only get stronger.

Yeah, he'll lose speed over time, but he's already loaded with craft that mitigates that which he lacks.

Mitchell is completely untouchable. I don't care who you want to send me, I wouldn't trade him.

Gobert and Ingles have a ton more value to us than to other teams so I would list them as close to untouchable as you can get.

Royce and Rubio are the next level. Great fits. Mitchell (our only true untouchable) loves both of them so I don't want to start shedding his guys for unproven talent.

Crowder is in the "would rather keep than trade away" group (him, #21 and 2019 1st). I would trade them for the right price.

Mitchell is the only untouchable on this team.

It’s hilarious how much you guys overvalue Ingles. 75% of this board thought we overpaid and now he’s close to untouchable. It’s amazing.

Are there any vets, like Iggy and Joe Johnson were 4-5 years ago, who’d once been #1’s on teams (they were 20/5/5 guys basicallly iirc) but best days are behind them, as they cross 30 years of age, and perhaps now crave a ring but won’t settle for some 5M a year offer that super teams can only afford to offer them?

Conley makes too much. Marc Gasol isn’t a position of need. Anyone else in this mold who may want to join us in a year or so?

Are there any vets, like Iggy and Joe Johnson were 4-5 years ago, who’d once been #1’s on teams (they were 20/5/5 guys basicallly iirc) but best days are behind them, as they cross 30 years of age, and perhaps now crave a ring but won’t settle for some 5M a year offer that super teams can only afford to offer them?

Conley makes too much. Marc Gasol isn’t a position of need. Anyone else in this mold who may want to join us in a year or so?
Bosh.

Mitchell is the only untouchable on this team.

It’s hilarious how much you guys overvalue Ingles. 75% of this board thought we overpaid and now he’s close to untouchable. It’s amazing.
It is amazing. That's credit to him, because he's a really, really good ****ing player and one of the pillars of the locker room and arguably the most important piece in making all of the other pieces work and work together. He also doesn't miss games. I'm not sure there's a better glue guy in the league. Maybe Iguodala?

Last edited:
Interesting.

Anyone else?
Lopez.
Vince Carter.
Isaiah Thomas.
Dwyane Wade.
Jason Terry.
David West.
Richard Jefferson.
Jameer Nelson.
Ty Lawson.
Derrick Rose.
DWill.

Not necessarily advocating any of them.

Lopez.
Vince Carter.
Isaiah Thomas.
Dwyane Wade.
Jason Terry.
David West.
Richard Jefferson.
Jameer Nelson.
Ty Lawson.
Derrick Rose.
DWill.

I wouldn't be mad if the Jazz had Vince Carter.

It is amazing. That's credit to him, because he's a really, really good ****ing player and one of the pillars of the locker room and pieces that makes this team work on the floor as well.

100% agree and I don’t think he’d be as good of a player elsewhere. I love Ingles but no to the point to where I wouldn’t trade him for anybody but a top-10 player. That’s just silly.

The way DL planned out his contract was a masterpiece though. Since they front-loaded it he’s gonna go from 13M to 11.9M to 10.8M the next three years.

Very good contract especially compared to some of the **** ones around the league like Parsons who’s set to make 24M and 25M the next two seasons, Deng who’s set to make 18M and 18.8M, Marvin Williams who’s set to make 14M and 15M, etc. I could go on forever but Ingles is much better than any of those guys and makes almost half because it was such a good deal.

Lopez.
Vince Carter.
Isaiah Thomas.
Dwyane Wade.
Jason Terry.
David West.
Richard Jefferson.
Jameer Nelson.
Ty Lawson.
Derrick Rose.
DWill.

None of those guys is in the stage of their careers Iggy or JJ was 4-5 years ago and can be counted on to really contribute. Maybe IT I guess.

I wouldn't be mad if the Jazz had Vince Carter.
Me either, but he has been horribly inefficient the past few years. Could be worse, but could also prevent another Royce from coming up (who will be miles ahead of him next year, btw).

I might be nuts, but if Lopez somehow gets frozen out in FA and could be had for cheap... I think that would be really intriguing. Could maybe even play him next to Gobert for some minutes as he is a respectable shooter (although I would see him more as some punch off the bench and a piece that could become a trade asset in the right scenario).

Who would do Burks and 21 for Harrison Barnes?

I don’t think they would but Cuban is all about tanking so who knows.