What's new

Would you do 21, a 2019 1st, Burks and Bradley for,

I may be in the minority but I don’t think we’re attracting Paul George or any other top tier free agent this year or next. Knowing that and that we likely need to nail the draft again to get another stud to maybe take the next leap, I find this an interesting option.

Not the minority, wishful thinkers club.

For those complaining about Parson's toxic contract, if DL believes in a player at 4 then you average the salaries between the two and pretend Parsons only costs you 15 for 2, then you get a huge discount for the next 5 seasons over a 7 year vet all star.

Plus you reopen cap space for DM if he isnt Monta 2.0.

Heretic^

I don't think Parsons is toxic, but there are more teams who simply cant trade for Parsons to get #4 than teams that can. There is a major lack of big expiring in 2019 contracts.

We have to go after this if its available. Could be the piece to a championship puzzle.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Here’s one:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ydxgvdtd

Ignore it saying the trade doesn’t work because it’s not counting the unguaranteeds. If those are guaranteed it works.

Boston gets KL

SA gets Brown, Bradley, Burks, Jazz 21

Memphis gets Hayward

Utah gets #4 and Parsons

You’d have some other draft picks headed different directions.
I actually think the fundamentals of this are the best proposal I've seen. Memphis and Utah's strengths are rather similar, as is their roster balance, so I think at least one more team would have to be included. Boston needs to match salary, they would be fools to not try to go after Kawhi (although I think they're giving too much if he's not signing an extension).

Do you think DL would do an ingles for curry trade?
Now you're being a jackass just for the hell of it. The original post was about trading "potential" for Jingles. The #5 pick IIRC. And that would likely be JJJ or MP since they aren't drafting Bamab with Gobert as the starter.

Now you throw out trading Jingles for a perennial MVP candidate. That's just stupid to ask.

Ingles for Curry, Durant, Thompson, Lebron, Harden, CP3, AD, Giannis, Lillard. Probably Westbrook, but I hate his game and think he'd be a horrible fit. Have I missed anyone? Likely a few others but I'm not going to waste time thinking about it. Oh yeah, Porzingis comes to mind. God. But since none of those have a chance in hell of happening, Jingles is pretty much untouchable, yes.

Last edited:
Now you're being a jackass just for the hell of it. The original post was about trading "potential" for Jingles. The #5 pick IIRC. And that would likely be JJJ or MP since they aren't drafting Bamab with Gobert as the starter.

Now you throw out trading Jingles for a perennial MVP candidate. That's just stupid to ask.

The fact that you wouldn’t trade Ingles for JJJ, MP, or a chance at Doncic shows you’re very out of touch with reality.

Ingles for Curry, Durant, Thompson, Lebron, Harden, CP3. Probably Westbrook, but I hate his game and think he'd be a horrible fit. Have I missed anyone? Probably a few others. Porzingis comes to mind. God. But since none of those have a chance in hell of happening, Jingles is pretty much untouchable, yes.

Pretty much untouchable??? Lmao

Dude are you serious right now?

I actually think the fundamentals of this are the best proposal I've seen. Memphis and Utah's strengths are rather similar, as is their roster balance, so I think at least one more team would have to be included. Boston needs to match salary, they would be fools to not try to go after Kawhi (although I think they're giving too much if he's not signing an extension).

It seems intriguing at first glance. But it fails the first test of any multi-team trade. If Boston is giving up Hayward and Brown and receiving KL, why wouldn't SA simply take those two back (and make it a two-team trade)? Even if salary needs to be added around the edges somewhere, wouldn't SA prefer Hayward over the pupu platter of Burks, Bradley and our pick?

Ingles for Curry, Durant, Thompson, Lebron, Harden, CP3, AD, Giannis, Lillard. Probably Westbrook, but I hate his game and think he'd be a horrible fit. Have I missed anyone? Likely a few others but I'm not going to waste time thinking about it. Oh yeah, Porzingis comes to mind. God. But since none of those have a chance in hell of happening, Jingles is pretty much untouchable, yes.

Just checking to see if you had lost your mind or not. By the extreme overreaction of your response, I’m still not quite sure.

It seems intriguing at first glance. But it fails the first test of any multi-team trade. If Boston is giving up Hayward and Brown and receiving KL, why wouldn't SA simply take those two back (and make it a two-team trade)? Even if salary needs to be added around the edges somewhere, wouldn't SA prefer Hayward over the pupu platter of Burks, Bradley and our pick?
Ok. Send Tomic to SA.

Pretty much untouchable??? Lmao

Dude are you serious right now?

I’m with ya.
Joe is a very good 30 year old 3 and D glue guy who had career highs last year of 11.5 points (on good shooting percentages), 5 assists and 4 rebounds.
He has lots of great intangibles and is on a good contract.

I love jingles. We all do. But untouchable? Nah.

I saw someone recently saying that Royce O’Neal was untouchable as well.

Jazz fans make me laugh sometimes.
I have argued with jazz fans over the years when I have said I would want guys like harden, cp3, Lebron, Westbrook, and many more all star players because many jazz fans just see hardens lack of defense, Westbrook’s attitude, cp3’s whinyness, and they worry that Lebron would dominate the ball too much. I have even seen it recently in the Leonard discussion about how they wouldn’t want him cause he quit on his team.

But jingles and Royce are untouchable to these same fans.

Mitchell is completely untouchable. I don't care who you want to send me, I wouldn't trade him.

Gobert and Ingles have a ton more value to us than to other teams so I would list them as close to untouchable as you can get.

Royce and Rubio are the next level. Great fits. Mitchell (our only true untouchable) loves both of them so I don't want to start shedding his guys for unproven talent.

Crowder is in the "would rather keep than trade away" group (him, #21 and 2019 1st). I would trade them for the right price.

Next to joe ingles anyway

Ingles had a better season last year than Korver's AS season. The East, yada, yada, yada sure, but the spacing alone that Ingles provides oils this offensive machine. Add the intangibles and his point forward capability and his value is much higher than the stat sheet indicates.

Even with all the defensive, offense opening attention he received, he still shot almost 6 threes and dished 4.6 per. Good enough for the girls I go with.

*edit* didn't read your post above first

Here’s one:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ydxgvdtd

Ignore it saying the trade doesn’t work because it’s not counting the unguaranteeds. If those are guaranteed it works.

Boston gets KL

SA gets Brown, Bradley, Burks, Jazz 21

Memphis gets Hayward

Utah gets #4 and Parsons

You’d have some other draft picks headed different directions.

This only works IMO if SAS at minimum gets all 3 protected firsts Boston is owed and then another from Memphis, unprotected. Memphis and Boston are making out like bandits in your proposal, but I think there are enough assets all around to make it work. That sacramento/Phili pick top 1 protected has value but Boston's others, the rest not so much.

If SAS could subsequently move LMA for picks and tank it makes sense for them.

Memphis is a no brainer.

Utah is paying less than $14 in salary differential for Parsons. The guy has some value and they could buy out his final year for maybe $15 million or less. Parsons would welcome the opportunity to secure another long term deal elsewhere.

Boston gets a top 5, two way player and rules the east for years.

Ingles had a better season last year than Korver's AS season. The East, yada, yada, yada sure, but the spacing alone that Ingles provides oils this offensive machine. Add the intangibles and his point forward capability and his value is much higher than the stat sheet indicates.

Even with all the defensive, offense opening attention he received, he still shot almost 6 threes and dished 4.6 per. Good enough for the girls I go with.

*edit* didn't read your post above first
This. If you add his leadership and defense to his 3Pt shooting and playmaking, he's a bargain at what he makes. Trade him and the repercussions go way beyond just the face value of the trade. That's why I say he's virtually untouchable. Of course, no one truly is, not even Donovan. If GS sent us Curry and Durant for Mitchell and the 21st, would Donovan be "untouchable?" Doubtful.