What's new

Would you do 21, a 2019 1st, Burks and Bradley for,

Burks showed against Houston that he can play. If he wasn't in Quin's doghouse.... At Memphis, Burks might emerge. You never know. Tyreke saved his career there.

At the end of the day, saving Memphis $25 million of bad money for 2019 is a massive asset. Massive. Thats worth a 1st, #21 is a first our 2019 is a 1st, and Bradley was a 1st just last year.

4 1st rounders for #4 is pretty fair. On top of that, Burks, Jerekbo, and Udoh are all as good as Parsons.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I would make the deal in a heartbeat but I wouldn't give up Ingles. I would include the 21st pick, a future first round pick and any combination of players that doesn't include Mitchell, Gobert or Ingles.

Yes. Duh.
Memphis won’t do it.

If they want Royce then so be it. Ingles? not so much.

Ya, I would probably do ingles also but it would be a tough decision.
Royce? Hell ya, no doubt.
I lol’d when someone called Royce untouchable.

I know this is a business, but I think Lindsey is going to be very careful in who he considers trading. Ingles is a team leader; he's one of the best 3pt shooters in the league, a commodity that is in short supply on the Jazz. He's been loyal to the Jazz and I think the Jazz show the same loyalty in return.

Memphis is trying to get rid of Parsons and they are trying to get the best offer in return. Our offer is fair without Crowder but should get the job done with Crowder.

There are simply no "great" players available on teams who would take Parsons' contract back.

Think about the Spurs. They would laugh at #4 and Parsons for Kawhi because Parsons is that bad and that bad of a value. Jimmy Butler is the same thing. Minnesota will go way in the luxury for a scrub and #4 for Butler. Not worth it.

We can do Parsons for these reasons:
Mitchell on a cheap rookie deal
O'Neale makes $1.5ish
Many teams play one player $30+. We would pay our star Mitchell, 6th man O'Neale and worthless Parsons less than $30 combined.

Let’s take it a step further as I think most of us don’t think the Grizz would do it.

What about 21, 2019 1st, 2021 1st, Burks, Crowder for

Parsons and 4?

Too much for me. I can dump next year but not 3 years away. Too much risk.

Burks, Jonas, Udoh, Bradley, #21 and 2019 1st for Parsons and #4 is fair. I doubt they get a much better offer for #4 AND Parsons.

Let’s take it a step further as I think most of us don’t think the Grizz would do it.

What about 21, 2019 1st, 2021 1st, Burks, Crowder for

Parsons and 4?

That’s a tough one for me. Which makes me think it’s more fair.
I think I might actually turn that one down. And I really value that #4.

Actually, I do it. I’m expecting the 19 and 22 picks to be in he mid 20’s.

So it’s basically picks 21, 25, 27 or something like that and Burks (who most badly want gone) and crowder who didn’t look very good last year for #4 in what I hear is a pretty loaded draft.

Rubio
Mitchell
Ingles
Best power forward in this draft (whoever that is)
Gobert

Decent bench with X, Neto, Royce, Bradley, jerebko, thabo, udoh and Parsons who might get back close to what he was..... which would be a pretty good bench player.

Last edited:
So, the line for most of you between real contender and pretender is Joe Ingles.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JazzFanz mobile app
3 and D guys are hard to find. 3 and D guys who also make plays for others and pass? Very Hard. I'm not convinced #4 ends up better than Ingles, You'd better be damn sure before trading him, because he is a key part of the Jazz. And Yes a guy like Ingles helped make SA relevant for years, without their Ingles I'm not sure they win even 2 titles.

3 and D guys are hard to find. 3 and D guys who also make plays for others and pass? Very Hard. I'm not convinced #4 ends up better than Ingles, You'd better be damn sure before trading him, because he is a key part of the Jazz. And Yes a guy like Ingles helped make SA relevant for years, without their Ingles I'm not sure they win even 2 titles.

Who is the spurs guy you speak of? Don’t tell me you are putting ingles on the same level as ginobli. I love ingles but he won’t be in the hall of fame. Ginobli is a lock.

Maybe you meant Bowen? I don’t think he kept SA relevant for years though.

Who is the spurs guy you speak of? Don’t tell me you are putting ingles on the same level as ginobli. I love ingles but he won’t be in the hall of fame. Ginobli is a lock.

Maybe you meant Bowen? I don’t think he kept SA relevant for years though.
I did mean Ginobili. I realize that he did it for far longer and started a lot younger than Ingles. I realize he's better than Ingles but they have a lot of similarities in the way they affect the games when they are playing. I didn't intend to say they are on the same level (though it did sound like that). But Ingles can be a glue guy and makes the team better when on the floor.