What's new

Would you do 21, a 2019 1st, Burks and Bradley for,

What if Doncic is there?
I couldnt pull the trigger personally but I wouldnt be too upset if someone else did.

I also dont think Ingles makes the Grizzlies a playoff team either. I'm not sure how he would look outside of Utah. I think the Grizzlies need to get someone who can put up 20 a game.

I couldnt pull the trigger personally but I wouldnt be too upset if someone else did.

I also dont think Ingles makes the Grizzlies a playoff team either. I'm not sure how he would look outside of Utah. I think the Grizzlies need to get someone who can put up 20 a game.
That’d be Burks. He averaged 7.7 PPG in 16.5 MPG this year. They just need to play him 43 MPG and they’ve got their 20 PPG guy.

If there is some way to do it without losing the true core of this team (Mitchell/Gobert/Ingles), you have to do it. I love Crowder, Royce, 1sts, and flexibility, but this is a move that moves you up a tier if the guy you pick at 4 hits.

Another thing to consider is when Parson's deal sheds from the books, you could realistically have a contender already built AND a max cap slot in 2020.

If there is some way to do it without losing the true core of this team (Mitchell/Gobert/Ingles), you have to do it. I love Crowder, Royce, 1sts, and flexibility, but this is a move that moves you up a tier if the guy you pick at 4 hits.

Another thing to consider is when Parson's deal sheds from the books, you could realistically have a contender already built AND a max cap slot in 2020.
(Unfortunately, there's only one player I'd want to spend that on [Anthony Davis]).

I'd like to see the Jazz take some risks like this. Maybe Parsons bounces back and becomes our stretch 4 of the future? If not, you could always stretch provision him in a year and still have the cap space needed to go after someone else.

yes i would do this in a heart beat. Can't the Jazz file for a medical exemption if Parson doesn't play. Insurance pays for about 80 percent of his salary or something. Not sure this is true just remembering that in the past this was done. It screws with our cap for two years but are the Jazz really going to sign a big free agent in 2019. This could be the chance to get the final puzzle for a championship team.

Memphis might be in a win now mentality. They might want to try to sign some free agents on the market. They would want Ingles as the shooter back and maybe someone else. Then they would go out and sign someone else for their run.

We do it because we want the 4th pick to grow with our young core of Exum, Mitchell, and Gobert. Ingles is a fine player but he isn't young. We can try Parsons as a stretch 4. If we get nothing from him we are still fine because we get the 4th pick.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JazzFanz mobile app

Gobert, Ingles, and Mitchell are off limits. O'Neale and Rubio should be too. Crowder is doubtful as well.

Memphis is old and know that one young prospect wont change their upcoming fate as bottom dwellers for a while. Remember, they don't even have their 1st for next year.

Memphis has zero quality depth. Getting Burks, Jerekbo, Udoh, Bradley and #21 for less than what Parsons makes is much more win now than #4. And they get $25 million to spend next summer. That's huge.

Burks, Jerekbo, Udoh, Bradley, #21 and our 2019 1st is a fair offer for Parsons and #4.

I like our chances of drafting a future star at #4 than adding a star in free agency in 2019.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
I agree the 1st three are virtually untouchable. O'neal is not, Rubio would need to be a pretty good deal but I don't think he's untouchable. Crowder I like but he is not untouchable.

For those immediately shutting this down, you don't know anything for sure. Parsons is the worst contract in the NBA. The worst. You dont shed that and get some incredible player in the process.

Our offer is good because we can send a number of decent players on expiring deals. Most other expendable contracts are not expirings.

Memphis wants to do their best by Gasol, Conley and company. Burks, Jerekbo, Udoh and Bradley make $19 million combined whereas Parsons is set to make $24. If Memphis doesn't love a prospect and wants to shed money asap, we can give them a good deal here.

We add Crowder if we have to.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

The Jazz are not winning the 4th pick sweepstakes without sending back a rotation player. Not happening.

You are naive to think we can send a bunch of our fringe players to get the 4th pick. Sorry, but Ingles isn't a key to our future. He is a great role player and glue guy. But, if you have a chance at a difference maker for a role player. You always role the dice.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JazzFanz mobile app