What's new

Would you do 21, a 2019 1st, Burks and Bradley for,

I did mean Ginobili. I realize that he did it for far longer and started a lot younger than Ingles. I realize he's better than Ingles but they have a lot of similarities in the way they affect the games when they are playing. I didn't intend to say they are on the same level (though it did sound like that). But Ingles can be a glue guy and makes the team better when on the floor.

Ya I agree. Both are pretty special to their teams.

How about if they wanted Ingles?

Burks+ Ingles+ 21 + Tony Bradley for #4 and Parsons?

Ingles is one of those guys that is more valuable to us than other teams. I think I’d do the deal but I might legit cry because Joe is the Goat... I don’t think it moves the needle a ton for them.

So, you are all saying that we can develop a undrafted guy that didnt make the Clippers squad. But, the number 4 player in a loaded draft we can't develop?

He is where I differ from the crowd. You guys keep falling in love with ok players. That is fine if you are willing to stay mediocre until we magically land a FA. Or we swing for the fences. Getting the 4th pick as if we tanked. Losing Ingles who is a fine player. But, not a piece of the real title contending core.

Sometime you have to make sacrifices or else you end up getting forced into losing top players.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JazzFanz mobile app

Ingles was invisible through most of the playoffs. Burks was the one who could break down a defense. I'm willing to move Burks. But, his value isn't as high as Ingles. Time to be a grown up team make some difficult moves today for a brighter future.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JazzFanz mobile app

Parsons contract is so toxic the deal would have to be #4 and Parsons for Burks + filler. If we are taking Parsons then they have to put up the assets.

Nope.
Parsons makes 24.107M. 4th pick is 3.817M. That’s 27.924M.

We would send Burks’ 11.286M, Bradley’s 1.679M, and 21’s 1.338M which is 14.303M. I’m not sure how they’d figure in next year’s 1st as we don’t know what pick that would be.

So yeah, we’d be taking back 13.621M which I think is 2M more than we can absorb.

Again, I’m not sure how the 2019 1st would figure into the numbers, if at all. I’m wondering if we could have a deal in principle (the Celts did this iirc in acquiring Ray Allen that year) on draft night, and then come July 1st, pick up someone’s option (Sef, Udoh, whoever) and include them in the deal to make the numbers work.

But if I’m the Grizz. I don’t do this. I just draft JJJ, and if they suck, try to trade Conley and/or Gasol by the deadline.

Since we are over the cap and the trade is done this year, we need to come within $5 million of the salary we are receving. Burks and Bradley is not enough. #4 does not count against the cap until July 1st.

Ingles was invisible through most of the playoffs. Burks was the one who could break down a defense. I'm willing to move Burks. But, his value isn't as high as Ingles. Time to be a grown up team make some difficult moves today for a brighter future.

You've got to be kidding me! If you don't like Ingles that's fine but to say he was invisible through most of the playoffs is just a flat out lie. Ingles was fantastic in the playoffs, quite possibly our 2nd best player. He was our second leading scorer, shot 47% and I believe he led league in post season 3 point percentage at close to 46%. Also, no wonder your willing to move Burks, EVERYONE is willing to move Burks. When the team is healthy he isn't even in the rotation. The Jazz have been looking to trade him the past couple of seasons but nobody wants him.

You've got to be kidding me! If you don't like Ingles that's fine but to say he was invisible through most of the playoffs is just a flat out lie. Ingles was fantastic in the playoffs, quite possibly our 2nd best player. He was our second leading scorer, shot 47% and I believe he led league in post season 3 point percentage at close to 46%. Also, no wonder your willing to move Burks, EVERYONE is willing to move Burks. When the team is healthy he isn't even in the rotation. The Jazz have been looking to trade him the past couple of seasons but nobody wants him.

Ingles went 7-9 from three the game we beat Houston.

#4 in this draft has the potential to be a star. I would include anyone but Gobert or Mitchell in that deal
Ingles is untouchable. He's the heart of the team. The one thing you DON'T want to show Donovan is that the FO has no loyalty; that Utah is just like every other 29 teams in the league. Yes, there will be roster turnover. Maybe some guys leave of their own accord. But the team chemistry was perhaps the strongest the Jazz have ever had. Have to think long and hard before blowing that apart for "potential." Also setting the Jazz back a few years in terms of maximum competitiveness while that potential develops. Would JJJ, for example, be able to step in right away and have the impact Donovan did. Few rookies could.

Some of you are underestimating how bad the Parsons contract is.

Think about it, if you stretch it this year, it costs you $10 million a year of wasted money for 5 years. If you stretch it next year, its $8 million a year of wasted money for 3 years. He represents 25% of the salary cap. The contract is really, really bad. Houston cant dump Anderson, and Anderson makes $4 million less per year than this contract.

If we wanted #4, we don't have to give up Ingles. We shouldn't anyway.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Here’s one:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ydxgvdtd

Ignore it saying the trade doesn’t work because it’s not counting the unguaranteeds. If those are guaranteed it works.

Boston gets KL

SA gets Brown, Bradley, Burks, Jazz 21

Memphis gets Hayward

Utah gets #4 and Parsons

You’d have some other draft picks headed different directions.

Think about it, if you stretch it this year, it costs you $10 million a year of wasted money for 5 years. If you stretch it next year, its $8 million a year of wasted money for 3 years. He represents 25% of the salary cap. The contract is really, really bad. Houston cant dump Anderson, and Anderson makes $4 million less per year than this contract.

I don't think the Jazz would be allowed to stretch it anyway.

But two years at $25M is worth it if you can acquire that 3rd star. Aren't we talking about Thompson, Butler, Middleton, etc. in 2019 who would cost more than that (and all whom I don't think Utah has a chance in hell of signing)? So you get that 3rd piece (likely JJJ or Porter, outside chance at Doncic) on a rookie contract for 4 years and who you control for another 3-4. And you just pay the $25M for Chandler's contract for 2 years.

Here’s one:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ydxgvdtd

Ignore it saying the trade doesn’t work because it’s not counting the unguaranteeds. If those are guaranteed it works.

Boston gets KL

SA gets Brown, Bradley, Burks, Jazz 21

Memphis gets Hayward

Utah gets #4 and Parsons

You’d have some other draft picks headed different directions.
I like this, although I think SA will need more. Utah includes next year's #1 pick, lottery-protected. Maybe Boston has to include a pick (otherwise SA just tells them Lakers are on line 2).

Ingles is untouchable. He's the heart of the team. The one thing you DON'T want to show Donovan is that the FO has no loyalty; that Utah is just like every other 29 teams in the league. Yes, there will be roster turnover. Maybe some guys leave of their own accord. But the team chemistry was perhaps the strongest the Jazz have ever had. Have to think long and hard before blowing that apart for "potential." Also setting the Jazz back a few years in terms of maximum competitiveness while that potential develops. Would JJJ, for example, be able to step in right away and have the impact Donovan did. Few rookies could.

Lol let’s not kid ourselves. I’d trade Ingles for a top-5 pick without any hesitation. We won’t have to worry about that though because nobody will want Ingles as a deal-breaker.

It's bad but he also had a sneaky respectable year last year. He seems to have recovered from his injuries (meniscus tear). He could help us out in a position of need (the 3/4). If he earns 10 of that 20 million a year with his play on court, not so bad.