What's new

Would you do 21, a 2019 1st, Burks and Bradley for,

Hypothetical question. Suppose Memphis wanted Gobert and Doncic was there. Does Utah do Parsons, 4, and a future lotto-protected 1st for Gobs?
Oh-Wait-Your-Serious-Let-Me-Laugh-Even-Harder-On-Futurama.gif

I'd definitely do it if Doncic was there. Even if it was for Ingles. If the development goes right, Luka would even be better then Ingles and Haywood. For Ingles, not Rudy btw. lol

For Dončić, I'd do just about anything. How often does a player come along where you can say that in a loaded draft, he might both have the biggest upside and the biggest ability to contribute right now?

Gobert, Ingles, and Mitchell are off limits. O'Neale and Rubio should be too. Crowder is doubtful as well.

Memphis is old and know that one young prospect wont change their upcoming fate as bottom dwellers for a while. Remember, they don't even have their 1st for next year.

Memphis has zero quality depth. Getting Burks, Jerekbo, Udoh, Bradley and #21 for less than what Parsons makes is much more win now than #4. And they get $25 million to spend next summer. That's huge.

Burks, Jerekbo, Udoh, Bradley, #21 and our 2019 1st is a fair offer for Parsons and #4.

I like our chances of drafting a future star at #4 than adding a star in free agency in 2019.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Gobert, Ingles, and Mitchell are off limits. O'Neale and Rubio should be too. Crowder is doubtful as well.

Memphis is old and know that one young prospect wont change their upcoming fate as bottom dwellers for a while. Remember, they don't even have their 1st for next year.

Memphis has zero quality depth. Getting Burks, Jerekbo, Udoh, Bradley and #21 for less than what Parsons makes is much more win now than #4. And they get $25 million to spend next summer. That's huge.

Burks, Jerekbo, Udoh, Bradley, #21 and our 2019 1st is a fair offer for Parsons and #4.

I like our chances of drafting a future star at #4 than adding a star in free agency in 2019.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Parsons kills our cap in 2019. Burks and the Ungs were all expiring and part of that 59m bonanza we were to have. The Jazz will look to extend Rubio as well, which would pretty much do it. That said, I still do that trade in a friggin' heartbeat if that's what Memphis wanted and Doncic is there.

It would have to be Ingles and Thabo, where we pick up his option, to match salaries. I would hate to lose Ingles, but getting a young potencial core player could be what elevates us into contender status in a couple of years.

Parsons makes 24.107M. 4th pick is 3.817M. That’s 27.924M.

We would send Burks’ 11.286M, Bradley’s 1.679M, and 21’s 1.338M which is 14.303M. I’m not sure how they’d figure in next year’s 1st as we don’t know what pick that would be.

So yeah, we’d be taking back 13.621M which I think is 2M more than we can absorb.

Again, I’m not sure how the 2019 1st would figure into the numbers, if at all. I’m wondering if we could have a deal in principle (the Celts did this iirc in acquiring Ray Allen that year) on draft night, and then come July 1st, pick up someone’s option (Sef, Udoh, whoever) and include them in the deal to make the numbers work.

But if I’m the Grizz. I don’t do this. I just draft JJJ, and if they suck, try to trade Conley and/or Gasol by the deadline.

I’d do the trade in the OP... if they prefer Crowder to thabo or AB they can have that. If Luka was there they’d be crazy to do it.

I’d do the trade in the OP... if they prefer Crowder to thabo or AB they can have that. If Luka was there they’d be crazy to do it.

Or JJJ or Bamba too imo. If I’m them, I roll the dice and pray Parsons is healthy (lol) and go for 50-55 (I know. Lol) wins and a solid season. When that doesn’t happen, blow it up. But they need legit young talent.

Burks+Bradley don't come close to being enough price wise to match on Parsons contract. You have to put in more player pieces.

Burks, Crowder, the 21st and next year's first?
If Doncic and JJJ are gone, would MP be worth ghe risk?

Last edited:
And they would never do this. If you are trading the 4th pick in a good draft, you are getting back a high caliber player, even if you are dumping a contract. THere are plenty of ****** teams with a better player to give up than Alec Burks who would do this trade.

Wes really lopo'd this one.

Chandler Parsons and the 4th pick?

If Doncic is there? What if Bagley is there? JJJ?

I may be in the minority but I don’t think we’re attracting Paul George or any other top tier free agent this year or next. Knowing that and that we likely need to nail the draft again to get another stud to maybe take the next leap, I find this an interesting option.

Now, I don’t know if the Grizz would even want to do it. I think they could find a superior package. However, that doesn’t mean those other options would want to pull the trigger and the window for Gasol and Conley doing anything respectable in the playoffs is just about closed so they need to make a move now and if nothing else is on the table, they may accept that deal from us.

Would you do it though?
Yes.

JJJ or Doncic will probably be there, would be just fine with Bagley.

I think you have to absorb the whole deal outright if you're not sending a real player back. Otherwise, you're sending Ingles to match the salary along with probably Royce.

This all seems like a pipe dream, though. The Grizzlies would have to be nuts to consider anything along these lines after the horrible tank job they pulled last year.

Burks, Crowder, the 21st and next year's first?
If Doncic and JJJ are gone, would MP be worth ghe risk?
Yeah, it would have to be something like that. Probably Thabo or Jerebko too. Still though, I dont see that being enough. It's a lot of nice/ok pieces, but nothing that is really going to put Memphis over the top and guarantee them a playoff spot.

The whole reason Memphis would do this trade is to make the playoffs, so if at the end of any trade you make for Memphis, just ask yourself if you think that team is going to make the playoffs. Do Burks/Crowder/Thabo really add that many wins? I don't think so.

Yeah, it would have to be something like that. Probably Thabo or Jerebko too. Still though, I dont see that being enough. It's a lot of nice/ok pieces, but nothing that is really going to put Memphis over the top and guarantee them a playoff spot.
Would you include Ingles.

Lets say they tell you we want Crowder + Ingles +21 for #4. Do you do it?