Would you trade Hayward for Melo?

• Yes

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 60 80.0%

• Total voters
I would trade Hayward for LeBron.

Duh

But would you trade for Lebron on a two year contract with the second year being a player option? Contracts matter as part of the discussion. Unless I had Lebron locked down for AT LEAST two years, probably three, I'm not sure it is a slam dunk. . .

But would you trade for Lebron on a two year contract with the second year being a player option? Contracts matter as part of the discussion. Unless I had Lebron locked down for AT LEAST two years, probably three, I'm not sure it is a slam dunk. . .
Yes I still do it.
I don't think the jazz have ever had the best player in the league on thier team.

It would be worth it even if only for a year or two

Yes I still do it.
I don't think the jazz have ever had the best player in the league on thier team.

It would be worth it even if only for a year or two

Let's not kid ourselves, Lebron would opt out after this year. You would be trading for 2/3's of a year of Lebron. He would opt out after the year. It would be a retarded trade unless we had a guarantee from Lebron, or some master plan to trade Burks/Kanter/Picks for another super-star to make Lebron happy.

Not worth losing Hayward for less than a year of Lebron. Get your head right.

Ive always been meh on Hayward, but I've never liked Melo. So overrated, and none of his teams have made a title run. Hayward is young, and shown a good leap this year. Hayward might not be a super star, but he's easier to root for than Melo.

Let's not kid ourselves, Lebron would opt out after this year. You would be trading for 2/3's of a year of Lebron. He would opt out after the year. It would be a retarded trade unless we had a guarantee from Lebron, or some master plan to trade Burks/Kanter/Picks for another super-star to make Lebron happy.

Not worth losing Hayward for less than a year of Lebron. Get your head right.
No

Ive always been meh on Hayward, but I've never liked Melo. So overrated, and none of his teams have made a title run. Hayward is young, and shown a good leap this year. Hayward might not be a super star, but he's easier to root for than Melo.

One of his Nuggets teams went to the Conference Finals.

Here is my reservation about melo: no team with melo on it is ever winning the title. It just ain't happening. A team with hayward might have that chance, and it might not. But at the very least, here might still be a chance. Melo is just too selfish of a player to win with.

One of his Nuggets teams went to the Conference Finals.

Yeah, that's right. They did have a good run that year. I never believed they could win it all though. Kinda of like
our Deron Boozer WCF run. Good team, not a title contender.

Here is my reservation about melo: no team with melo on it is ever winning the title. It just ain't happening. A team with hayward might have that chance, and it might not. But at the very least, here might still be a chance. Melo is just too selfish of a player to win with.

Does Syracuse count? Cause they won a title.

There are some players in the league that i would not want on a Jazz team even if they played for free. Carmelo is near the top of that list. So giving up anyone for him is just really a bad idea. If you are all about scoring the ball then Melo is just your speed. If you want any additional redeeming features, i am not sure they exist. I put Kevin Love and Amare in that same boat.
I am not saying they are bad people at all, don't know them. Just unappreciative of what they bring to the table.

Kevin Love

Love is more than just a scorer.

Love is probably the best scoring big in the game, top two best passing big in the game and top two best rebounding big in the game

Love is more than just a scorer.

Love is probably the best scoring big in the game, top two best passing big in the game and top two best rebounding big in the game

Also one of the best two losers.

I don't want Melo period. I would not want him on this team for anybody. I think he's the most overrated player in the game right now. He does nothing to make his team better. The players around him are worse when he plays with them. And he'll never win anything unless it's on the back of a real superstar player.
I want players who play well with their teammates not make them look worse than they are. A superstar should be able to improve the play of the guys around him. Like Karl and John did. Like Jordan learned to do in his later years and like Lebron does. Carmello is the opposite of that and I want no part of players like that.

I would trade Hayward for Melo, yes. A team with Melo, Exum and Favors would be top-4 in the west for several years. With Durant out with his injury, Melo might be the best pure scorer in the league right now. Hayward is a nice player, but he's not irreplaceable.
When has Melo ever shown that he can lead a team to top 4 in the west? When has he shown that he can even be a part of a contender? That team would be Melo, and a bunch of people Melo won't pass to. Favors needs to be set up to score, Exum needs to learn how to play real basketball. Melo on this team with these players and it would be a huge disaster to their development.