What's new

Would you trade Hayward for Melo?

Would you trade Hayward for Melo?

• Yes

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 60 80.0%

• Total voters
Rookie Melo for current Hayward: without a doubt yes.

Current Melo for current Hayward: probsbly not, but it's really, really close.

Absolutely without a doubt, NO. Carmelo Anthony will never, ever win a championship.

Besides LazyD and Berkkobe you don't understand basketball at all.

What has Melo ever accomplished besides being the best player on an underachieving team?

He kills teams. He is horrible.

If ever there was a counter argument to the idea that you need a star to win in the NBA, Melo is it.

I heard NY is really glad they traded for Melo. I hope someday to understand b-ball as well as the Knicks.

Who in their right mind play J.R Smith and Melo on the same team? NY's only good side is that they have Melo.

I wouldn't trade Hayward not because I think he is a better overall player but because I think he is a better teammate and he makes his teammates play better. Carmelo is one of the top scorers in the league but he doesn't always do it in the concept of a team.

I do not like Melo, but he is a much more valuable player than Hayward. Somedays I truly think about Franklin beeing right about the average Jazzfan.... Almost the whole board made fun about Hayward trying to get max contract, because of his poor performance last season. After he got that contract, almost the whole board was bitching about Hayward and Lindsey and how Utah never will win a Championchip...

And know after 12 games, almost every JAZZFAN thinks about Hayward beeing the more valuable player in comparison with Melo ? :D Melo who dropped almost 50 points against Hayward, playing on a crappy team :D ( And Hayward just played 5 or 6 games on that Max player Level, the other ones he was either good, average or just bad)

Switch Hayward with Melo and this team would make the play-Offs this year.

I do not like Melo, but he is a much more valuable player than Hayward. Somedays I truly think about Franklin beeing right about the average Jazzfan.... Almost the whole board made fun about Hayward trying to get max contract, because of his poor performance last season. After he got that contract, almost the whole board was bitching about Hayward and Lindsey and how Utah never will win a Championchip...

And know after 12 games, almost every JAZZFAN thinks about Hayward beeing the more valuable player in comparison with Melo ? :D Melo who dropped almost 50 points against Hayward, playing on a crappy team :D ( And Hayward just played 5 or 6 games on that Max player Level, the other ones he was either good, average or just bad)

Melo, the guy who made Denver better by going to New York. Melo, the player that doesn't play D. Melo, the guy who has friends take the fall when he gets caught with marijuana. Melo, the guy who is currently injured (knee).

Sure, we may make the playoffs with Melo, but at the sacrifice having to watch one on one crap basketball and at the same time sacrificing our youth for a slightly better record now that would keep us mediocre for a long time. No thanks.

New York isn't going to the playoffs this year in the crappity-crap Eastern Conference. Melo would not get the Jazz there in the West. You are full of it, son. . .

We make the playoffs as an 8th seed, and in the following years Gobert, Burke, Hood, and Exum are scooped up by the Lakers, Mavs, and Knicks due to the luxury tax, cementing us as an eternal 8th seed.

Switch Jefferson with Favors and maybe the Hornets would have a better record than the Jazz.

There is a LOT to be said for the overall game of Hayward vs the offense-only game of 'Melo. There is no doubt 'Melo is a great scorer. But he's only averaging 5 points more per game than Hayward this season. Does Hayward's defense, passing and attitude make up for that 5 points? I think it almost does on a straight-up basis. And I think it CERTAINLY does if you take into account their current salaries. Carmelo at about $8M more per season? For 5 points, worse defense and a ball-hogging reputation.

I would trade Hayward for Melo, yes. A team with Melo, Exum and Favors would be top-4 in the west for several years. With Durant out with his injury, Melo might be the best pure scorer in the league right now. Hayward is a nice player, but he's not irreplaceable.

...what have you been smokin? "Top 4 team in the West for years to come?" "Best pure scorer in the league right now?" Frankly, Melo is a "cancer" on any basketball team! It's all about "him." He's locked in to some seriously bad habits on the court, he's never going to change....and he'll take whatever team he's on down with him!