What's new

Would you trade ...

A player I'm starting to keep tabs on is Mario Hezonja. He is an unrestricted free agent this summer because Orlando didn't pick up his option. He is a guy who can play SG or SF. As a Euro, he probably wouldn't mind coming to Utah. I think we should target him as we get close to the deadline.

A player I'm starting to keep tabs on is Mario Hezonja. He is an unrestricted free agent this summer because Orlando didn't pick up his option. He is a guy who can play SG or SF. As a Euro, he probably wouldn't mind coming to Utah. I think we should target him as we get close to the deadline.
I actually don’t mind the idea of adding Hezonja, but at what cost? What would you pay to acquire him? I think his most likely role in a trade is for salary matching purposes on some other deal.

I actually don’t mind the idea of adding Hezonja, but at what cost? What would you pay to acquire him? I think his most likely role in a trade is for salary matching purposes on some other deal.

He is an unrestricted free agent this summer. However, I think we would be wise to add him before the deadline so we can see how he fits, etc. And I think Orlando has showcased him some recently so they can get something from a trade.

So how do we get him? If Orlando is successful in trading Vucevic for an asset like rumors suggest, they have a need for a center. Maybe we could do Udoh and our 2nd for Hezonja.

Supposedly, Locke said that the Jazz might be interested in a player he could not name that is owed 17-20 per year each of the next three years.

Wild speculation here, but I wonder if it was Bazemore. I think we could use AB and stuff for Baze. In that situation I would probably move Hood for a first rounder if possible (I think Cleveland and Indiana would have interest). He is owed $20M in 2019, but with Hood off the books we have that kind of salary spot available.

Interesting to think of DM, Baze, Ingles, Gobert, and insert stretch 4 starting lineup. Quin coached Baze so I assume he knows what he is getting into.

I was a big fan of Bazemore a few years ago, but he has been a disappointment the last couple years. I don't think he's an upgrade that much over Hood. He's 28 and is a volume shooter. He's a career 35% 3-point shooter. Hood is 3 years younger and has shot 37% from 3 in his career. They both play about 28.5 mpg and Hood is averaging 4ppg more.

Maybe we could have Bazemore and Hood, but I think they are both so similar. I would rather have a spot up 3 threat like Fournier.

I was a big fan of Bazemore a few years ago, but he has been a disappointment the last couple years. I don't think he's an upgrade that much over Hood. He's 28 and is a volume shooter. He's a career 35% 3-point shooter. Hood is 3 years younger and has shot 37% from 3 in his career. They both play about 28.5 mpg and Hood is averaging 4ppg more.

Maybe we could have Bazemore and Hood, but I think they are both so similar. I would rather have a spot up 3 threat like Fournier.

Baze is shooting 40% on catch and shoot threes... off the dribble not as good as Hood. He is a good defender and does other things that Hood doesn't.

If you told me I could have Baze for 2 years and 38M after this year or Hood at 4/80... I think I'm taking Baze.

I'd also rather have Fournier, but he will cost a first and then some. I think we could get Baze for AB and expirings.

Baze is shooting 40% on catch and shoot threes... off the dribble not as good as Hood. He is a good defender and does other things that Hood doesn't.

If you told me I could have Baze for 2 years and 38M after this year or Hood at 4/80... I think I'm taking Baze.

At those numbers, I agree 100%.

If we could get Bazemore for AB and an expiring, I would definitely do that.

Pistons shopping around....

Rod Beard: #Pistons SVG: “When you’re down a starting PG, there’s not a lot of people shopping their starting PG to you.”

– via Twitter detnewsRodBeard

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...show-interest-bulls-nikola-mirotic/109297930/

How about: Rubio for Marjanovic, Kennard and Moreland? http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y88l9agv

Detroit gets a starting PG while Jackson is out. We get prospect Kennard, worthless Marjanovic, nonguaranteed Moreland, and save around $5 million for next year.

He is an unrestricted free agent this summer. However, I think we would be wise to add him before the deadline so we can see how he fits, etc. And I think Orlando has showcased him some recently so they can get something from a trade.

So how do we get him? If Orlando is successful in trading Vucevic for an asset like rumors suggest, they have a need for a center. Maybe we could do Udoh and our 2nd for Hezonja.
I wouldn't do that. Udoh is better than Hezonja. And Mario doesn't look like he will figure things out. We will also need Udoh if we trade Favors.

Would anybody trade Hood for Kennard and Detroit's 2018 1st?

If Detroit was interested in Fournier but couldn't make it happen because of Jackson, wouldn't this trade make perfect sense? http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/pag...ines-potential-deals-watch-adrian-wojnarowski

That would be a pretty fair trade. That Detroit pick is likely a lottery pick (Detroit has been playing worse as of late) and Kennard can shoot. Plus it would mean more free money to sign someone. And with two lottery picks DL could have some flexibility if he didn't want to draft two 1st round rookies.

I wouldn't do that. Udoh is better than Hezonja. And Mario doesn't look like he will figure things out. We will also need Udoh if we trade Favors.

I like Udoh, but I would rather play Bradley and have Hezonja.

That would be a pretty fair trade. That Detroit pick is likely a lottery pick (Detroit has been playing worse as of late) and Kennard can shoot. Plus it would mean more free money to sign someone. And with two lottery picks DL could have some flexibility if he didn't want to draft two 1st round rookies.

I think Detroit makes the playoffs if they have Hood. So the pick would be in the 15-19 range. Not bad though if you have that with Kennard.

I think Detroit makes the playoffs if they have Hood. So the pick would be in the 15-19 range. Not bad though if you have that with Kennard.

After eating the Detroit restaurant food Hood will be out for the rest of the season. ;)

I love the idea of Bazemore at Jonathon Simmons money. $17-19 per for two more years??? No thanks. I’d rather keep Hood. I’m not sure that Hood is going to get the contract that some people are predicting he will.

What do you think Hood will get this summer?

What do you think Hood will get this summer?
I’m not sure I know enough about the market to speculate. I don’t think it will be max money. Maybe a deal like Middleton or Jingles. I don’t think he gets as much as Fournier. He hasn’t been healthy or consistent enough. I have a feeling that the market will be depressed for Hood, Exum and Favors.