What's new

Would you trade ...

I’m not sure I know enough about the market to speculate. I don’t think it will be max money. Maybe a deal like Middleton or Jingles. I don’t think he gets as much as Fournier. He hasn’t been healthy or consistent enough. I have a feeling that the market will be depressed for Hood, Exum and Favors.

I was thinking he would get at least $15. If I was Hood, I would want to be traded to a team who really wants me but who doesn't have the cap space to offer me a big contract. With his rights, they could spend away.

There's a chance that Hood screws us over by just taking a one year then becoming a free agent. So many teams have money in 2019.

I was thinking he would get at least $15. If I was Hood, I would want to be traded to a team who really wants me but who doesn't have the cap space to offer me a big contract. With his rights, they could spend away.

There's a chance that Hood screws us over by just taking a one year then becoming a free agent. So many teams have money in 2019.
I don’t see that happening. If he gets a decent long term deal, I think he takes it. With his injury history, it would be a mistake to turn down a good contract from anywhere.

I don't think Hood gets traded unless we get Aaron Gordon or Jabari Parker back. I think the FO is high on him, and he plays the most valuable position in the NBA
So many teams struggle to find decent wings that can shoot the ball and Jazzfanz wants to get rid of them all.

Interesting article:

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/n...e-talk/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The Jazz Want To Add
There has been talk in NBA circles that the Utah Jazz are angling to make some moves before the deadline.

The Jazz are sitting on two sizable ending contracts in Derrick Favors ($12 million) and Joe Johnson ($10.5 million), with NBA insiders saying both could be had before February 9, especially if they return solid younger options.

ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, dropped that the Jazz have eyes for Bulls forward Nikola Mirotic who will become trade-eligible on January 15.

The Bulls seem more than open to the idea, despite how well Mirotic has played. The prevailing thought is if the Jazz were to package some draft picks, along with ending contracts the Bulls might be willing to deal.

The Jazz have also been linked to talks regarding often-injured guard Alec Burks, who has one more year on his deal after this season and has become somewhat expendable with the emergence and dominance of rookie Donovan Mitchell.

With the Jazz four and a half games out of the playoff picture, they seem like a team open for business, especially if it yields talent today.

Baze is shooting 40% on catch and shoot threes... off the dribble not as good as Hood. He is a good defender and does other things that Hood doesn't.

If you told me I could have Baze for 2 years and 38M after this year or Hood at 4/80... I think I'm taking Baze.
Bazemore also, you know, plays most of the games so there's that.

Pistons shopping around....

Rod Beard: #Pistons SVG: “When you’re down a starting PG, there’s not a lot of people shopping their starting PG to you.”

– via Twitter detnewsRodBeard

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...show-interest-bulls-nikola-mirotic/109297930/

How about: Rubio for Marjanovic, Kennard and Moreland? http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y88l9agv

Detroit gets a starting PG while Jackson is out. We get prospect Kennard, worthless Marjanovic, nonguaranteed Moreland, and save around $5 million for next year.

No, this makes no sense for Detroit.

Detroit's biggest issue is they have a ton of contracts and none of them are expiring outside of Avery Bradley and Anthony Tolliver so they are really hard to trade with and will be basically capped out next year unless they can dump some players.

Your trade just adds more salary and in 2018-2019 season they would have Reggie Jackson and Ricky Rubio on the same team. The only way the Pistons would take Rubio is if Utah, or some other team, took Jackson. Utah would not do Jackson for Rubio straight up because Jackson has an extra year on his deal. Not to mention this trade leaves Detroit with no backup center besides Henry Ellenson, who they havent really played with all year.

(Also Boban Marjanovic is not useless. He is actually a really good per minute big. Do not insult Boban).

The most sensible thing you've said so far has probably been the Hood for Kennard/1st round pick. That gives Detroit a better player in the immediate present and a guy who still probably has upward potential. I have no idea how they would work out their roster in 2018-2019 if Hood got a big contract offer, but I guess you deal with those things when they happen.

In that offer Detroit may be hesitant to make the pick unprotected, Utah could add Joe Johnson and take back the contract of Boban, making the deal Boban/Kennard/1st for Hood/Johnson. Gives Detroit even more pieces for a playoff run this year and 7 million in salary relief for next year.

But even then, the whole Magic/Detroit thing seemed like the same trade, but w/ Fournier instead of Hood, and it hinged around the Magic being willing to take on Reggie Jackson's contract. Utah isn't taking that contract.

No, this makes no sense for Detroit.

Detroit's biggest issue is they have a ton of contracts and none of them are expiring outside of Avery Bradley and Anthony Tolliver so they are really hard to trade with and will be basically capped out next year unless they can dump some players.

Your trade just adds more salary and in 2018-2019 season they would have Reggie Jackson and Ricky Rubio on the same team. The only way the Pistons would take Rubio is if Utah, or some other team, took Jackson. Utah would not do Jackson for Rubio straight up because Jackson has an extra year on his deal. Not to mention this trade leaves Detroit with no backup center besides Henry Ellenson, who they havent really played with all year.

(Also Boban Marjanovic is not useless. He is actually a really good per minute big. Do not insult Boban).

The most sensible thing you've said so far has probably been the Hood for Kennard/1st round pick. That gives Detroit a better player in the immediate present and a guy who still probably has upward potential. I have no idea how they would work out their roster in 2018-2019 if Hood got a big contract offer, but I guess you deal with those things when they happen.

In that offer Detroit may be hesitant to make the pick unprotected, Utah could add Joe Johnson and take back the contract of Boban, making the deal Boban/Kennard/1st for Hood/Johnson. Gives Detroit even more pieces for a playoff run this year and 7 million in salary relief for next year.

But even then, the whole Magic/Detroit thing seemed like the same trade, but w/ Fournier instead of Hood, and it hinged around the Magic being willing to take on Reggie Jackson's contract. Utah isn't taking that contract.
Sooo... why are we talking about Detroit when we might be able to land Fournier?(!)

Fournier would be worth shipping assets. Can the Jazz acquire additional assets elsewhere? Would Exum and Hill or Detroit 1st be enough to maybe make it happen? Do you really think they could get Kennard AND a 1st from Detroit?

Sooo... why are we talking about Detroit when we might be able to land Fournier?(!)

Fournier would be worth shipping assets. Can the Jazz acquire additional assets elsewhere? Would Exum and Hill or Detroit 1st be enough to maybe make it happen? Do you really think they could get Kennard AND a 1st from Detroit?

1. No, I'm not sure of anything regarding trades.

This is from Woj on a Detroit/Orlando talk that happened:
"Detroit pursued a deal for Fournier, but that would’ve been hard to execute without Reggie Jackson’s contract included — even if Detroit decided to include promising rookie Luke Kennard. Jackson will be sidelined for another month-plus with a severely sprained ankle.

Detroit has remained one of the most aggressive teams on the early market, reflective of the Stan Van Gundy regime’s desire to win now."

My view, Fournier and Hood are basically equal. I think Hood might actually have more value because of his restricted contract and the fact that he could potentially have more years of contract control. Fournier has 3 years left, but the last year is a player option that I think he would probably opt out of if he is still playing at his current level 2 years from now. Hood could be signed to a 4 year contract, doubling his years controlled over Fournier.

So, if the only thing that is holding up that deal is the fact that Orlando can't really take back salary, then Utah would make sense as a trade partner. They can offer a player very similar to Fournier, but who is cheaper in the immediate and possibly future. Utah could also give them a vet like Joe Johnson who also helps them now and is an expiring contract.

2.I wouldn't mind Fournier, but I think he is a completely lateral move from Hood. I'm pretty sure he is a worse defender too. He might be a better fit since he is less of a shot hunter, but I don't see the point of giving anything up to get him when we could just keep Hood.

Supposedly, Locke said that the Jazz might be interested in a player he could not name that is owed 17-20 per year each of the next three years.

Wild speculation here, but I wonder if it was Bazemore. I think we could use AB and stuff for Baze. In that situation I would probably move Hood for a first rounder if possible (I think Cleveland and Indiana would have interest). He is owed $20M in 2019, but with Hood off the books we have that kind of salary spot available.

Interesting to think of DM, Baze, Ingles, Gobert, and insert stretch 4 starting lineup. Quin coached Baze so I assume he knows what he is getting into.
EVAN. FOURNIER.

Supposedly, Locke said that the Jazz might be interested in a player he could not name that is owed 17-20 per year each of the next three years.

Wild speculation here, but I wonder if it was Bazemore. I think we could use AB and stuff for Baze. In that situation I would probably move Hood for a first rounder if possible (I think Cleveland and Indiana would have interest). He is owed $20M in 2019, but with Hood off the books we have that kind of salary spot available.

Interesting to think of DM, Baze, Ingles, Gobert, and insert stretch 4 starting lineup. Quin coached Baze so I assume he knows what he is getting into.
I think Bazemore makes more sense than Fournier. Atlanta would be a much easier trade partner since they are less ****ed by bad contracts and have a clearer vision for their team (I would think).

Like, would they really demand anything more than Burks/Expirings and a 2nd round pick for Baze? I'm not sure they can really expect anyone to give up a first for him since his contract is slightly bloated for his production.

1. No, I'm not sure of anything regarding trades.

This is from Woj on a Detroit/Orlando talk that happened:
"Detroit pursued a deal for Fournier, but that would’ve been hard to execute without Reggie Jackson’s contract included — even if Detroit decided to include promising rookie Luke Kennard. Jackson will be sidelined for another month-plus with a severely sprained ankle.

Detroit has remained one of the most aggressive teams on the early market, reflective of the Stan Van Gundy regime’s desire to win now."

My view, Fournier and Hood are basically equal. I think Hood might actually have more value because of his restricted contract and the fact that he could potentially have more years of contract control. Fournier has 3 years left, but the last year is a player option that I think he would probably opt out of if he is still playing at his current level 2 years from now. Hood could be signed to a 4 year contract, doubling his years controlled over Fournier.

So, if the only thing that is holding up that deal is the fact that Orlando can't really take back salary, then Utah would make sense as a trade partner. They can offer a player very similar to Fournier, but who is cheaper in the immediate and possibly future. Utah could also give them a vet like Joe Johnson who also helps them now and is an expiring contract.

2.I wouldn't mind Fournier, but I think he is a completely lateral move from Hood. I'm pretty sure he is a worse defender too. He might be a better fit since he is less of a shot hunter, but I don't see the point of giving anything up to get him when we could just keep Hood.
Well, just some things to think about with regard to Hood vs Fournier statistically.

-Fournier's net +/- per 100 possessions (+>5) is greater than 13 points better than Hood's (-~8).*
-Fournier averages more assists per game (by 66%), per 48, and higher assist percentage than Hood (by 40%).
-Fournier has a substantially better PER (from below league-average to above it)
-Fournier has a better eFG% and 3FG%.
-Fournier has played more games over the last three years
-Fournier is doing all of this as a starter

I can't add a lot of eye-test perspective, but the numbers are pretty clear here.

Get Fournier.

Last edited:
Well, just some things to think about with regard to Hood vs Fournier statistically.

-Fournier's net +/- per 100 possessions (+>5) is greater than 13 points better than Hood's (-~8).*
-Fournier averages more assists per game (by 66%), per 48, and higher assist percentage than Hood (by 40%).
-Fournier has a substantially better PER (from below league-average to above it)
-Fournier has a better eFG% and 3FG%.
-Fournier has played more games over the last three years
-Fournier is doing all of this as a starter

I can't add a lot of eye-test perspective, but the numbers are pretty clear here.

Get Fournier.
His PER is an entire point higher... is that substantially? He is essentially the same player.

He is also surrounded by more offensive talent in Orlando than Hood is in Utah (especially w/ Gobert's injury and Rubio coming to Utah). Orlando also plays at a faster pace.