What's new

Would you trade ...

Cy - how can you bash my trade idea when Stan Van Gundy said the following:

- we need a PG
- most other teams won't trade their PG
- our financial situation is fine
- we are in win now mode

Rubio for Kennard, Marjanovic and a non-guaranteed is exactly the type trade we should pursue. Here is why for Detroit:

- gets them a PG SVG needs
- Rubio helps them win more than any of those 3
- the trade only adds $5 million to next year even though SVG said the financial situation is fine
- Rubio isn't perfect, but he is more ready now than Kennard

Sometimes, you just want to argue without reading the signs and interviews. I bet we won't trade Rubio more than Detroit doesn't want this trade.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

It is terrible. They need to lose salary to be able to retain Avery Bradley. A 15M a year backup pg is not ideal... and they lose a really solid young player that has potential to much more.

- we need a PG
- we are in win now mode

Rubio for Kennard, Marjanovic and a non-guaranteed is exactly the type trade we should pursue. Here is why for Detroit:

- the trade only adds $5 million to next year even though SVG said the financial situation is fine

Sometimes, you just want to argue without reading the signs and interviews. I bet we won't trade Rubio more than Detroit doesn't want this trade.

Do you even bother using your brain?

I also complimented your other trade idea but you decide to focus on your brain-dead proposal, so idk, it looks like you like to argue also.

Last edited:
It is terrible. They need to lose salary to be able to retain Avery Bradley. A 15M a year backup pg is not ideal... and they lose a really solid young player that has potential to much more.
No bro. SVG said they need a PG so that means they will take any PG you offer them no matter how ****** he is playing or how ****** the deal is.

Maybe I’m greedy, but I’d try to trade Rubio, Jerebko and picks for Fournier. . . and then I still keep Hood as my 6th man. Can’t have too many good shooters.
Uhh, why would the Magic do that?

Jazz woul have to give up their first rounder, and that'd be a bad deal IMO.

I think we could get a second in that deal. They have a ton of picks this year. 3 in the first and multiple seconds. The cap space in three years would be valuable. Room next year can’t hurt.

Room next year *could* hurt depending on what happens w/ Exum and Hood. Like the only way I think it makes sense to trade for Baze is if we are also trading Hood. Cuz if you don't, then you are paying 19 million to Baze to be a backup? Then you are paying Hood, at least more than 12 million a year I'm assuming, to also be a 6th man? Or will the Jazz decide to bench Rubio next year? No idea.

But for some reason, y'all think Atlanta wants to give us a 2nd and Bazemore for Burks and Jerekbo so they can save $6 million next year.

You guys are hilarious. Arrogant but hilarious

The Pistons can pay worthless Marjanovic $7 million this year and next or starting PG caliber Rubio $14 and $15 this year and next. Remember, we gave up cap space AND a first for Rubio 6 months ago.

Kennard is not ready and Marjanovic sucks and they want to win now, but hey, lets see if Atlanta will throw in their first if we take Bazemore.

- we need a PG
- we are in win now mode

No bro. SVG said they need a PG so that means they will take any PG you offer them no matter how ****** he is playing or how ****** the deal is.

Huh. I was agreeing that the trade was terrible.

Room next year *could* hurt depending on what happens w/ Exum and Hood. Like the only way I think it makes sense to trade for Baze is if we are also trading Hood. Cuz if you don't, then you are paying 19 million to Baze to be a backup? Then you are paying Hood, at least more than 12 million a year I'm assuming, to also be a 6th man? Or will the Jazz decide to bench Rubio next year? No idea.

I meant them having some extra cap room next year wouldn’t hurt... Wouldn’t be a huge benefit.

The Pistons can pay worthless Marjanovic $7 million this year and next or starting PG caliber Rubio $14 and $15 this year and next. Remember, we gave up cap space AND a first for Rubio 6 months ago.

Kennard is not ready and Marjanovic sucks and they want to win now, but hey, lets see if Atlanta will throw in their first if we take Bazemore.

Bruh... the deal in Detroit is they need to get off salary not add salary. If they traded Kennard and Boban they would look at a cheaper option.

Not to mention you add salary while cashing in a good long term piece that is contributing right now. You can say he isn’t ready but he’s a rotation player. When Jackson comes back Rubio is a backup. So they have screwed with their cap situation, cashed in a long term piece, and did it to have a starting pg for a month.

Not to mention Ish Smith is good backup pg... so when RJ comes back they have three pgs who aren’t exactly knock down shooters.

You are terrible at making trades and make up 25 new trades a day... chill with the trade machine unless you want people to **** on your ideas.

Huh. I was agreeing that the trade was terrible.
Yes, I was doing sarcasm. I was acting like I was Lopo.

Stan Van Gundy just said publicly that they are fine financially and need a PG. Please read. They arent worried about $5 million extra next year because they are in win now mode.

And for the record, I throw out ideas. So what. You can ignore them you little whiny bitch. I don't waste my time trashing your ideas by being an *******. But i guess you are so insecure that you must.

Why teh **** does Lopo keep calling Boban worthless?

The dude has a PER of 22. He is a monster when he plays, he just cant play a lot because he is a giant.

Stan Van Gundy just said publicly that they are fine financially and need a PG. Please read. They arent worried about $5 million extra next year because they are in win now mode.

And for the record, I throw out ideas. So what. You can ignore them you little whiny bitch. I don't waste my time trashing your ideas by being an *******. But i guess you are so insecure that you must.

Guys dont you know NBA GM's say everything to the press. They don't hide anything at all. They always say all the facts and are fully transparent. If SVG said he wants a starting PG that means he will trade for any starting PG, it doesnt matter how bad they are!

Read the article Cy. Damn you are stubborn.

Stan himself says they need a PG to add to Ish. They have cap space and flexibility. They have needs.

Its okay for you and HH to admit you are wrong because you think you know what's best for Detroit. But don't worry, I don't expect an apology.

Read the article Cy. Damn you are stubborn.

Stan himself says they need a PG to add to Ish. They have cap space and flexibility. They have needs.

Its okay for you and HH to admit you are wrong because you think you know what's best for Detroit. But don't worry, I don't expect an apology.

SVG ain't good at math if he thinks they have cap space and flexibility. They do your proposed trade and re-sign Avery Bradley and they are 5-10M into the tax. Have you seen them on TV... their stadium is a ghost town.

You are also acting like Luke Kennard has little value... he is a rotation player already and shooting 43% from three... So it's a bad on court move too imo... but at least they take on more salary for a position that only has a temporary need.