What's new

Your Christmas tree

My tree doesn't go up until I can get all of my kids to get their chores done on the same day. It's not up yet. They have until this weekend before I am no longer willing to do it. They were close tonight, but my 14 year old chose to argue with me until I finally got pissed enough to send her to bed at 7:00. All she had to do was vacuum the living room. She decided she didn't have to since she had "already done it". Evidence proved otherwise. It would have taken her 5 minutes. Instead, she went to bed early and no tree.

Anybody want a 14 year old girl?

My son's been loading Christmas trees onto people's cars for the last three nights at the tree place on 9000 South and State. Making about $50 for 2-4 hours. It's like he's in a Christmas movie. He loves the atmosphere, the people who work there(including two of his friends) and the families picking out their trees. As long as no one offers him the hooch everything's good.

It's a really cool place... real reindeer, Santa with his sleigh, fire pit with seating, etc. Just a cool seasonal little Christmas lot with a bunch of cool stuff. They get their trees from Oregon, Washington, South Carolina, Colorado, Vermont and a few others. Great selection of beautiful trees. Some of them are close to 20 ft. tall($$$$).

Last edited:
I thought I was gonna get to complain about this ornament exchange... 35-40 women cackling until 10 PM or so on a school night. So loud kids can’t sleep then some of them brought they kids like this is effing day care. So awkward being stuck upstairs watching a lame kids movie with like 5 kids you don’t know... plus mine of course.

My tree doesn't go up until I can get all of my kids to get their chores done on the same day. It's not up yet. They have until this weekend before I am no longer willing to do it. They were close tonight, but my 14 year old chose to argue with me until I finally got pissed enough to send her to bed at 7:00. All she had to do was vacuum the living room. She decided she didn't have to since she had "already done it". Evidence proved otherwise. It would have taken her 5 minutes. Instead, she went to bed early and no tree.

Tough raising teens. Mine are 13 and 15 and it's a struggle but I try to get back to showing love after I get pissed.

Best of luck brother.

Damn. U got all my feels.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

My son's been loading Christmas trees onto people's cars for the last three nights at the tree place on 9000 South and State. Making about $50 for 2-4 hours. It's like he's in a Christmas movie. He loves the atmosphere, the people who work there(including two of his friends) and the families picking out their trees. As long as no one offers him the hooch everything's good.

It's a really cool place... real reindeer, Santa with his sleigh, fire pit with seating, etc. Just a cool seasonal little Christmas lot with a bunch of cool stuff. They get their trees from Oregon, Washington, South Carolina, Colorado, Vermont and a few others. Great selection of beautiful trees. Some of them are close to 20 ft. tall($$$$).
Sounds fantastic. Hope he doesn't die from the inversion

I thought I was gonna get to complain about this ornament exchange... 35-40 women cackling until 10 PM or so on a school night. So loud kids can’t sleep then some of them brought they kids like this is effing day care. So awkward being stuck upstairs watching a lame kids movie with like 5 kids you don’t know... plus mine of course.

Dude. You need to get some hand.

how-to-plank-a-wall-15.jpg

My grandma had given me an ornament every year since I was born.
I got 41 if them mo fos though my daughter has broken a few of em.

That's freaking cool. Growing up, my aunt who went on an LDS mission to Italy and married a cool Italian immigrant gave us one of these really cool Italian nativity scene pieces every Christmas. When me and all my siblings were grown and had our own, my mother did the same until we had so many she couldn't remember who had what and was buying duplicates.

She also gave us these dope hand painted reindeer that another aunt hand painted and gave her when we were little.

All the small things people do for others matter.