What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

It’s a downward spiral. Two years ago we were looking ahead to this off-season and debating Kawhi, Jimmy Butler, and Klay Thompson. Then we were debating Malcolm Brogdon and Tobias Harris. Now Kevin Love and Nic Batum. Come July, we’ll have passed through a few more iterations and it will get much, much worse.

homeytennis' threads will reach their 10th, 11th, 30th pages.

Of course they would trade him, just not right away. He’s on a five year deal in this scenario, why would they trade him right away? Pels didn’t give in to Davis’s demands as of yet.
Why do you keep bringing up the Pelicans? Is he on the Pelicans? What about the scenarios are comparable to you beyond the most elementary?

The reason they do it is because Walker would almost certainly have more trade value earlier in the contract. You wait too long and that becomes an incredibly negative contract, one that they'd probably have to SEND assets to get rid of. Meanwhile, both parties have locked themselves into a perpetual losing situation.

I'm out.

Good post.
However, if batum came with a good promising young player and some draft picks it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Exactly.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can't understand context. We are only talking Batum because we are running through "missing out on all big free agent scenarios."

I would rather take Batum and pick up assets than just absorb Love's stupid deal.

Ironically, I think Charlotte should trade for Love if Kemba stays. Expirings for Love seems fair. Charlotte prays Love has a revival and Kemba can keep playing at an All NBA pace.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

If Pacers convince Tobias, I would love to snatch Thaddeus Young. He does so many things offensively and defensively that goes unnoticed. He is also more stretchy and dynamic than Favors, not the better player but he would fit and should cost less, more money to spend on PG or other positions.

Why do you keep bringing up the Pelicans? Is he on the Pelicans? What about the scenarios are comparable to you beyond the most elementary?

The reason they do it is because Walker would almost certainly have more trade value earlier in the contract. You wait too long and that becomes an incredibly negative contract, one that they'd probably have to SEND assets to get rid of. Meanwhile, both parties have locked themselves into a perpetual losing situation.

I'm out.
Another small market team, doesn’t want to be a pushover. So they won’t trade him right away, and on a five year deal, hhs value will only go up for at least a year

If Pacers convince Tobias, I would love to snatch Thaddeus Young. He does so many things offensively and defensively that goes unnoticed. He is also more stretchy and dynamic than Favors, not the better player but he would fit and should cost less, more money to spend on PG or other positions.

He shoots 35% from 3 point land. Could he improve that if he was on our team? Maybe.....maybe not! Could we get him on the cheap? Might be someone to consider.

OOOHHH, I thought you were emptying a colostomy bag of fire in a field.

Why would that be hilarious? And why do you think that's true? We've had plenty of "African American" players sign with us before over the last 30 years. Why is it now different? That was a very strange statement.
Yes, you’re right. My comment came out of left field. Utah has a tremendous history of attracting top talent. Especially black players with lots of options.

I'm out.

Not only that Kemba and his reps could tell them the damn deal when they sign... they wouldn’t have to honor it but I’ll bet you they would. It’s the only way I see them saving face in their market. He could turn the money but I think it’s a mistake for him.

George Hill is looking similar to his Jazz days. He could possibly be back as a cheap option.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk