What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

Yeah cause Lindsey is gonna go that route and won’t go after a traditional point guard.
I'm sure he will go after one, but doesn mean he will get one.

I mean, if you dont get Walker what's left in free agency?

Re-sign Rubio? Don't think thats happening

Sign Beverly? Entirely possible, but it's not like he's an actual PG on the offensive end. He's always been an off-ball guard. He also makes the Jazz scoring worse as he's a worse scorer than Rubio. Unless the Jazz are getting upgrading scoring at the 4 in a major way, hard to see this being a good option.

What else is there at PG in free agency? It's bare bones.

I'm sure he will go after one, but doesn mean he will get one.

I mean, if you dont get Walker what's left in free agency?

Re-sign Rubio? Don't think thats happening

Sign Beverly? Entirely possible, but it's not like he's an actual PG on the offensive end. He's always been an off-ball guard. He also makes the Jazz scoring worse as he's a worse scorer than Rubio. Unless the Jazz are getting upgrading scoring at the 4 in a major way, hard to see this being a good option.

What else is there at PG in free agency? It's bare bones.

Satoransky. Joseph.

And the op lineup here is okay but I'm not sure they all fit and the bench would be one of the worst in the league. Royce is a journeyman and Korver is old. That team not beating the warriors or nuggets in playoffs so it be wasting. and it's unreasonable. A dude like Kemba is never going play for utah. The culture just to much for some. GOt to know who to target. Blake would consider Utah I bet

Nuggets lol

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I think our best bet may be to run back with the same core. They will not have had the media blowing them all off-season and predicting us to snag the 2 or 3 seed. Mitchell hopefully won’t go to Europe and will get fully healthy and be able to work on his game (which he couldn’t for months last summer) which alone could make a 2-4 game difference next season. Maybe Rubio will work on his shot (lol) and take a leap. Crowder too.

If we did that, and had a roster spot, could we sign someone to the full MLE?

I think we need to go all-in for Conley. **** it. He’d be a monstrous upgrade. Renounce Rubio and Udoh then do the following.

Conley (32.5M) and Noah (1.7M) for

Favors (16.9M), Exum (9.6M) and our 1st

I think that barely works with the CBA.

We’d have ~9M in cap space if we also renounced Sef I think.

Conley-Neto
Mitchell-Korver-Allen
Ingles-O’Neale
Crowder-Niang
Gobert-Noah

My question is could we sign a FA for about that 9M in cap space AND go above the cap by signing a FA to the full (or partial) MLE?

Not sure the Grizz would do it though. Sort of doesn’t make any sense since they have Jonas now. And Exum was hurt again.

That's been my feeling all along.
So many people think the sky is falling.

Jazz are on their way up and will make a big upgrade this off season. And Mitchell will only get better

I completely agree. It sucks that we're likely going to get swept but we have a good core, a good coach and money and resources to add another piece this off-season. I think the future of this team is really bright.

Seems like things have been building towards this off season, it'll be very disappointing if they continue to punt by keeping things mostly the same

Seems like things have been building towards this off season, it'll be very disappointing if they continue to punt by keeping things mostly the same

The issue is it sometimes takes a couple/few active offseasons/trade deadlines to get the type of guys we’d ideally like to get. It’d be nice if we had added a couple mid salary rotation pieces over the last couple years... I know we did the Thabo/Jonas stuff but more long term pieces.

That's been my feeling all along.
So many people think the sky is falling.

Jazz are on their way up and will make a big upgrade this off season. And Mitchell will only get better

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

The clock is ticking though. Both Gobert and Mitchell are due for huge pay raises in the next few years. And if they don’t feel like the team is doing enough to keep them competitive or providing them with enough opportunities for recognition, they’ll leave and the rebuild will begin once more.

Had Mitchell not been so dynamite, we’d be in the lottery right now still trying to rebuild from Hayward leaving.

Dump Bricky, Thabo and Ekpe. Draft a point guard and then we are going Chinese. Here are some players that are available. Trevor Booker, Justin Hamilton, Tyler Hansbrough, Jason Thompson (leading rebounder there) and Pierre Jackson leading scorer and 2nd in assists and a college teammate of Royce. Our bench lost the game last night. Maybe this gives Spidy and Rudy some help.