What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

That's the other rub, we would probably need to do the deal before actual free agency to avoid capspace. I guess I assume that the FO has a decent idea of their chances in free agency.
I doubt they do at this point. There are huge dominos in play.

What does KD do?
What does Irving do?
What happens with AD?

I think these things aren't set in concrete yet and that makes for a lot of uncertainty.

I think there's a pretty decent chance the Lakers, Clippers and Mav's all get significantly better over the offseason. I'm really afraid if we can't pull off something big we could drop to a 7th or 8th seed next year.

I think there's a pretty decent chance the Lakers, Clippers and Mav's all get significantly better over the offseason. I'm really afraid if we can't pull off something big we could drop to a 7th or 8th seed next year.

Clips are the only team that scare me if they get Kawhi. Lakers will be thin and are a **** show... Mavs ain't ready yet.

I doubt they do at this point. There are huge dominos in play.

What does KD do?
What does Irving do?
What happens with AD?

I think these things aren't set in concrete yet and that makes for a lot of uncertainty.

I'm just going to say that they certainly have a better idea of things than we do, including which free agents are not at all a possibility. I suspect they have an idea about the pecking order for each free agent. Tampering is rampant.

I'm just going to say that they certainly have a better idea of things than we do, including which free agents are not at all a possibility. I suspect they have an idea about the pecking order for each free agent. Tampering is rampant.
I'm not sure they do though.

Sure, they can tamper with a player, but they can't possibly tamper with every big FA and know how things will play out. So much depends on what the top guys do and and everyone can change their minds last second.

Maybe Tobias tells them he will sign if Brooklyn doesn't offer and Philly doesn't offer the 5 year max, but can what confidence level can the Jazz have those things happen? The injury to KD might have changed everything 2 days ago. Who knows what this Ad trade will change.

If the Lakers are able to get KD without Kuzma then NO is dumb... also if LA decides Kuzma is the line they won't cross to get AD then they are dumb.

Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, #4 is steal for AD imo.

That's the other rub, we would probably need to do the deal before actual free agency to avoid capspace. I guess I assume that the FO has a decent idea of their chances in free agency.
We shouldn't. Favors' guarantee date is like the 6th or 7th, so, unless I'm mistaken, we're still operating over the cap with his salary and capholds and such.

If the Lakers are able to get KD without Kuzma then NO is dumb... also if LA decides Kuzma is the line they won't cross to get AD then they are dumb.

Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, #4 is steal for AD imo.

Well, you have to look at the entire landscape. AD and his loud mouthed agent said it very clearly: NY OR LA. That's it. So...

- LA has offered #4, Ingram and Ball

- NY has #3, Knox, Smith Jr., and Mitch Robinson. The #3 pick is better, but I think Griffin likes Ball and Ingram much more than those 3 from NY.

The only thing NY has on LA is their willingness to trade future 1st round picks. According to everything I've read about NY, they don't want to go that route. They have leveraged their future before and it has backfired on them.

Well, you have to look at the entire landscape. AD and his loud mouthed agent said it very clearly: NY OR LA. That's it. So...

- NY has #3, Knox, Smith Jr., and Mitch Robinson. The #3 pick is better, but I think Griffin likes Ball and Ingram much more than those 3 from NY.

The only thing NY has on LA is their willingness to trade future 1st round picks. According to everything I've read about NY, they don't want to go that route. They have leveraged their future before and it has backfired on them.

I don't like Ball very much, so that package looks like poo poo. I would think another team would step up with something better than that... even if it was just a rental.

Like Clips ain't putting in SGA, Shamet, Gallo and the picks they stole from Philly... Brooklyn won't do Levert, Dinwiddie, and picks... I realize the landscape isn't ideal.

I don't like Ball very much, so that package looks like poo poo. I would think another team would step up with something better than that... even if it was just a rental.

Like Clips ain't putting in SGA, Shamet, Gallo and the picks they stole from Philly... Brooklyn won't do Levert, Dinwiddie, and picks... I realize the landscape isn't ideal.

Griffin likes Ball next to Jrue which actually could work. Griffin also likes Ingram who is a pretty good player. And #4 is a very high pick.

Considering AD won't stay anywhere else, NOLA has to get what they can get. I personally think they should demand that LA takes back Hill too.

If the big fish don’t want to swim in Utah then I would certainly roll the dice on Zach Levine before ever even thinking about someone like Love. 24 years old, under contract for 4 years - could be great with DM and Rudy, and coach Snyder and staff can help him reach new levels.

Question is... what would it take? Favors, Exum, draft pick?

And why not give Jabari a shot (if he comes cheap), while we’re at it? Again, this is only if Harris, Kemba, etc. have no interest in us.

DM
Levine
Ingles
Parker
Rudy

Thoughts?

Griffin likes Ball next to Jrue which actually could work. Griffin also likes Ingram who is a pretty good player. And #4 is a very high pick.

Considering AD won't stay anywhere else, NOLA has to get what they can get. I personally think they should demand that LA takes back Hill too.

I don't care who Ball is next to... I don't think he's good.

#4 is a high pick... but they have canvassed the league to trade it for a high level player... and haven't had luck yet... so not all high picks are created equal.

If NY isn't offering Robinson, #3 and the picks they have then they are dumb too.... If AD goes to LA he will re-sign there... this isn't like the Carmelo deal.

I think it's pretty even. Mitchell Robinson had a great rookie year.

I don't care who Ball is next to... I don't think he's good.

#4 is a high pick... but they have canvassed the league to trade it for a high level player... and haven't had luck yet... so not all high picks are created equal.

If NY isn't offering Robinson, #3 and the picks they have then they are dumb too.... If AD goes to LA he will re-sign there... this isn't like the Carmelo deal.

We (the Jazz) are asking the same question - who is a good player we can acquire to improve our team? There just aren't many answers. That's why we keep coming back to Conley and Love. Half of the NBA is a free agent this offseason. HALF. Beal doesn't seem to be moving. NOLA probably doesn't want DeRozan. Who else out there is worth the #4 pick and who out there is NOLA willing to trade the #4 pick for?

So it comes down to NY's best package vs LA's. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Ball, Ingram and #4 vs Knox, Smith Jr., Mitchell and #3. That's really close.

If I'm NOLA, I take the NY deal to put Zion next to Barrett and put AD in the East. But I also understand if NOLA takes the LA deal. Regardless, I want the AD trade done as quickly as possible so more dust can settle before the draft.

If the big fish don’t want to swim in Utah then I would certainly roll the dice on Zach Levine before ever even thinking about someone like Love. 24 years old, under contract for 4 years - could be great with DM and Rudy, and coach Snyder and staff can help him reach new levels.

Question is... what would it take? Favors, Exum, draft pick?

And why not give Jabari a shot (if he comes cheap), while we’re at it? Again, this is only if Harris, Kemba, etc. have no interest in us.

DM
Levine
Ingles
Parker
Rudy

Thoughts?

Lavine would cost a ton more than Love. He's 23 making a reasonable 19m a year. Doubt we have the pieces to get him.

We (the Jazz) are asking the same question - who is a good player we can acquire to improve our team? There just aren't many answers. That's why we keep coming back to Conley and Love. Half of the NBA is a free agent this offseason. HALF. Beal doesn't seem to be moving. NOLA probably doesn't want DeRozan. Who else out there is worth the #4 pick and who out there is NOLA willing to trade the #4 pick for?

So it comes down to NY's best package vs LA's. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Ball, Ingram and #4 vs Knox, Smith Jr., Mitchell and #3. That's really close.

If I'm NOLA, I take the NY deal to put Zion next to Barrett and put AD in the East. But I also understand if NOLA takes the LA deal. Regardless, I want the AD trade done as quickly as possible so more dust can settle before the draft.

Right I was saying then the #4 must not have a ton of value even though it is a HIGH pick. We are hunting for good players with the #23... I know that pick ain't that good.

If it is Ball, Ingram, #4 I may just go into the season with AD on the roster... Kuzma should not be a deal breaker.