What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

You have to add Dante though to free the space for Harris, which is why the Jazz do it. Miami would still have close to max space with Dante on the books. And they could make move at some point to free up more room. And it would save them a decent amount of money this year.

Maybe the Jazz could do Jae/Korver then move Exum into another's team space who just want to add talent and has cap-space.
We are not getting Harris. Can we please make trades and draft well and forget signing big FAs, I don’t see any coming -ever.

I think the core of the Jazz to go into next season ,starts with Rudy Gobert,Donovan Mitchell,Derrick Favors.Dante Exum. I want Jazz to pounce on the young talent (like Boozer/Okur back in the day) to go with Mitchell/Exum.
Go for young talent like 6'8 SF (Josh Jackson) 22 y o. Phoenix has too many young SF's like Kelly Oubre and Mikal Bridges and Josh Jackson can be had.
Keep an eye on 6'10"(Harry Giles) 21 y o who now plays behind WCS 25 y o and BagleyIII 20 y o in Sacramento. If WCS is extended Giles would be too good to keep on the bench. Someone like Giles would be the only type player I'd work Favors in a trade to do ,someone who'd grow with DM and Exum and a potential playmaker at the 4 position.
Jazz need to revisit the days when they scored big (FA's) getting two long term starters (Boozer/Okur). When it's all said and done Jazz will say they tried hard for all the big FA's dropping storylines how close they came and then return back to filling the roster with retreads (again).
Fantasy 5)
7'1" 26 y o (C) Gobert
6'10" 21 y o(PF) Giles
6'8" 22 y o(SF) Jackson
6'3" 22 y o (SG)Mitchell
6'6" 23 y o (PG) Exum

Trading for Love or trading for Conley isn't getting them a championship. It depletes the Jazz athleticism and ties them to horrendous contracts. Jazz need to add young players that are going to be really good and get them on the rise .
As long as they have Rudy Gobert healthy ,the Jazz are a 50 win team. Go for long term success as opposed to crippling the team with aging players in a short sighted gamble thinking their going to win in getting Conley or Love on the team.

I think the core of the Jazz to go into next season ,starts with Rudy Gobert,Donovan Mitchell,Derrick Favors.Dante Exum. I want Jazz to pounce on the young talent (like Boozer/Okur back in the day) to go with Mitchell/Exum.
Go for young talent like 6'8 SF (Josh Jackson) 22 y o. Phoenix has too many young SF's like Kelly Oubre and Mikal Bridges and Josh Jackson can be had.
Keep an eye on 6'10"(Harry Giles) 21 y o who now plays behind WCS 25 y o and BagleyIII 20 y o in Sacramento. If WCS is extended Giles would be too good to keep on the bench. Someone like Giles would be the only type player I'd work Favors in a trade to do ,someone who'd grow with DM and Exum and a potential playmaker at the 4 position.
Jazz need to revisit the days when they scored big (FA's) getting two long term starters (Boozer/Okur). When it's all said and done Jazz will say they tried hard for all the big FA's dropping storylines how close they came and then return back to filling the roster with retreads (again).
Fantasy 5)
7'1" 26 y o (C) Gobert
6'10" 21 y o(PF) Giles
6'8" 22 y o(SF) Jackson
6'3" 22 y o (SG)Mitchell
6'6" 23 y o (PG) Exum

Trading for Love or trading for Conley isn't getting them a championship. It depletes the Jazz athleticism and ties them to horrendous contracts. Jazz need to add young players that are going to be really good and get them on the rise .
As long as they have Rudy Gobert healthy ,the Jazz are a 50 win team. Go for long term success as opposed to crippling the team with aging players in a short sighted gamble thinking their going to win in getting Conley or Love on the team.

I'm a fan of Conley but you're probably right. And I love that Exum is still in play.

Considering Favors would be our 4th or 5th piece and half the price of Conley and doesn't cost us a pick or two, he isn't my concern.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
Why not? He will cost an absolute ton of money for whatever positive contribution he brings considering its only when our All-NBA player sits. He is a simply bad investment.

Just because something isn’t the most expensive doesn’t mean it’s a value. Especially not in a cap year.

ok i just did an interesting trade idea it could also be complete garbage

Jazz make a trade that would have to happen after free agency and the draft picks involved would have been be done for the other teams

Jazz trade

Kyle Korver
Dante Exum
#23 pick

To the heat for

Kelly Olynk
Goran Dragic
#13 pick

Jazz draft Brandon Clarke
Waive Favors (this makes my stomach hurt)
Sign Jabari Parker to 1 + 1 contract for 20 million (Place holder for Clarke until he is ready)
Sign Patric Beverley 1 + 1 20 million

Dragic, Beverly, Neto
Mitchell, O'Neale, Allen
Ingles, Crowder
Parker, Clarke, Niang
Gobert, Olynyk, Bradley

Justifications -

- Miami Trade saves them a fortune and get the player they wanted the most Brandon Clarke who might be ready to start by the end of the year
- I guess you could keep favors but with Olynyk signed it would be better to release. I would wish him the best and still cheer for him
- Parker might not get much more then 10 mill a year offer and his offense would be welcome. I may be guessing way to low
- Beverley gets more then the MLE to be part of a 3 headed rotation of Dragic, Mitchell and Bev. Dragic health is the biggest concern

Jazz have scoring and shooting. Defense suffers some for now but Clarke can fill that hopefully sooner then later. If Dragic stays healthy this could be a very dangerous team.
Not bad, but you lost me at adding Parker. With Clarke and Olynyk, I wouldn't worry about adding him.

Fantasy 5)
7'1" 26 y o (C) Gobert
6'10" 21 y o(PF) Giles
6'8" 22 y o(SF) Jackson
6'3" 22 y o (SG)Mitchell
6'6" 23 y o (PG) Exum

lol

Many Jazz fans feel this way:

"Trading for Love or trading for Conley isn't getting them a championship. It depletes the Jazz athleticism and ties them to horrendous contracts. Jazz need to add young players that are going to be really good and get them on the rise .
As long as they have Rudy Gobert healthy ,the Jazz are a 50 win team. Go for long term success as opposed to crippling the team with aging players in a short sighted gamble"

@tleikheen

I’m aware. The point that Derrick Favors doesn’t make this team better is a fact that cannot be stressed enough (and it doesn’t mean he’s not a good basketball player or good guy).
Oh, it can be stressed enough, and is. Doesn't mean it's true though. He definitely makes us better. Whether or not there is a better fit that makes us even better is another argument.

His fit with Rubio and Gobert at the same time has been bad. His fit with Gobert and a shooting PG has been good. His fit as backup has been elite.

? Conley is a better player than either right now. And the timeline is now.
I mean you are probably right but lavine averaged more points per game last year than Conley, had a better field goal percentage, a better 3 point percentage (on more attempts), a better efg (lavine got to the line more too), averaged more rebounds per game, and is close on assists. Both players teams sucked.
And that's after Conley just had the best year of his career arguably.
Lavine is younger (by miles), bigger, and cheaper (by miles).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
It sounds like you might not understand my post.

Casey wins coy fired
DeRozan most loyal traded
JV bleed raps traded.

See the above answers. How far did the power of the team is the team take us ?

Yep... Try to see how other team's find success outside of our schemes.
Ya and despite all of that if the raptors don't get one of the luckiest bounces in the history of the NBA in game 7 against the sixers then they don't make it past the 2nd round.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

He fits their type

And it saves them what, 8 million dollars? Not quite sure how the LT works for them, but it's a good amount. They can figure out how to get off the salary later.

They style is ded?

Just saying they can figure out the salary later doesn’t fix the problem. I don’t think it fits their goals at all and I don’t think Dante has positive trade value why do they compromise their goals for him.

Unofficially it does.

You are right they need to make it offical. Everyone is 'tampering' and they only make a small effort to conceal it. Just make the change.

Free agency needs to start before the draft.

I would like FA to start about 3 to 5 days after the Finals. And the draft should get pushed back about 3-4 weeks after FA starts, maybe say after the July 4th holiday or something.

I would like FA to start about 3 to 5 days after the Finals. And the draft should get pushed back about 3-4 weeks after FA starts, maybe say after the July 4th holiday or something.
Yep.

The worst part though; guys getting drafted wearing a hat for a team when everybody knows he's going to another team...

draft_062317_2.jpeg