What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

Last year we needed to do some mild retooling but we ran it back. This year we need to do some pretty major overhauls but I feel we'll end up doing some minor retooling if we aren't moving for someone like Love or Conley. We seem to be a year behind. I suppose next year we'll do some major overhauls by default, but the good options don't seem to be there.

**** it. Just draft Bol Bol and make him a 4.

Here's my trade of the day that people will either hate or love.

Exum and #23 for Bjelica and #40

At #40 one of Paschall, Davis, Weatherspoon, Admiral will be available. We get a good stretch 4 to start the games and keep Jae in his role... save a little money and use our space to sign a pg or trade for Mike Conley using space and picks.

Last year we needed to do some mild retooling but we ran it back. This year we need to do some pretty major overhauls but I feel we'll end up doing some minor retooling if we aren't moving for someone like Love or Conley. We seem to be a year behind. I suppose next year we'll do some major overhauls by default, but the good options don't seem to be there.

**** it. Just draft Bol Bol and make him a 4.

Not using the MLE last year was a little short-sighted. Plenty of dudes that could help were out there for reasonable prices.

At #40 one of Paschall, Davis, Weatherspoon, Admiral will be available. We get a good stretch 4 to start the games and keep Jae in his role... save a little money and use our space to sign a pg or trade for Mike Conley using space and picks.

I just haven't given up on Exum yet so I think a trade like this goes in the wrong direction.

Bjelica is a lot like Mirotic for me. Solid player, helps us in spots, but seems like a guy who is planted on the bench in a tough playoff series.

But this is going to be Exum’s breakout year!

No thanks.

Whatever. For me that trade happening or not happening likely doesn't move the needle either way.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Bjelica likely would get played off the floor in the playoffs

Exum is an important piece for any playoff series as a defender against elite guards.

I just haven't given up on Exum yet so I think a trade like this goes in the wrong direction.

Bjelica is a lot like Mirotic for me. Solid player, helps us in spots, but seems like a guy who is planted on the bench in a tough playoff series.

I get that... realistically there are like 3-4 teams where it is tough to play a guy like Bjelica defensively, but Milwaukee was playing Niko and Ersan, Philly ran out Mike Scott... you need shooters and he is that. My thought is he a good shooting 4 at a price where if you have to bench him in a playoff series then so be it.

I don't fault anyone that disagrees with the trade and won't argue hard with anyone that disagrees... just wanted to lay out the thought process. There aren't a lot of "16 game players" as Draymond Green says. Preference is to get those types but I don't see many available for trade with the #23.

Bjelica likely would get played off the floor in the playoffs

Exum is an important piece for any playoff series as a defender against elite guards.

I agree somewhat... but if he was still hitting his shots at 40% plus from three I think he'd log some time. Exum's lack of shooting might also limit him at the highest levels... I can see the argument against Bjelica, but its the same argument I'd have against Niko, Love, Jabari, etc.

This team is going to be successively less successful every offseason they piss away and you can quote me on that.

I can't find anything about Lavine being available. I've always really liked him though and thought he was underrated. Unfortunately even if he was available we likely don't have the assets to trade for him.

It's because we get too comfortable with what we have and too skeptical about what we don't have.

We gotta do something.
K but you keep suggesting that keeping Favors is in some fantasy scenario both plausible and a good idea. You also keep suggesting we not give up on a guy that’s been in the league for 5 years and done ****ing nothing except take up a roster spot and a bunch of salary.