What's new

Zach Lowe Haad Some Nice Things to Say About...

I recall hearing DL say the next day after the draft that we had planned on taking Gobert at #21 in the first place. Then we traded up so he was off the board. DL liked him enough that he convinced management to 'go get him' and the rest is history. What could we have picked with 14 that would have been better than Trey Burke? Not much. DL turns $1.00 into $1.25 every time he breaths.

The Greek Freak, Giannas A.

Was giannis available at 14?
I don't remember

I thought he went at 15. Both him and Schroeder were the top two guys that I liked at that spot because of their youth and athleticism.

If the Jazz stay at 14 though, I'm pretty sure they would have taken Shabazz Muhammad. Just a gut feeling.

I thought he went at 15. Both him and Schroeder were the top two guys that I liked at that spot because of their youth and athleticism.

If the Jazz stay at 14 though, I'm pretty sure they would have taken Shabazz Muhammad. Just a gut feeling.

My gut just got sick.

For the record the greek freak surprised me with just how much talent he has. I wasn't pimping him but I'm not going to pretend that we didn't miss one just because I didn't see it coming.

Totally regretting not getting him now and I have to imagine DL is as well.

I loved Giannis but sadly my 14 and 21 were Shabazz and Karasev. I said if they didn't fall I would pick Schroeder and Giannis and maybe Gobert but I was overjoyed that we moved up for Burke. I thought Burke would go little bit higher and it wasn't possible to get him.

My 14 was Giannis or Schroeder, but I was elated the Jazz moved up. I also was adamant that the Jazz needed to sign Kendall Marshall because why they hell not. For whatever all that is worth.

I loved Giannis but sadly my 14 and 21 were Shabazz and Karasev. I said if they didn't fall I would pick Schroeder and Giannis and maybe Gobert but I was overjoyed that we moved up for Burke. I thought Burke would go little bit higher and it wasn't possible to get him.
I had Schroeder and Gobert. Picked Rudy, along with one other poster (and now I can't remember who it was), as the steal of the draft. I will admit I knew very little about the Greek Freak and would have been disappointed with him at #14. At the time, I thought maybe the Jazz would target Sam Adams at #14 and then try to move up for Schroeder or Larkin.

Antetokuonmpo and Gobert > Burke and Gobert

It's hindsight. Win some, lose some. I'm not going to get on DL for drafting Trey. Jazz desperately needed a PG; Burke looked like he could be the answer. Given a choice between Trey and Giannis, most GM's and draft experts would have taken Trey. He was ranked as a top-10 talent. Kudos to the Millers for giving DL the extra money to go out and get Gobert. They could have just stayed put and drafted Neto at #46.

It's hindsight. Win some, lose some. I'm not going to get on DL for drafting Trey. Jazz desperately needed a PG; Burke looked like he could be the answer. Given a choice between Trey and Giannis, most GM's and draft experts would have taken Trey. He was ranked as a top-10 talent. Kudos to the Millers for giving DL the extra money to go out and get Gobert. They could have just stayed put and drafted Neto at #46.

He certainly could have done worse than Trey Burke but if we are going to make a fair assessment of that draft we cannot ignore Antetokuonmpo.

We might not get on him but I don't see DL as the type to dismiss it as hindsight. He seems like the type to do his best to make sure he doesn't miss in the future. I think we can see evidence of this in his investment into international scouting. Kinda why I like him so much. DL fan 4 sure.

My 14 was Giannis or Schroeder, but I was elated the Jazz moved up. I also was adamant that the Jazz needed to sign Kendall Marshall because why they hell not. For whatever all that is worth.
I had Schroeder then Giannis and I wanted no part of Burke.

For the record.

I heard Quinn Snyder, offensive guru and miracle worker extraordinaire, has invented the "volley shot" for Gobert. They'll run some strange action, like 3 way and 4 way, then lob in to Gobert in the post and have him tip it up toward the bucket like a volley ball, with Evans or Favors cleaning up the "Kobe Assist", or re-volleying for Gobert looking for the spike on the other side if that misses.

I can't wait to see what else a real coach can do with guys like Kanter, Garrett, and Evans.

I wanted nothing to do with Crotch Punch Schroeder. I don't know what any of you ever saw in him.

Oh yeah, it was some alleged speed measurement, right?