What's new

14th Tank Platoon

If worst comes to worst we can still jump to top 3 with a 6th pick (like we did back in 2006). No need to be doom & gloom.

Final lotto order?

1 sixers
2 bucks
3 magic
4 loser of final Jazz/lakers game(prob lakers, hope Jazz)
5&6 winner of final Jazz/lakers game tie with celtics
7 kings
8 pistons
9 pellies
10 cavs
11 nuggets
12 knicks
13 twolves
14 grizz

Based on strength of schedule, I'd have to place Utah in 8th right now. I hope I'm wrong, of course, but the Jazz have some very winnable home games coming up (Orlando, Detroit, New York, New Orleans, and Lakers). Utah has played well at home, with close come-from-ahead losses to playoff-caliber teams. Even the home games against Memphis, Dallas and Portland aren't automatic losses.

Lakers have a brutal schedule and Sacramento has the fewest number of games left against "tanking" teams. Detroit has almost twice as many away as home games remaining. Let's hope that 4-game lead over the Jazz holds up. As for Boston, they have fewer games against "elite" teams, but many against the next tier (including H/A series against Toronto, Chicago, Washington). Those teams are all fighting for playoff positioning and have been playing well.

Thats too many teams. But we know what you meant.
I wasn't trying to predict who would win the lotto just which teams would participate in it and where would they stand. So yeah perfect number of teams.
Based on strength of schedule, I'd have to place Utah in 8th right now. I hope I'm wrong, of course, but the Jazz have some very winnable home games coming up (Orlando, Detroit, New York, New Orleans, and Lakers). Utah has played well at home, with close come-from-ahead losses to playoff-caliber teams. Even the home games against Memphis, Dallas and Portland aren't automatic losses.

Lakers have a brutal schedule and Sacramento has the fewest number of games left against "tanking" teams. Detroit has almost twice as many away as home games remaining. Let's hope that 4-game lead over the Jazz holds up. As for Boston, they have fewer games against "elite" teams, but many against the next tier (including H/A series against Toronto, Chicago, Washington). Those teams are all fighting for playoff positioning and have been playing well.

I think the Jazz, celtics, kings and lakers all have 4 wins left. Any less than that would be a boon for their team and anymore and they will fall quickly down the lotto order. I can see Utah winning six so I admit that it is optimistic. I hope the Jazz can wake up and sit Burke with an aggravated hand for the last bit.

Kills me that Embiid's injury may play a role in all this. There was talk of him in the 1 or 2 slot which would slide one of the wings down to us. If we were to land at 3 we have to hope that Embiid plays his way back into the top 2 again. Not sure where he is right now, but it feels like Wiggins and Parker are back up in the 1/2 slots currently.

IF dl really wants it he can finish 3RD. problem is ty crobain is playing for his life.

Jazz should let Corbin know he has no chance at remaining head coach and offer him some assistant role like Scott Layden had.

Last I checked, DL is higher up the totem pole than Corbin. He needs to take the initiative and do what it takes to greatly increase his team's chances of getting one of the potential stars the Jazz can likely never get otherwise. Corbin has had more than a fair chance and failed.

The Jazz will probably lose a majority of the games remaining, but they literally need to throw the games against the Magic, Lakers, Pelicans, Pistons and any other game that gets too close. Let Corbin do whatever in the first half, but in the second half bring out a line up like JLIII, Clark, Rush, Thomas and Biedrins for big minutes in the second.

This is a key moment for the future of this franchise. Must lose by any means necessary.