What's new

2 Solutions We Have On Our Roster Right Now

Mudiay is good, Ed Davis will be good.
Jeff Green though is trash and toxic. He helped Utah win some games but he has negative impact overall. His lackluster habits are contagious. We need to get rid of him asap and add a real PF who is aggressive and dependable.

Many people expect Jazz not to make any moves in the upcoming weeks but they probably will because this season is different. They built a team to contend and some piece is obviously missing. TBH this was obvious since the summer, and a lot of JF posters including me pointed it out many many times.

Mudiay is good, Ed Davis will be good.
Jeff Green though is trash and toxic. He helped Utah win some games but he has negative impact overall. His lackluster habits are contagious. We need to get rid of him asap and add a real PF who is aggressive and dependable.

Many people expect Jazz not to make any moves in the upcoming weeks but they probably will because this season is different. They built a team to contend and some piece is obviously missing. TBH this was obvious since the summer, and a lot of JF posters including me pointed it out many many times.
All the noise from Woj and Tony Jones seems to indicate we are not making a move... those guys are pretty clued in... I’m sure that making no changes and thumbing our holes instead of making calls is the right “strategy” here.

All the noise from Woj and Tony Jones seems to indicate we are not making a move... those guys are pretty clued in... I’m sure that making no changes and thumbing our holes instead of making calls is the right “strategy” here.
Hard to go shopping in a market with a couple of nickels in your pocket. May as well sit at home and dilute the vinegar.

Hard to go shopping in a market with a couple of nickels in your pocket. May as well sit at home and dilute the vinegar.
I think it’s reasonable to think you could get someone like an Aminu, when it’s clear Orlando is going nowhere in the East, he hasn’t played particularly well, and he’s got a longer contract that really isn’t serving a purpose. Trading for Exum allows you to shave a year (the most worthless year of basketball) off his contract and pick up a couple second rounders. Then there’s the inevitable thinking “and what if he actually turned anything besides a DNP guy? Huge bonus!”

One far-fetched example is if Pop wanted to give DL the HBO special with Mills and pick up a couple second rounders. That deal is predicated solely on Pop thinking it’s an HBO special for DL and Mills.

Oh, and NYK May be dumb enough to trade Portis for him.

That’s about it, though. I’d do any or all of the above.

I think it’s reasonable to think you could get someone like an Aminu, when it’s clear Orlando is going nowhere in the East, he hasn’t played particularly well, and he’s got a longer contract that really isn’t serving a purpose. Trading for Exum allows you to shave a year (the most worthless year of basketball) off his contract and pick up a couple second rounders. Then there’s the inevitable thinking “and what if he actually turned anything besides a DNP guy? Huge bonus!”

One far-fetched example is if Pop wanted to give DL the HBO special with Mills and pick up a couple second rounders. That deal is predicated solely on Pop thinking it’s an HBO special for DL and Mills.

I hear you. I think those trades look good (even though I’ve heard Aminu is injured). They all feel unlikely af (especially Mills), even if we were actively trying to make something happen.

Good thing the Jazz think they don’t need any help and have $14 million committed to Exum and Davis. Not to mention >$30 million to Conley. Nope, no problems here. The Jazz can just play the five healthy NBA players they have 48 minutes a game.
We need to get to 8 reliable guys... I actually think Mudiay can be one by year end... but in a 12 minutes a night type of way. Right now we have 5... 6 when Conley is healthy.

Ideally we'd have 9 and guys like Niang and Bradley are emergency or injury replacement options that are fine for a little while.

Look this is bad... but even doing an Exum and filler for Dieng and a second would be solid move because Dieng is an upgrade over Ed... maybe the second provides some ability to pick up a minimum rotation guy.

I think there are some deals that are viewed as worse than Exum's and I think we could get a rotation piece for him... but as you have mentioned DL would be so reluctant to give up on #5 pick in the draft for an overpaid 9th man. We are winning enough that they won't feel the pressure to do anything. We could be winning some of these games by wide margins and not wearing out our core guys.

SA owes us a solid though for taking Bradley and for the Boris Diaw deal... its time to call in the favor. Hell Demarre Carroll is picking up DNPs and has a 6M deal... we could cobble that kind of salary together. I'd rather play Carroll than Niang.

Look this is bad... but even doing an Exum and filler for Dieng and a second would be solid move because Dieng is an upgrade over Ed... maybe the second provides some ability to pick up a minimum rotation guy.

I think there are some deals that are viewed as worse than Exum's and I think we could get a rotation piece for him... but as you have mentioned DL would be so reluctant to give up on #5 pick in the draft for an overpaid 9th man. We are winning enough that they won't feel the pressure to do anything. We could be winning some of these games by wide margins and not wearing out our core guys.

SA owes us a solid though for taking Bradley and for the Boris Diaw deal... its time to call in the favor. Hell Demarre Carroll is picking up DNPs and has a 6M deal... we could cobble that kind of salary together. I'd rather play Carroll than Niang.
**** it. Here's the trade of the century:

Exum and Bradley to San Antonio for DeMarre Carroll and Marco Belinelli.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

That's a gigantic upgrade to our bench. We dump Exum's contract on those poor, hapless bastards, and SA can finally get Bradley.

This requires a huge pride swallow of DL but probably wins us 3 more games + rests our guys + gives us a defensive option against Kawhi/LeBron in the playoffs.

I just read in Tony Jones latest article that over the last two games our bench has been outscored 96 to 26, it almost cost us both games, and both were against bad teams. I get that there's locker room politics and all that involved and it's hard to replace veterans in the lineup with young guy's without causing a rift, but something has to change. Give Davis's minutes to Bradley, give Brantley a shot, just try something, anything. We're 27 games into the season now and it's clearly not working and it's not gonna get any better.

That's a gigantic upgrade to our bench. We dump Exum's contract on those poor, hapless bastards, and SA can finally get Bradley.

This requires a huge pride swallow of DL but probably wins us 3 more games + rests our guys + gives us a defensive option against Kawhi/LeBron in the playoffs.

You didn't fix the main problem doe... Ed. I'm telling you he effs up the whole offense... can't catch and finish, can't shoot, isn't such a good defender that it overcomes his other issues.

I'd call NY and just see if they'd do Ed and filler (plus a second rounder or two) for Taj Gibson... I'd rather keep Exum's *** glued to the bench than keep playing Ed. Last night Joe hit some shots when Ed was in and Ed caught and finished one basket... he had two basic point blank layups off of our action and was stripped both times. He's a low volume terrible shooter that defenses are ignoring completely.

I just read in Tony Jones latest article that over the last two games our bench has been outscored 96 to 26, it almost cost us both games, and both were against bad teams. I get that there's locker room politics and all that involved and it's hard to replace veterans in the lineup with young guy's without causing a rift, but something has to change. Give Davis's minutes to Bradley, give Brantley a shot, just try something, anything. We're 27 games into the season now and it's clearly not working and it's not gonna get any better.
Even when Davis sets picks it provides like no value... they go over the top and his guy just drops and waits... if you could throw it to him and have him catch it and do anything except turn it over or miss a shot then that'd be okay. Bradley is getting more offensive rebounds and has outperformed him by a wide margin. Ed might have value on the trade market based on his rep... his performance has been really bad doe so that rep value will dwindle if he doesn't play better.

You didn't fix the main problem doe... Ed. I'm telling you he effs up the whole offense... can't catch and finish, can't shoot, isn't such a good defender that it overcomes his other issues.

I'd call NY and just see if they'd do Ed and filler (plus a second rounder or two) for Taj Gibson... I'd rather keep Exum's *** glued to the bench than keep playing Ed. Last night Joe hit some shots when Ed was in and Ed caught and finished one basket... he had two basic point blank layups off of our action and was stripped both times. He's a low volume terrible shooter that defenses are ignoring completely.

He is incredibly slow under the basket, too. Multiple times last night he got the ball and had to gather himself in just enough time for the defender to collapse on him. Then instead of going up strong and drawing a foul, he either fumbled it or kicked it back out with little time on the clock. I was really amazed at how he couldn't handle a gimme at the rim.

He is incredibly slow under the basket, too. Multiple times last night he got the ball and had to gather himself in just enough time for the defender to collapse on him. Then instead of going up strong and drawing a foul, he either fumbled it or kicked it back out with little time on the clock. I was really amazed at how he couldn't handle a gimme at the rim.
He had 7 pts in that awful Lakers game... outside of that it is 0's and 2's with the occasional breakout of 4... yet some will say playing him provides an upside the Bradley does not have.

He's been a rare combo of low volume shooting, low percentage shooting, but still really high turnover rate that I'm not sure the league has seen. He can't be this bad... but do you know how many offensive rebounds you have to get or how awesome you have to be at defense to make up for that? Its a lot. Year-over-year he's been a lot worse... so maybe it is just a rough patch... he also might be a terrible fit and it may never work.

We have Tony Bradley... if we wanted an in case of emergency third center then we could have signed a vet that is a better fit for that role. Effing play the guy... the numbers suggest he is playing much better than Ed... find out if it is real. I don't buy the BS that you lose the locker room if you do it. We benched Dante's ***. Even if Ed checks out mentally... I honestly don't think he can play worse than he has... he is below true replacement level at the moment imo.

Imagine where Miami would be if they played Dion Waiters and James Johnson instead of Kendrick Nunn and Duncan Robinson because those guys are vets and they didn't want to lose the locker room. Just a thought when considering our playing time decisions... not saying any of the young guys are that good.

I feel like Marco is the type of dude that could do a front somersault, then morph into a frontal 720 twist, into a cartwheel, and finish with a back somersault and land perfectly and still hit the shot. The dude hits some really tough off balance shots and you think, how?

I meant to mention carroll yesterday. He’s had a bunch of dnp’s in a row now. We could prob snag him.